Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

WDW1974

Some people are great leaders and visionaries. They build, create, leave a legacy.

And others are dwarves, walking in the wake of their predecessors looking to pick up any pennies they might've dropped like a custodian walking behind a horse waiting to pick up any turd.

The MK is yet again tackier, uglier, sadder, while some middle management midget is running around with his raised fist clutching the few pennies he found, proud of it too.

I want a name. I want to know where this ... this ... cesspool of excrement of an idea came from, so I can shame them here and humiliate them in the real world.

Anyone have that name, favors from me can be quite valuable ... just need some proof and Jingle Bell, I'll Jingle BAM them like they've never gotten it before. I like it rough!

Todd H

$650 tents...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Bandini

Sorry it doesn't effect me, well maybe if i see someone using them i might chuckle to myself, but hey you want to get all worked up over something ridiculous you go right ahead
Have you seen them? If not how do you know whether they will affect you or not? On busy days, Tomorrowland can be a nightmare to negotiate. What if these tents make it even worse?

Seabasealpha1

So what I've heard is that it's a test in the MK, and soon in Epcot. If it's successful, planners have already set aside 1.5 acres in DLR and in DHS's Star Wars areas for more substantial versions of them.

If you're familiar with the term Hooverville, I'm calling these Igervilles. Maybe Igertown or Iger City.

Which, is amazing because...you know...there's only $650 a night rooms that are accessable by a giant concrete monorail beam not that far away... 'Spose they'll whisk these folks to these tents on little electric golf carts too?

jwutony16

You literally could not be more wrong.
Hopefully I am, but what may not be good business to you, does not mean it is not good business for the corporation. Trust me I do not like the idea but Disney's first order of business is to make money, then satisfy the guest. It was not always like that but times have changed.

Goofyernmost

Sorry it doesn't effect me, well maybe if i see someone using them i might chuckle to myself, but hey you want to get all worked up over something ridiculous you go right ahead
It's not always the blatant things that affect us. Sometimes it's the underlying attitude that eventually gets under even the thickest of skins. The idea that Disney would portion off a part of what used to be our, the ticket buying public's, park and make it as class divided a place as it is becoming, is subtle. You cannot immediately behold what it subconsciously does to your extended enjoyment of your fantasy worlds. The place that you saw as a refuge from the one sided world that we live in. A place where a person that is struggling and busting their butts to see now only cares about those with large wallets and you, as a lover of Disney are not even a blip on their radar.

Your conscious self does not necessarily see that when you walk past the $650.00 per day camping tents, but, there will be a spot in your mind that will pick up on how little they care about you, how little they care about the ambiance of MK or any of the other parks, how little they care if you are pushed aside because you have to work hard for your money and only want to be in a fantasy environment where for a moment in time you can be exactly the same as anyone else in the place. That is gone. You won't necessarily miss it right now, but, you will and you might not even know why you are no longer feeling the love and joy you once did. But, it will happen. So to say it doesn't matter to me, is a testament to the fact that we are getting more and more tunnel visioned and cannot see past this very moment. Financially, they will not affect me because even if I could afford to throw away that much money for almost nothing in return, I wouldn't be that ignorant. Emotionally, it has already taken it's toll and the place that I once used as a perfect daydream to get me though some tough times, no longer emotionally exists, affects me beyond the cost of a hiding place within a happy place. To me it marks the end of a great thing and even if they now decide it isn't a good idea, it has already done that damage to my vision of the place. Just the idea that they would think it was worth a try tells me how little they really understand what was once the Disney draw.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom