Pre-Trip It's the time of your life!

You don't want to stop...it's your chance, live it up!

Remember that song? I have not had access to iTunes in oh, about 10 years...so all those Disney hits are still playing on my ancient little iPod to this day. Anyways, was listening to this song this morning, and felt some true Disney inspiration! Lines like "Cause you get the chance and you take it, Make it the best you can make it, Why should you hold back?" really spoke to me.

This pre-trip report comes a little on the later side than usual. I think it's partly because we weren't 100% sure we were going to Disney this year, coupled with the fact that when it was confirmed, it kind of felt...disappointing. It's been a humbling year for us, as we set our hearts on growing our family, but that time hasn't come for us yet. It's been hard to not associate those feelings with Disney itself, for it was my childhood, it was and is our love story, and it holds dearly many of our hopes and dreams for the future. We had so many grand visions of sharing this magical place with little ones, that it feels almost bittersweet to be going back, just the two of us. Yet here we are, and "Celebrate You" gave me life today. I have so much to celebrate in my person, and that is my loving, down-for-anything, kinda dorky, amusing husband, J. This is a time in our lives that we may one day miss, but we sure aren't going to miss out on anything now!

The Cast
Us, and our baby Pook-a-looz, Goofy & Pluto.
GP.png

Who said my name?

The Plan
September is our jam. Staying from the 2nd to the 10th at All Star Music. Usually, I like to switch the resorts up, but something about All Star Music really captured our hearts last year. I think it was Broadway. Those streets at night...*love*.

So that's a grand total of 9 days in the World, and we are planning for 7 park days, 1 nonpark day, and 1 water park day. There's a lot to look forward to:
DDQ6QNFWsAATz9i.jpg:large

MK: Happily Ever After (haven't even listened to the soundtrack yet, gosh I'm excited)
EP: Food & Wine Festival (it's been 2 years since our last)
HS: Star Wars Galactic Spectacular (we saw a dumbed-down, rain-version last year)
AK: Pandora and Rivers of Light (AK nights are about to get even more 'lit' as the kids say)

Dining will be covered ad nauseam, because eating is kind of a passion of ours.

FP+ is coming up and I'm already apprehensive.

Anyways, all of that will be coming in the next installments. If you stuck around til now, thanks for reading, and hope you will follow our next grand adventure. I'll end with a quote from the man himself:

“I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter. With the laugh comes the tears and in developing motion pictures or television shows, you must combine all the facts of life — drama, pathos and humor.”
―Walt Disney
63e9b7e9707a8671564dfac4a304c21a.jpg

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

belledream

Original Poster
I am SO excited for your trip report. They are always my favorite ones to read!

Side note: Canard aux cerises is one of my favorite entrees I've ever had on property :)
Thank you! They are tons of fun to write - so I'm glad to hear the other side is well-received as well!

SO GLAD to hear about the duck. Duck is one of my favorite things to eat (sorry Donald!) and I'm salivating at the thought of Chefs de France again!

Thanks for reading!

belledream

Original Poster
We're at 8 DAYS! I can't believe it. Time is actually flying by and I am the least prepared I have ever been. Usually, I've already packed and unpacked my suitcase a few times already, caught between wanting to be prepared and not wanting our clothes to wrinkle. Instead, I find myself browsing the Disney Store looking at this year's Christmas ornaments and making my picks...

Definitely Mickey & Minnie Hawaiian Holiday - that was us this year. It's like they know!

I also kinda like this Duchess & Thomas O'Malley one because this scene is so iconic...but not sure my baby Pluto will like that. He hates cats.

Pascal is too cute. J loves Pascal and I love the Tangled lanterns...so this is a real contender.

But Cri-Kee really stole my heart. And I just love how reminiscent of the movie this is. He will match my Mulan ornament well.

So that's how I've been wasting my time away...in fact, you will probably find me wandering around a Disney Store tomorrow.

This is a pretty useless ramble of a post, but I'm just a girl trying to stay sane somehow. What I really need is for actual Food & Wine menus to come out with prices so I can start to organize which to use my snack credits on. Let's just say August 31st is going to be a crazy day for me.

C'mon next week! Let's get this show on the road. One can only check on their Be Our Guest preorder so many times!

joshsprincess921

We're at 8 DAYS! I can't believe it. Time is actually flying by and I am the least prepared I have ever been. Usually, I've already packed and unpacked my suitcase a few times already, caught between wanting to be prepared and not wanting our clothes to wrinkle. Instead, I find myself browsing the Disney Store looking at this year's Christmas ornaments and making my picks...

Definitely Mickey & Minnie Hawaiian Holiday - that was us this year. It's like they know!

I also kinda like this Duchess & Thomas O'Malley one because this scene is so iconic...but not sure my baby Pluto will like that. He hates cats.

Pascal is too cute. J loves Pascal and I love the Tangled lanterns...so this is a real contender.

But Cri-Kee really stole my heart. And I just love how reminiscent of the movie this is. He will match my Mulan ornament well.

So that's how I've been wasting my time away...in fact, you will probably find me wandering around a Disney Store tomorrow.

This is a pretty useless ramble of a post, but I'm just a girl trying to stay sane somehow. What I really need is for actual Food & Wine menus to come out with prices so I can start to organize which to use my snack credits on. Let's just say August 31st is going to be a crazy day for me.

C'mon next week! Let's get this show on the road. One can only check on their Be Our Guest preorder so many times!

I was looking at the ornaments yesterday and the Pascal one is on my list, too!

belledream

Original Poster
Tomorrow is the day! It's been almost exactly one year since we embarked on a journey similar to this...but we do so this year with a renewed perspective on love, life, and letting go. We will discover our new dreams, make new memories, and celebrate each other more than ever before.
IMG_4619.JPG

See ya real soon, Disney!

belledream

Original Poster
We are back! A day early, but safe and sound nonetheless, and filled with memories and experiences we will always cherish. (Seriously, got two hours of sleep one night.)

Hoping to start the Trip Report sometime this week. Stay safe and stay tuned!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom