Just what everyone wanted a Death Star Spaceship Earth

donsullivan

Premium Member
Good grief people. It's a harmless, one-time event. Nothing is being permanently changed. No operating hours are being impacted. No paying guest will be impacted or 'forced' to see this. The overwhelming majority of potential WDW guests will have absolutely no clue this event even happened. Outside of some people projecting negativity toward Disney for the sake of it, I can't see how this is an issue at all.

Nobody who doesn't want to see this will experience it or be impacted by it, and the next day it will be over and things will move on. What is the big deal?

Monorail_Red_77

Do they have projectors at Epcot?
They brought in temporary projectors back when they did the video spot for Monstrous Summer 24 hours back in 2013. Here's some screen grabs from the youtube video.
Monster 1.jpg

Monster 2.jpg

Monster 3.jpg

Monster 4.jpg

I'm sure it wouldn't take much to make them permanent.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
IMO, every eligible surface should be turned into a Tree of Life Awakenings canvas. From a few fleeting shadows in windows to full-on five minute clips of Disney movies to newly created vignettes.

raven

Exactly...The 3 other Hubs get a projection and SE is left in the dark (Seriously no color changing rotation to it since the 80's)...Let it have it's turn for once..
I agree. But also this technology is already loosing some of it's "wow" factor because most guests have already seen something similar. It's too bad Epcot, which Future World once featured the newest and latest technology, is the last park to get this. Just seems to me that Epcot is lately the dumping ground for the most random things.

Princess Leia

After thinking that Disney was throwing Rogue One under the bus, I'm glad it's getting some attention with this and the Launch Bay additions. Should it get something in Star Tours? Yes, but apparently that's not happening.

Clamman73

This is an "instrument of death" in the same spirit as the hat box ghost or the dynamite exploding in Big Thunder.

Political correctness is so last year.
Have I misconstrued the whole Big Thunder Mountain story the whole time???

Sonic Sunglasses

Good grief people. It's a harmless, one-time event. Nothing is being permanently changed. No operating hours are being impacted. No paying guest will be impacted or 'forced' to see this. The overwhelming majority of potential WDW guests will have absolutely no clue this event even happened. Outside of some people projecting negativity toward Disney for the sake of it, I can't see how this is an issue at all.

Nobody who doesn't want to see this will experience it or be impacted by it, and the next day it will be over and things will move on. What is the big deal?
Thank you. I found all the hand-wringing baffling as well.

csmat99

Yeah I didn't quite understand what is going on at this event either. They call it a Star Wars celebration of rogue one and have the Death Star on spaceship earth but have very little details about what actually is going to happen.
We clearly know what this event is for. It's to get all the people that have criticized Iger and Disney in one place so the death start can take them all out with one blast. :eek:

twebber55

agreed
im not a fan of ever turning to the death star but an event like this is totally fine
lighten up its Friday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom