Pre-Trip It's the time of your life!

You don't want to stop...it's your chance, live it up!

Remember that song? I have not had access to iTunes in oh, about 10 years...so all those Disney hits are still playing on my ancient little iPod to this day. Anyways, was listening to this song this morning, and felt some true Disney inspiration! Lines like "Cause you get the chance and you take it, Make it the best you can make it, Why should you hold back?" really spoke to me.

This pre-trip report comes a little on the later side than usual. I think it's partly because we weren't 100% sure we were going to Disney this year, coupled with the fact that when it was confirmed, it kind of felt...disappointing. It's been a humbling year for us, as we set our hearts on growing our family, but that time hasn't come for us yet. It's been hard to not associate those feelings with Disney itself, for it was my childhood, it was and is our love story, and it holds dearly many of our hopes and dreams for the future. We had so many grand visions of sharing this magical place with little ones, that it feels almost bittersweet to be going back, just the two of us. Yet here we are, and "Celebrate You" gave me life today. I have so much to celebrate in my person, and that is my loving, down-for-anything, kinda dorky, amusing husband, J. This is a time in our lives that we may one day miss, but we sure aren't going to miss out on anything now!

The Cast
Us, and our baby Pook-a-looz, Goofy & Pluto.
GP.png

Who said my name?

The Plan
September is our jam. Staying from the 2nd to the 10th at All Star Music. Usually, I like to switch the resorts up, but something about All Star Music really captured our hearts last year. I think it was Broadway. Those streets at night...*love*.

So that's a grand total of 9 days in the World, and we are planning for 7 park days, 1 nonpark day, and 1 water park day. There's a lot to look forward to:
DDQ6QNFWsAATz9i.jpg:large

MK: Happily Ever After (haven't even listened to the soundtrack yet, gosh I'm excited)
EP: Food & Wine Festival (it's been 2 years since our last)
HS: Star Wars Galactic Spectacular (we saw a dumbed-down, rain-version last year)
AK: Pandora and Rivers of Light (AK nights are about to get even more 'lit' as the kids say)

Dining will be covered ad nauseam, because eating is kind of a passion of ours.

FP+ is coming up and I'm already apprehensive.

Anyways, all of that will be coming in the next installments. If you stuck around til now, thanks for reading, and hope you will follow our next grand adventure. I'll end with a quote from the man himself:

“I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter. With the laugh comes the tears and in developing motion pictures or television shows, you must combine all the facts of life — drama, pathos and humor.”
―Walt Disney
63e9b7e9707a8671564dfac4a304c21a.jpg

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

belledream

Original Poster

ScarletBegonias

I missed a few of these replies for some reason!

But YES to food planning! It's almost as fun as eating. I definitely have a snack list with location and price...gotta maximize those snack credits! :p

I feel the same way except that when I'm there, I see the snack I want, and I'm too full to eat it or say I'll get it later and truly regret it. :cry:

Welcome back Scarlet!!! :D BATB tattoo? That sounds awesome! I'm not a tattoo girl but if I were, I wouldn't put many other options above that! I def cried during the trailer...Tale as Old as Time gets me every time. Thanks for the wishes! :inlove:

I got the mirror with the rose inside of it and some roses around the outside of the mirror. It's not colored in yet. When it is, i'll post a picture!!!

joshsprincess921

You know those comments like 'How does Disney expect me to know what I want to eat at 6 months out?' Guilty. Totally guilty. I literally search every menu item on the internet before I can commit to a dining reservation because I am shallow and judge food based on looks.

So what does that equate to? A long post complete with pictures and ramblings about 'favorites' and 'wants'! Please feel free to chime in with your own favorites, and please, for the love of Mickey Mouse, tell me if I am making a decision I will regret!

Tiffins
We have the Rivers of Light package so that means we'll also get appetizers with our meal...which means I open up the menu and my 'wants' list multiply like bunnies. While everything from the mussels to the soup make my mouth water, I am currently drawn to the Marinated Grilled Octopus, because how often do I get to eat octopus at Disney? Not very often.
Tiffins-Marinated-Grilled-Octopus-3.jpg

J initially said he wanted the bread service and I was like, NO WHAT A WASTE, and now he wants the Sustainable Seasonal Fish Causa because it looks like raw fish and that's all. He knows nothing else about it. For his entrée, it's a no brainer. He wants the Wagyu Strip Loin and Braised Short Rib, and I approve of this one. Man, isn't that beautiful?
Tiffins-Wagyu-Striploin-and-Braised-Short-Rib-3.jpg

Tiffins menu really speaks to me, so I'm on the fence with a variety of possibilities...it might be a gametime decision. (So much for my opening statement. I swear I'm not a hypocrite - this one is particularly hard!)
Tiffins-South-American-Chocolate-Ganache-1.jpg

For dessert, we're fighting over the rights to the South American Chocolate Ganache.

Brown Derby
Another dining package. Feeling indulgent I suppose. Any Famous Cobb Salad fans out there? Worth it over a crab cake or tuna? J's got the Beef Carpaccio covered already.
Brown-Derby-Cobb-Salad.jpg

Duck Two Ways is my current muse. I'm trying not to get too attached to a certain menu item at a Signature place, since they tend to disappear mysteriously!
Duck-Two-Ways-Hollywood-Brown-Derby.jpg

Well, as long as I get the Grapefruit Cake somewhere in the dessert trio, I'll be happy.

Kona Café
Words like 'Miso-buttered Strip Loin' and 'Dashi Noodle Bowl' on the new menu have us sold. Throw in some of the best desserts we've ever had at WDW and Kona Café is literally twisting our arms into going back again.
Kilauea-Torte.jpg

Hi, beautiful Kilauea Torte.

Be Our Guest
Pretty much ate our way through the entire menu, and J has found his forever food in the Grilled Strip Steak, but I'm not ready for commitment yet. Catch Du Jour was added to the menu and I want to see what it's all about! Clearly, nobody else on the internet cares, as my search for a picture was futile. Clearly that's a good sign. Anyways, here's a picture of the gone Salmon to fill the void.
Be-Our-Guest-Salmon.jpg

I regret every single BOG meal I have where I do not have my beloved Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake.
Strawberry-Cream-Cheese-Cupcake-Be-Our-Guest-Lunch.jpg

No more mistakes!

Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'
We're comin' for that fried chicken! Is it considered ordering different things if J gets Art's Famous Fried Chicken and I get Fried Chicken and Doughnuts?
Homecoming-Disney-Springs-fried-chicken-and-doughnuts-July-2017.jpg

I'm afraid it's gonna be so great that we won't want to share. I have serious FOMO.
Homecoming-Disney-Springs-Hummingbird-Cake-July-2017-1.jpg

I'm totally getting the Hummingbird Cake for dessert. It's just gorgeous!

Tokyo Dining
New menu, old visitors. J has his eye on three things. The Filet Mignon:
Filet-Mignon_Tokyo-Dining_16-03.jpg

The Kurobuta Tomahawk Tonkatsu:
Kurobuta-Tomahawk-Tonkatsu_Tokyo-Dining_16-06.jpg

And the Miso-marinated Rack of Lamb. I'll probably end up getting 1 of the 2 he doesn't get because I am a great wife.

Satu'li Canteen
Yes, it's not Table Service, but the pictures are pretty and like I said earlier, I'm shallow and am going to include them. I'm still a little fuzzy on the menu/concept, so I think it's one of those things I'll have to figure out when I order, but both of us are actually really excited to try this place, and treating it like a special dinner! He'll definitely go for the Slow-roasted Sliced Grilled Beef Bowl.
Pandora-World-of-Avatar-Satuli-Canteen-slow-roasted-sliced-grilled-beef-bowl-May-2017-1.jpg

For variety, I will probably get the Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl, but not holding myself to it if I want to go beef or fish...or even tofu!
Pandora-World-of-Avatar-Satuli-Canteen-wood-grilled-chicken-bowl-May-2017-4.jpg

And this awesome-looking-thingamabob...the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse...is literally everything J hates bundled into one, but even he wants to try it. It's that cool!
Pandora-World-of-Avatar-Satuli-Canteen-Blueberry-Cream-Cheese-Mousse-May-2017-1.jpg

The Chocolate Cake is also drool-worthy.
Pandora-World-of-Avatar-Satuli-Canteen-Chocolate-Cake-May-2017-3.jpg

Just occurred to me: you'd think these two desserts would have more interesting names, no?

Anyways, that's it for dining, actually! It doesn't seem like a lot, but I guess we are going to two Signature restaurants, have a ton of QS going on, and also have Food & Wine to work in.

F&W! That will be coming in another installment whenever they release. the. menus. In the meantime, I will have to find other ways to entertain myself.

The grilled octopus is SOOOO GOOOOOOD! You will not regret it.

belledream

Original Poster
35 Food & Wine booths this year – holy moly! Talk about gettin’ reacquainted. Been waiting (im)patiently for the menus to come out so we could dive headfirst into planning again, and it did not disappoint. We have 32 snack credits to play with, but our initial list has come out to a total of…45. Yeah, that’s probably going to be cut down a bit. A few of them are repeats faves, which, is how we try-not-to-roll…

…But sometimes we can’t help it.

Behold, the list…with pictures! (So many that this will be a 2-part installation.)

Active Eats
Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions
2015-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Farm-Fresh-Loaded-mac-nGÇÖ-cheese-with-NueskeGÇÖs-pepper-bacon-cheddar-cheese-peppers-and-green-onions-467x600.jpg

*SO GOOD*

Roasted Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri
salmon-2-600x412.jpg

Probably would be a good idea to have a 'healthier' dish thrown in there.

The Almond Orchard
Banana Almond Sundae layered with Fresh Berries and topped with Dark Chocolate and Blueberry Almonds
The-Almond-Orchard_Banana-Almond-Soft-Serve-Sundae_2017-Tables-in-Wonderland-Food-and-Wine-Preview_17-01-450x600.jpg

One of those things that looks pretty and premium, but we may just skip it for a traditional World Showcase dessert.

Australia

Grilled Lamb T-Bone with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies
2015-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Australia-Booth-Grilled-Lamb-Chop-with-Mint-Pesto-and-Potato-Crunchies-2-700x269.jpg

J wants to repeat this. It was good, but I’m most focused on new things.

Canada
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup served with a Pretzel Roll
2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Canada-Canadian-cheddar-cheese-soup-served-with-a-pretzel-roll-645x600.jpg

But you can’t pass this one up. And it comes with a little pretzel bread! We didn’t get that last time.

“Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce
2015-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Canada-Booth-Le-Cellier-wild-mushroom-beef-filet-mignon-with-truffle-butter-sauce-609x600.jpg

Basically a F&W staple and if you don't get it, were you really there?

The Cheese Studio
Braised Beef “Stroganoff” with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom, and Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce

Cheese Trio: Profiterole topped with Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese and Orange Apricot Jam, Smoked Salmon Pinwheel with Boursin Shallot and Chive Cheese and Everything Seasoning and Strawberry Macaroon with Boursin Pepper Cheese
The-Cheese-Studio-Cheese-Trio-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-2017-Media-Preview-6-700x413.jpg

Not sure I actually want to eat really creamy cheese on a 95 degree day, but we’ll see.

China
Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce
2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-China-Beijing-Roasted-Duck-in-a-Steamed-Bun-with-Hoisin-Sauce-700x525.jpg

The real stuff is delectable. Hoping that this one is somewhat up to par.

Chocolate Studio
Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte with Whipped Cream and Raspberry Dust
Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-2016-The-Chocolate-Studio-Ghirardelli-Chocolate-Raspberry-Torte-2-678x600.jpg

This is the first thing that made me gasp when I saw it. I’m a sucker for raspberry/chocolate things and OMG I-MUST-HAVE-IT.
Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-2016-The-Chocolate-Studio-Ghirardelli-Chocolate-Raspberry-Torte-cross-section-700x415.jpg

Literally drooling right now.

Coastal Eats
Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado Lemongrass Cream
Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough Baguette
Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn and Butterbean Succotash and Chili-Chipotle Butter Sauce
Coastal-Eats-Seared-Scallops-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-2017-Media-preview-6-700x455.jpg

Want pretty much everything on the menu, but especially the scallops. I rarely order scallops at restaurants for fear that it won’t be filling enough. But this day of gluttony will be my chance!

Craft Beers
Chilled Scotch Egg wrapped in Sausage with Mustard Sauce

Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich

(J's manly picks. We will probably be the only people at the Craft Beers booth not ordering beer.)

Earth Eats
Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots, and Feta Cheese
Peanut-Butter-and-White-Chocolate-Mousse-with-a-Caramel-Drizzle-Grilled-Beef-Skewer-with-Romaine-Apricots-and-Feta-Cheese-526x600.jpg

This is beautiful. Will devour.

Farm Fresh
Crispy Chicken with Griddled Cornbread and Red Eye Gravy

Roasted Beet Salad with Green Beans, Feta Cheese, Minus 8 Vinaigrette and Toasted Walnuts
Pickled-Beets-Salad-600x376.jpg

Beets and I are having a moment and I’m not even sure why. I found them kinda at first, but they’re so pretty it’s actually grown on me.

Flavors From Fire
Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso Romano and America Grana Cheeses
Flavors-from-Fire-Smoked-Corned-Beef-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Media-Preview-2017-1-700x593.jpg

Sweet Pancake with Spicy Chipotle Chicken Sausage, Onion Jam and Maple Butter Syrup

Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Raspberry Dust

Thus ends PART I...

...PART II coming right up!

belledream

Original Poster
Continuing on...

France
Crème Brûlée à la Confiture de Framboises: Crème Brûlée with Housemade Raspberry Jam

Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley
2015-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-France-Croissant-aux-escargots-with-garlic-and-parsley-cross-section-548x600.jpg

It’s been a while since I’ve had escargot, and this is really what F& W is about.

Germany
Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese
Schinken-Nudel-Pasta-Gratin-with-Ham-and-Cheese1-468x625.jpg

Was going to grab this as a snack from Sommerfest, but we compared pictures, and this one looks superior.

Greece
Taste of Greece: Stuffed Grape Leaves with Lemon Dill Sauce, Grilled Octopus and Feta Cheese Dip with Warm Pita

Hawaii
Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise

Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad and Pickled Cucumbers and Wasabi Cream

Teriyaki-glazed SPAM Hash with Potatoes, Peppers and Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise
Hawaii-Teriyaki-glazed-SPAM-Hash-2017-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Media-Preview-4-700x529.jpg

The first two are our perennial favorites at F&W, but the last one has us salivating. Having traveled to Hawaii this year, we were introduced to the obsession that is SPAM there. A definite must-try.

Hops & Barley
New England Lobster Roll

Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese served on Griddled Garlic Toast
2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Hops-Barley-Smoked-Beef-Brisket-and-Pimento-Cheese-served-on-Griddled-Garlic-Toast-700x525.jpg

We've gotten the Lobster Roll before so I could take it or leave it, but I will not leave without getting my hands on this one.

India
Pistachio Cardamom Bundt Cake with Chocolate Coconut Mousse
Pistachio-Cardamom-Cake-with-Coconut-Chocolate-Mousse-India-Booth-2017-700x394.jpg

Having gone through an Indian food kick, I’m actually a little sick of it at the moment, but this cake sure is enticing.

Italy
Crispy Calamari with Spicy Pomodoro Sauce

Costoletta di Agnello alla Marchigiana: Braised T-Bone Lamp Chops and Potatoes with Vidalia Onions, Thyme, Bay Leaf and Lamb Jus

Cannoli al Cioccolato: Chocolate-covered Cannoli filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate and Candied Fruit
Cannoli-Italy-Booth-2014-600x356.jpg

We skipped Italy entirely last time around, but we’ll probably get one out of the three at least.

Japan
Wasabi Shumai Steamed Pork Dumplings

Morocco
Spicy Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce
2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Morocco-Spicy-Hummus-Fries-1-700x487.jpg

Heard lots of praise about this…not preparing for disappointment! But eww...those cucumbers.

Chocolate Baklava: Rolled Phyllo Dough with Toasted Almonds and Dark Chocolate Sauce
2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Morocco-Chocolate-Baklava-1-672x600.jpg

Baklava is soo delicious. If we don’t stop by Tangierine Café for a QS meal, this will definitely suffice.

New Zealand
Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted Breadcrumbs
Gratinated-Green-Lip-Mussels-with-Garlic-and-Herbs-600x581.jpg

I’m the shellfish fan in the fam. Another one of those items I don’t get often and would like to try here.

Scotland
Traditional Scottish Lamb Stew with Neeps and Tatties
Traditional-Scottish-Lamb-Stew-with-Neeps-and-Tatties_Scotland-700x497.jpg

Looks unassuming enough…but what the heck are neeps and tatties?
*Googles it*
*Lets out bloodcurdling scream at picture of Haggis*
Why is this still on my list again?

Fresh Potato Pancake with Scottish Smoked Salmon and Herbed Sour Cream
potato-pancake-scotland-468x625.jpg

FAVE ALERT!

Spain
Traditional Spanish Paella with Shrimp, Mussels, Chicken and Crispy Chorizo

Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Bay Scallops and Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Paprika

Charcuterie in a Cone with a selection of imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses, Olives and an Herb Vinaigrette
Spain-Charcuterie-in-a-Cone-2017-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Media-Preview-6-467x600.jpg

Basically everything we love dumped into a cone.

Wine and Dine
Pulled Duck Confit with Cannellini Bean Ragoût and Zinfandel Reduction

Seared Scallops, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussel Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms
Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-2016-The-Wine-and-Dine-Studio-Seared-Scallop-Truffled-Celery-Root-Purée-Brussels-Sprouts-and-Wild-Mushrooms-2-700x493.jpg

More scallops...now that I think about it, lots of seafood on this list.

And there you have it. Our initial picks for the 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival! Bring on the food, bring on the fun!

*Flynnderella*

Oh my that food looks so good!!! If they have the Lobster & Popcorn Thai soup at Tiffins, get it!!! You will not regret! I must have posted a post similar to this on about 5 threads since I got back but seriously...it's amazing!
Plans look great & I look forward to the rest
:)

belledream

Original Poster
You are going to be eating so well!
Food is like 50% of the attraction for us whilst at WDW! You might be more likely to find us eating instead of being in line for FOP! :p

Omigosh!! I shouldn't have read this when I forgot my afternoon snack today!! SOOOO hungry now!
Wahhaha sorry! :(

Oh my that food looks so good!!! If they have the Lobster & Popcorn Thai soup at Tiffins, get it!!! You will not regret! I must have posted a post similar to this on about 5 threads since I got back but seriously...it's amazing!
Plans look great & I look forward to the rest
:)
The soup intrigued me too! I love soups but I'm leaning towards the octopus over it...because it photographs better. Shallow, dumb reasons haha! :confused:

Wow, a lot of that food looks so good! You are making me hungry.
Seems like there is no good time to post. We just all need to pack up and go! :D

belledream

Original Poster
It's really a 'just keep swimming' type of week...but Disney comes to save the day - as always!
IMG_4475.JPG

Tomorrow is our one-month-to-go mark...and it's all taking a while to sink in...but we're going. And with that, here is my I'M EXCITED! roundup, this time with pictures that are actually mine, and authentically unprofessional.

I'M EXCITED...

To see Pandora. To see Rivers of Light. To get lost in the stories of the Tree of Life Awakening.
459.JPG

To ride the heck out of Tower of Terror.
054.JPG

To finally know what the Happily Ever After fireworks soundtrack sounds like. (And to see the fireworks themselves of course.)
376.JPG

To share Food & Wine dishes from the moment World Showcase opens, to the moment it closes.
056.JPG

To ride Crush 'n' Gusher tandem. Because it's better together.
P1020186.JPG

To absorb this beautiful view, with some hyped-up food. Seriously, better be good.
P1020334.JPG

To catch every sunset, no matter where in the World we are.
413.JPG

To do something else in Dinoland besides this. YES, DINOSAUR WILL BE OPEN THIS YEAR. I've missed you so much!!!
112.JPG

Breathing the morning air as we set off on another day's adventure together every day.
009.JPG

Forgive me for a minute, but I have to get this off my chest.

I have been questioning so many things lately, including going to Disney this year. Life has thrown us some curveballs. It has told me it doesn't care about how much I believe in my dream...some things just don't work out. It's been hard for me to accept that. There have been many breakdowns, and a big part of me (bigger than I would like to admit) wants to shut it all down, keep to myself, and not let us have any of this and just focus on what needs to be done moving forward. But then I think about J. He works so hard day in and day out at his job (actual job...and supporting me emotionally) and he's so excited about the big things like Pandora, and all the little things (today's text reads "I always like seeing the Disney quick service cups. I dunno it's just super familiar"). On top of that, he's looking towards the future with the attitude that I need to absorb from him. I just do.

I don't want to go into this trip feeling the need to be 'healed' from my pain...or dreading coming home because of what might await us in the real world. It's just another chapter of Our Adventure Book. Let's make it a good one.

If you got this far, thanks for hearing me out. As I once said, my brother calls this forum my 'Disney Support Group'...but I understand this may be more than you bargained for. :)

12in12

Disney Support Group, I like it plus it is true. I am sorry real life is tough right now for you. Feel free to share when you want, I am happy to be part of the support group.

belledream

Original Poster
Disney Support Group, I like it plus it is true. I am sorry real life is tough right now for you. Feel free to share when you want, I am happy to be part of the support group.
Thanks for your support! I'm a planner (as evident from how I do Disney). So I'm going to try to take things day-by-day, and make today a good day. There will be bad days, and that's ok too. I just really needed to write this out yesterday for myself. I think it helped. :)

In exactly a month, we will be eating lunch at Flame Tree BBQ! :D

Zipadeelady

It's really a 'just keep swimming' type of week...but Disney comes to save the day - as always!
View attachment 220154

I have been questioning so many things lately, including going to Disney this year. Life has thrown us some curveballs. It has told me it doesn't care about how much I believe in my dream...some things just don't work out. It's been hard for me to accept that. There have been many breakdowns, and a big part of me (bigger than I would like to admit) wants to shut it all down, keep to myself, and not let us have any of this and just focus on what needs to be done moving forward. But then I think about J. He works so hard day in and day out at his job (actual job...and supporting me emotionally) and he's so excited about the big things like Pandora, and all the little things (today's text reads "I always like seeing the Disney quick service cups. I dunno it's just super familiar"). On top of that, he's looking towards the future with the attitude that I need to absorb from him. I just do.

If you got this far, thanks for hearing me out. As I once said, my brother calls this forum my 'Disney Support Group'...but I understand this may be more than you bargained for. :)
You made me think so much of my daughter and her upcoming dreams and expectations as shes starting her senior year and wanting a profession that not many make it in and my fears if they don't happen for her. She, like you, would be crushed if they don't happen and the mother in me knows that her dreams may be hard to come by and that scares me. So I hope all the best for you and that it all works out and if your dream doesn't come true then I pray you can find something that will make you happy. I'm wishing you a great trip, many magical moments.....and tasty food! :hungry:

belledream

Original Poster
You made me think so much of my daughter and her upcoming dreams and expectations as shes starting her senior year and wanting a profession that not many make it in and my fears if they don't happen for her. She, like you, would be crushed if they don't happen and the mother in me knows that her dreams may be hard to come by and that scares me. So I hope all the best for you and that it all works out and if your dream doesn't come true then I pray you can find something that will make you happy. I'm wishing you a great trip, many magical moments.....and tasty food! :hungry:
Things worth having don't always come easy...so we'll just have to work a little harder and be a little stronger. I know it will happen for us, and when it does, it will all be worth it. Best wishes to your daughter in her endeavors! :)

deanna88

35 Food & Wine booths this year – holy moly! Talk about gettin’ reacquainted. Been waiting (im)patiently for the menus to come out so we could dive headfirst into planning again, and it did not disappoint. We have 32 snack credits to play with, but our initial list has come out to a total of…45. Yeah, that’s probably going to be cut down a bit. A few of them are repeats faves, which, is how we try-not-to-roll…

…But sometimes we can’t help it.

Behold, the list…with pictures! (So many that this will be a 2-part installation.)

Active Eats
Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions
2015-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Farm-Fresh-Loaded-mac-nGÇÖ-cheese-with-NueskeGÇÖs-pepper-bacon-cheddar-cheese-peppers-and-green-onions-467x600.jpg

*SO GOOD*

Roasted Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri
salmon-2-600x412.jpg

Probably would be a good idea to have a 'healthier' dish thrown in there.

The Almond Orchard
Banana Almond Sundae layered with Fresh Berries and topped with Dark Chocolate and Blueberry Almonds
The-Almond-Orchard_Banana-Almond-Soft-Serve-Sundae_2017-Tables-in-Wonderland-Food-and-Wine-Preview_17-01-450x600.jpg

One of those things that looks pretty and premium, but we may just skip it for a traditional World Showcase dessert.

Australia

Grilled Lamb T-Bone with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies
2015-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Australia-Booth-Grilled-Lamb-Chop-with-Mint-Pesto-and-Potato-Crunchies-2-700x269.jpg

J wants to repeat this. It was good, but I’m most focused on new things.

Canada
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup served with a Pretzel Roll
2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Canada-Canadian-cheddar-cheese-soup-served-with-a-pretzel-roll-645x600.jpg

But you can’t pass this one up. And it comes with a little pretzel bread! We didn’t get that last time.

“Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce
2015-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Canada-Booth-Le-Cellier-wild-mushroom-beef-filet-mignon-with-truffle-butter-sauce-609x600.jpg

Basically a F&W staple and if you don't get it, were you really there?

The Cheese Studio
Braised Beef “Stroganoff” with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom, and Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce

Cheese Trio: Profiterole topped with Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese and Orange Apricot Jam, Smoked Salmon Pinwheel with Boursin Shallot and Chive Cheese and Everything Seasoning and Strawberry Macaroon with Boursin Pepper Cheese
The-Cheese-Studio-Cheese-Trio-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-2017-Media-Preview-6-700x413.jpg

Not sure I actually want to eat really creamy cheese on a 95 degree day, but we’ll see.

China
Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce
2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-China-Beijing-Roasted-Duck-in-a-Steamed-Bun-with-Hoisin-Sauce-700x525.jpg

The real stuff is delectable. Hoping that this one is somewhat up to par.

Chocolate Studio
Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte with Whipped Cream and Raspberry Dust
Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-2016-The-Chocolate-Studio-Ghirardelli-Chocolate-Raspberry-Torte-2-678x600.jpg

This is the first thing that made me gasp when I saw it. I’m a sucker for raspberry/chocolate things and OMG I-MUST-HAVE-IT.
Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-2016-The-Chocolate-Studio-Ghirardelli-Chocolate-Raspberry-Torte-cross-section-700x415.jpg

Literally drooling right now.

Coastal Eats
Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado Lemongrass Cream
Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough Baguette
Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn and Butterbean Succotash and Chili-Chipotle Butter Sauce
Coastal-Eats-Seared-Scallops-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-2017-Media-preview-6-700x455.jpg

Want pretty much everything on the menu, but especially the scallops. I rarely order scallops at restaurants for fear that it won’t be filling enough. But this day of gluttony will be my chance!

Craft Beers
Chilled Scotch Egg wrapped in Sausage with Mustard Sauce

Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich

(J's manly picks. We will probably be the only people at the Craft Beers booth not ordering beer.)

Earth Eats
Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots, and Feta Cheese
Peanut-Butter-and-White-Chocolate-Mousse-with-a-Caramel-Drizzle-Grilled-Beef-Skewer-with-Romaine-Apricots-and-Feta-Cheese-526x600.jpg

This is beautiful. Will devour.

Farm Fresh
Crispy Chicken with Griddled Cornbread and Red Eye Gravy

Roasted Beet Salad with Green Beans, Feta Cheese, Minus 8 Vinaigrette and Toasted Walnuts
Pickled-Beets-Salad-600x376.jpg

Beets and I are having a moment and I’m not even sure why. I found them kinda at first, but they’re so pretty it’s actually grown on me.

Flavors From Fire
Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso Romano and America Grana Cheeses
Flavors-from-Fire-Smoked-Corned-Beef-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Media-Preview-2017-1-700x593.jpg

Sweet Pancake with Spicy Chipotle Chicken Sausage, Onion Jam and Maple Butter Syrup

Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Raspberry Dust

Thus ends PART I...

...PART II coming right up!
The mac and cheese is on the top of my list too!

belledream

Original Poster
A little more magic came in the mail over the weekend...
IMG_4536.JPG

I didn't know which characters to expect on our luggage tags, and I am definitely one to appreciate the matchy-matchy! This year, the theme of our names are our pet names for each other...Sweetie (me) and Hunny (him). Yes, I grew up thinking honey was spelled Hunny. Thanks Winnie the Pooh!

Another thing of note...as perusing menus on Disney's site is something I do on a daily basis, I was looking up Chefs de France and admiring the many dishes that I would like to get, but when I googled "Assiette de Sorbets du Jour", I actually gasped and dropped our Tokyo Dining reservation (AGAIN) right then and there.
Sorbet-with-Madeleine-Chefs-de-France-600x422.jpg

Daily assortment of fresh Sorbets with a Madeleine

It was just so beautiful I couldn't pass on the idea of missing it even though sorbet in general to me is not particularly noteworthy.
Combining this with a menu item I have always admired, Canard aux cerises (Duck Breast with Cherries), I prepared myself to convince J that this would be a worthy replacement for Tokyo Dining. He didn't need any persuasion, however.

He was sold at the Grilled flat iron steak and them fries.
Steak-Frites_Chefs-de-France_16-01.jpg

He was also drawn to the Swan cream puff (which I am totally supporting), so we're pretty thrilled about this change. We've only been to Chefs once before, and it was GREAT. I forgot my camera that day and I ended up only snapping a few pictures of food, and not the restaurant itself, so it will be like a new experience in that regard! I also just couldn't see myself getting as exciting over Green Tea Cheesecake as much as I could on these French desserts. They're just works for art.

That's the only change to report for now! I've been keeping an eye on menu changes, especially at Tiffins and Brown Derby, and so far, it's only been for the better. I've already busted out the suitcases...I'm ready to get this show on the road! Tomorrow...we cross into...the teen-countdown-zone. Muahaha!

maelstrom98

I am SO excited for your trip report. They are always my favorite ones to read!

Side note: Canard aux cerises is one of my favorite entrees I've ever had on property :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom