Just what everyone wanted a Death Star Spaceship Earth

SosoDude

For me, this ranks as a solid, "Meh". My enthusiasm for 'Rogue One' is waning by the day, as I realize more and more it's just a money grab by Disney. I mean, really, does anyone want to know how the Death Star plans were stolen? If you do, more power to you. Personally, I'd rather have a new, original story played out on the big screen rather than what's being foisted upon us by Iger and his henchmen. Just imagine what could have been possible if Disney hadn't declared the original EU as verboten...
I am more excited about Rogue One than I am for the next serialized Star Wars movie. This one actually looks like it will have an original plot, unlikeTFA, and not a re-tread of A New Hope. Which is odd, seeing how Rogue is more directly tied to the original.

FigmentJedi

While I think this event would be cool, I'm confused at Epcot's direction. I thought Star Wars was a DHS thing? Is everything just everywhere anymore? Will we soon be seeing Spider-Man climbing Cinderella Castle? Just weird to me.
This is Chapek's "Think Big for Epcot" moment: Doing an event based around one of the oldest dumb jokes about Spaceship Earth's appearance.

jrhwdw

I wonder if park guests will see this since ROE/Holiday Tag is at 9:30? Will they rush guests out backstage so they won't notice what's happening?

donsullivan

Premium Member
I wonder if park guests will see this since ROE/Holiday Tag is at 9:30? Will they rush guests out backstage so they won't notice what's happening?

The event starts at 10:15P so I'm guessing they'll do an aggressive sweep of guests in the park and then route them along the west side side of the entrance plaza as they leave the park. They can't really route them out anywhere else since folks need to get to buses, monorails and cars that are all out in front of the park. Attendees are being asked to enter over on the east side of the entrance plaza.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom