1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Trip It's the time of your life!

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by belledream, Jun 27, 2017.

1. belledream

belledream Well-Known Member Original Poster

Glad to have you along for the ride again bee!

Yup, we went over the menus! I'm going to post our initial list this week! :D Let's just say I have 32 snack credits to play with...but my list is a little longer than that. ;)

bee likes this.
  2. ScarletBegonias

ScarletBegonias Well-Known Member

I got the mirror with the rose inside of it and some roses around the outside of the mirror. It's not colored in yet. When it is, i'll post a picture!!!

belledream likes this.
  3. joshsprincess921

joshsprincess921 Well-Known Member

The grilled octopus is SOOOO GOOOOOOD! You will not regret it.

belledream likes this.
  4. belledream

Ooooh sounds lovely! Please do!

Mmm...thanks for your vote! I'll pencil it in...in pen. :D

ScarletBegonias likes this.
  5. belledream

35 Food & Wine booths this year – holy moly! Talk about gettin’ reacquainted. Been waiting (im)patiently for the menus to come out so we could dive headfirst into planning again, and it did not disappoint. We have 32 snack credits to play with, but our initial list has come out to a total of…45. Yeah, that’s probably going to be cut down a bit. A few of them are repeats faves, which, is how we try-not-to-roll…

…But sometimes we can’t help it.

Behold, the list…with pictures! (So many that this will be a 2-part installation.)

Active Eats
    Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions
    [​IMG]
    *SO GOOD*

Roasted Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri
    [​IMG]
    Probably would be a good idea to have a 'healthier' dish thrown in there.

The Almond Orchard
    Banana Almond Sundae layered with Fresh Berries and topped with Dark Chocolate and Blueberry Almonds [​IMG]
    One of those things that looks pretty and premium, but we may just skip it for a traditional World Showcase dessert.

Australia

Grilled Lamb T-Bone with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies
    [​IMG]
    J wants to repeat this. It was good, but I’m most focused on new things.

Canada
    Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup served with a Pretzel Roll
    [​IMG]
    But you can’t pass this one up. And it comes with a little pretzel bread! We didn’t get that last time.

“Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce
    [​IMG]
    Basically a F&W staple and if you don't get it, were you really there?

The Cheese Studio
    Braised Beef “Stroganoff” with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom, and Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce

Cheese Trio: Profiterole topped with Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese and Orange Apricot Jam, Smoked Salmon Pinwheel with Boursin Shallot and Chive Cheese and Everything Seasoning and Strawberry Macaroon with Boursin Pepper Cheese
    [​IMG]
    Not sure I actually want to eat really creamy cheese on a 95 degree day, but we’ll see.

China
    Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce
    [​IMG]
    The real stuff is delectable. Hoping that this one is somewhat up to par.

Chocolate Studio
    Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte with Whipped Cream and Raspberry Dust
    [​IMG]
    This is the first thing that made me gasp when I saw it. I’m a sucker for raspberry/chocolate things and OMG I-MUST-HAVE-IT.
    [​IMG]
    Literally drooling right now.

Coastal Eats
    Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado Lemongrass Cream
    Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough Baguette
    Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn and Butterbean Succotash and Chili-Chipotle Butter Sauce
    [​IMG]
    Want pretty much everything on the menu, but especially the scallops. I rarely order scallops at restaurants for fear that it won’t be filling enough. But this day of gluttony will be my chance!

Craft Beers
    Chilled Scotch Egg wrapped in Sausage with Mustard Sauce

Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich

(J's manly picks. We will probably be the only people at the Craft Beers booth not ordering beer.)

Earth Eats
    Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots, and Feta Cheese
    [​IMG]
    This is beautiful. Will devour.

Farm Fresh
    Crispy Chicken with Griddled Cornbread and Red Eye Gravy

Roasted Beet Salad with Green Beans, Feta Cheese, Minus 8 Vinaigrette and Toasted Walnuts
    [​IMG]
    Beets and I are having a moment and I’m not even sure why. I found them kinda at first, but they’re so pretty it’s actually grown on me.

Flavors From Fire
    Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso Romano and America Grana Cheeses
    [​IMG]
    Sweet Pancake with Spicy Chipotle Chicken Sausage, Onion Jam and Maple Butter Syrup

Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Raspberry Dust

Thus ends PART I...

...PART II coming right up!

6. belledream

Continuing on...

France
    Crème Brûlée à la Confiture de Framboises: Crème Brûlée with Housemade Raspberry Jam

Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley
    [​IMG]
    It’s been a while since I’ve had escargot, and this is really what F& W is about.

Germany
    Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese
    [​IMG]
    Was going to grab this as a snack from Sommerfest, but we compared pictures, and this one looks superior.

Greece
    Taste of Greece: Stuffed Grape Leaves with Lemon Dill Sauce, Grilled Octopus and Feta Cheese Dip with Warm Pita

Hawaii
    Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise

Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad and Pickled Cucumbers and Wasabi Cream

Teriyaki-glazed SPAM Hash with Potatoes, Peppers and Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise
    [​IMG]
    The first two are our perennial favorites at F&W, but the last one has us salivating. Having traveled to Hawaii this year, we were introduced to the obsession that is SPAM there. A definite must-try.

Hops & Barley
    New England Lobster Roll

Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese served on Griddled Garlic Toast
    [​IMG]
    We've gotten the Lobster Roll before so I could take it or leave it, but I will not leave without getting my hands on this one.

India
    Pistachio Cardamom Bundt Cake with Chocolate Coconut Mousse
    [​IMG]
    Having gone through an Indian food kick, I’m actually a little sick of it at the moment, but this cake sure is enticing.

Italy
    Crispy Calamari with Spicy Pomodoro Sauce

Costoletta di Agnello alla Marchigiana: Braised T-Bone Lamp Chops and Potatoes with Vidalia Onions, Thyme, Bay Leaf and Lamb Jus

Cannoli al Cioccolato: Chocolate-covered Cannoli filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate and Candied Fruit
    [​IMG]
    We skipped Italy entirely last time around, but we’ll probably get one out of the three at least.

Japan
    Wasabi Shumai Steamed Pork Dumplings

Morocco
    Spicy Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce
    [​IMG]
    Heard lots of praise about this…not preparing for disappointment! But eww...those cucumbers.

Chocolate Baklava: Rolled Phyllo Dough with Toasted Almonds and Dark Chocolate Sauce
    [​IMG]
    Baklava is soo delicious. If we don’t stop by Tangierine Café for a QS meal, this will definitely suffice.

New Zealand
    Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted Breadcrumbs
    [​IMG]
    I’m the shellfish fan in the fam. Another one of those items I don’t get often and would like to try here.

Scotland
    Traditional Scottish Lamb Stew with Neeps and Tatties
    [​IMG]
    Looks unassuming enough…but what the heck are neeps and tatties?
    *Googles it*
    *Lets out bloodcurdling scream at picture of Haggis*
    Why is this still on my list again?

Fresh Potato Pancake with Scottish Smoked Salmon and Herbed Sour Cream
    [​IMG]
    FAVE ALERT!

Spain
    Traditional Spanish Paella with Shrimp, Mussels, Chicken and Crispy Chorizo

Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Bay Scallops and Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Paprika

Charcuterie in a Cone with a selection of imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses, Olives and an Herb Vinaigrette [​IMG]
    Basically everything we love dumped into a cone.

Wine and Dine
    Pulled Duck Confit with Cannellini Bean Ragoût and Zinfandel Reduction

Seared Scallops, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussel Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms
    [​IMG]
    More scallops...now that I think about it, lots of seafood on this list.

And there you have it. Our initial picks for the 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival! Bring on the food, bring on the fun!

7. SarahBella82

SarahBella82 Well-Known Member

You are going to be eating so well!

belledream likes this.
  8. PacNWTigger

PacNWTigger Well-Known Member

Omigosh!! I shouldn't have read this when I forgot my afternoon snack today!! SOOOO hungry now!

belledream and RedNoseMickey like this.
  9. *Flynnderella*

*Flynnderella* Well-Known Member

Oh my that food looks so good!!! If they have the Lobster & Popcorn Thai soup at Tiffins, get it!!! You will not regret! I must have posted a post similar to this on about 5 threads since I got back but seriously...it's amazing!
    Plans look great & I look forward to the rest
    :)

belledream and RedNoseMickey like this.
  10. RedNoseMickey

RedNoseMickey Well-Known Member

Wow, a lot of that food looks so good! You are making me hungry.

belledream likes this.
  11. belledream

Food is like 50% of the attraction for us whilst at WDW! You might be more likely to find us eating instead of being in line for FOP! :p

Wahhaha sorry! :(

The soup intrigued me too! I love soups but I'm leaning towards the octopus over it...because it photographs better. Shallow, dumb reasons haha! :confused:

Seems like there is no good time to post. We just all need to pack up and go! :D

bee, *Flynnderella* and RedNoseMickey like this.