Its a Small World rehab?

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by General Grizz
Rumor has it that IASW will turn into IASW: Under New Management - Chuckie's Revenge.

Oh NO!!! Not another nostalgic attraction under new management!!! :lol:

Can you just imagine that? Just the thought of it makes me crazy...

And I do agree with everyone else, this is a much needed rehab for IASW, and I can't wait to visit it when it is complete.

disneyman23

yeah from the worlds fair.

as for what i have heard they are planning a relatively major renovation of small world---hopefully if nothing else they clean up some of the cobwebs that litter the corners of ceiling.

and like many others i really wish they could figure out some better way to do the stroller situation out side small world and pan, during the middle of the day you can barely walk through there because there are so many people and so many strollers cramming that area up. some sort of better system needs to be devised

Bill

Account Suspended
Personally, I think that whole area of the park needs to be redone. It's always been crowded. The stroller park and wider pathway I guess would work though.

disneyman23

yeah things are tight in there but there isnt much that can be done overall, the only thing that really could be worked on is the stroller area

ToTBellHop

Fantasyland would be tight regardless of what they did...if you put that many screaming kids and ticked off parents in any area at the same time, it's a nightmare. Try Adventureland/New Orleans Square at Disneyland..right near Pirates...nightmare

LudwigVonDrake

IASW seems awfully dim these days. Better lighting would improve the ride as would new boats and a better audio system. We better be careful what we wish for with the audio. It'll be that much easier to hear that song :D

disneyman23

yeah i wouldnt mind if they just turned the music down a bit.:lol:
and they should be improving lighting and putting in new boats, at least thats what they are saying

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
disneyman23 - the ceiling should get rather a big spring clean - in`t it being partially / fully replaced??

Bill - as reported elsewhere on the boards, there are rumours the old skyway station area will be used as a stroller park, which will involve swapping IASW`s entrance / exit. Please everyone - note `RUMOUR`!

New boats, audio, lighting, structural repairs (thats one BIG ceiling to have not been touched in 33 years), tech tweaks (AA`s anyone?) and possibly a new scene are the order of the day...

IMHO, to see how IASW can be done (and indeed Fantasyland) go see the DLP version - it`s like they corrected 2 parks worth of mistakes and went down the DLC/WDW wish list, ticking as they went!

pppapazo

Originally posted by marni1971
IMHO, to see how IASW can be done (and indeed Fantasyland) go see the DLP version - it`s like they corrected 2 parks worth of mistakes and went down the DLC/WDW wish list, ticking as they went!

Tell me about it. I love IASW at DL but hate it at WDW (haven't yet had the joy of going to DLP). The reason? The facade. The one at DL just beckons you to the back of the park and is so lovely to look at that it justs lifts my spirits, sparks my anticipation, and I enjoy every second of the ride. At WDW, you just walk down some ramps inside what looks like a big warehouse. whee. Once the ride starts, it takes me a while to get excited about it.

It's the same reason I like ITTBAB better at AK than at DCA.

Peter

Dayma

the ceiling should get rather a big spring clean - in`t it being partially / fully replaced??

There are just too many walls and ceilings with no theme to them that stand out to me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by blackride
There are just too many walls and ceilings with no theme to them that stand out to me.

Thats the beauty of DLP IASW - it goes back to the original DL / NYWF (I believe - never been to Anaheim :( ) idea of having no walls between the sets - WDW is plit into seven rooms, and they look like rooms. The open plan idea looks much better (even though most of the time the sets are so big you can`t see past them) And also DLPs Facade is as grand as DLC (The ride layout is the same as Florida, but with the DLC outside load/unload idea with Floridas pond and fountains - again its like a mix of the best
parts of both parks).

Dayma

it goes back to the original DL / NYWF (I believe - never been to Anaheim ) idea of having no walls between the sets

There are lots of walls.......

I think you missed my point. I was just saying that due to the height of the walls if makes some rooms looke barren.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by blackride
There are lots of walls.......

I think you missed my point. I was just saying that due to the height of the walls if makes some rooms looke barren.

I agree with you. The fact there are walls separating the different scenes makes it look barren - you can see them closely, and they are (relativley) well lit too. DLP (& I think DLC) just has the 4 walls of the building - no interior walls or supports, apart from those of the sets.

DarkMeasures

I say the whole building should be raised and rebuilt from scratch on a superbudget....

Infact, every ride at the magic kingdom should go under this ordeal..... except Space Mountain, it's perfect as is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom