Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

Disorbust

Original Poster
Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 5.21.09 AM.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If I had to guess, I would say this is fake. If that picture even was taken in the park it's was probably for some special event.

Disorbust

Original Poster
When I first saw this I was really disguisted but now I am starting to rationalize. If this makes the bean counters happy without taking anything away from the average guest so be it. I rather have them increase their bottom line with some over priced hut off stage then watch a Wedding in the rose garden.

DisneyDebRob

How on the world can this be true? I don't believe it even if Len says it is. In my mind there is no way Disney could do this. I'm there in 4days and will see for myself and please let this be a cruel joke that I fell for.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When I first saw this I was really disguisted but now I am starting to rationalize. If this makes the bean counters happy without taking anything away from the average guest so be it. I rather have them increase their bottom line with some over priced hut off stage then watch a Wedding in the rose garden.

But a tent like that does take away from the average guest, they look really bad.

mm121

if they were really going to do this, i'd hope they'd find ways to incorporate them into buildings/etc so they would be more hidden and less temporary

and seems like alot to pay for something that doesn't have ac, having a cool refuge on a hot summers day would be like the main primary reason to do this

and ideally they would be in a location with a door that locks and is accessed via the magic band so you'd be able to use it has a place to secure belongings

though i would think there would be security flaws in having private non public spaces that are not actively being monitored by live staff, that just seems like asking for trouble for people to mis behave

danlb_2000

Premium Member
if they were really going to do this, i'd hope they'd find ways to incorporate them into buildings/etc so they would be more hidden and less temporary

and seems like alot to pay for something that doesn't have ac, having a cool refuge on a hot summers day would be like the main primary reason to do this

and ideally they would be in a location with a door that locks and is accessed via the magic band so you'd be able to use it has a place to secure belongings

though i would think there would be security flaws in having private non public spaces that are not actively being monitored by live staff, that just seems like asking for trouble for people to mis behave

This might just be a test before they do something more permanent.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It sounds like these are temporary until they build permanent ones whichmaybe will have all the features mentioned above. I just hope they are off stage.

I just think from a Brand management POV this looks like another cash grab.

My biggest problem with cash grabs is that if they work then there is less incentive to implement new things that will benefit all guests.

mm121

It sounds like these are temporary until they build permanent ones whichmaybe will have all the features mentioned above. I just hope they are off stage.

I just think from a Brand management POV this looks like another cash grab.
it ABSOLUTELY is totally a CASH GRAB

it's another attempt of wdw thinking they are creating a luxury experience, but then only doing it half way

would rather see them build attraction capacity to reduce lines

but instead they come up with charging people for a PREMIUM place that isn't really premium to hangout between fast past times

lentesta

Premium Member
This might just be a test before they do something more permanent.

So what I've heard is that it's a test in the MK, and soon in Epcot. If it's successful, planners have already set aside 1.5 acres in DLR and in DHS's Star Wars areas for more substantial versions of them.

If you're familiar with the term Hooverville, I'm calling these Igervilles. Maybe Igertown or Iger City.

The Empress Lilly

If you grew up with the egalitarian, 'everybody a VIP' WDW of its first decades, the modern reality is plain bizarre parody. From in-park timeshare vending booths to ride exits through gift shops to endless upcharge events to entire areas being razed for extra shopping and crowd space.

It doesn't even matter if in-park private cabanas are real or not. Even if not, it would be just a small further parody, in any case destined to be coming within the next few years or so anyway when the next quarter's results need to improve upon the previous one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom