Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

Sonconato

We were at the MK tonight and noticed these Cabanas over in the empty area to the right of Space Mountain. At first we thought they had something to do with D23, but our curiosity got the best of us, so we had to ask. What we have found out is that these Cabanas are being offered to guests for a place to rest while visiting MK for the day. There are lounge chairs in the space so you can kick back and rest your tired feet. They also will be offering food and drinks for purchase so you can enjoy your rest. You can use it throughout the day but not for the entire day. All this can be yours for $650.00 (which does not include the food, drinks or your Park pass). If all goes well, it will be offered at the other Parks as well.
Cabana 1.jpg
Cabana 2.jpg
Cabana 3.jpg

peter11435

I hate these as much as everyone else for many different reasons. But, it's important to remember that these are currently being used as a test to determine the feasibility and popularity. If they prove successful they will be replaced by themed integrated versions that blend into the park, if it's a failure (which I hope it is) then they will disappear.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I hate these as much as everyone else for many different reasons. But, it's important to remember that these are currently being used as a test to determine the feasibility and popularity. If they prove successful they will be replaced by themed integrated versions that blend into the park, if it's a failure (which I hope it is) then they will disappear.
Just remember that Disney does not know the meaning of temporary.

The Empress Lilly

Some people are great leaders and visionaries. They build, create, leave a legacy.

And others are dwarves, walking in the wake of their predecessors looking to pick up any pennies they might've dropped like a custodian walking behind a horse waiting to pick up any turd.

The MK is yet again tackier, uglier, sadder, while some middle management midget is running around with his raised fist clutching the few pennies he found, proud of it too.

The Empress Lilly

I would find more permanent structures, integrated with the park, an even greater disaster.

At least this refugee camp shows this sorry tacky disgrace for what it is. Integrated cabanas by contrast will first become accepted as just another decline, then eventually embraced by a replacement audience that enjoys this sort of thing, as WDW continues on its path to transform itself from a middle class American experience to a hangout of mobsters, defense contractors, assorted corrupt Third World politicians and business leaders, and the US and UK's monied lower class.

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

I saw some of these on Saturday over by Space Mountain in MK. Very tacky if they are permanent.

My first thought was that it was left over from the Cast Appreciation that happened on Friday.
I hope that these are just a test.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom