Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

spacemt354

Chili's
That is what is so sad. Because of the way that opinion is expressed on this one, many people have come on excited to learn more about WDW only to be totally petrified by what they have read. Instead of happily looking forward to a visit, (which BTW, can still be a fun experience) they are apprehensive and anxious about the prospect of being disappointed by the way the place has been described as garbage and/or afraid that they will be overwhelmed by imaginary hardships.
Who are these "many people?"

This post sounds like you want to censor people's opinions so they don't negatively impact others. People can't generate their own opinions? They just listen to random people on an internet site?

People can choose what to believe is true and what is not. There's a ton of hyperbole, but there's also a ton of truth. It's up to the individual to decide for themselves. I still don't know who these "many people" are.

note2001

This post sounds like you want to censor people's opinions so they don't negatively impact others. People can't generate their own opinions? They just listen to random people on an internet site?

People can choose what to believe is true and what is not. There's a ton of hyperbole, but there's also a ton of truth. It's up to the individual to decide for themselves. I still don't know who these "many people" are.

I believe they are from the land called "the DISboards"

Goofyernmost

I said nothing about trying to stop that conversation. I was pointing out the negative results for people that otherwise might be able to go into something without some preconceived notion. I am totally aware that people should be able to and need to make their own decisions about things. They even have a right to not feel the same way about Disney as the downers do without being called pixie dusters, rubes or blinded by the light.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out problems that exist, but, by keeping things in perspective and balanced it becomes a lot more credible. Just putting everything down even before it is actually completely finished or sitting at home analyzing new systems without actually fairly testing them out. Is just tediously boring. Talk to me when you have a way to make change happen and not just because some underpaid intern is forced to sift through web sites looking for constructive criticism. Or something that is a huge actual problem and not an anticipated one or one that was looked at with a completely closed mind.

A person that has never been cannot decide what is hyperbole and what is valuable information when they are trying to find out about something that they have never experienced. We tend to lose sight of the fact that not everyone spends endless hours obsessing over the Disney Company. All they want to do is get real factual information, but, without the benefit of experience are not going to be able to do that here.

All I'm saying is yes everyone has a right to express opinions, but, they also have to be aware of who they are affecting the most and that is not Bob Iger. Regardless of what happens he will be quite well off for the rest of his life. He couldn't care less about the armchair CEO's.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Can never get enough of that park. Amazed that Sindbad was being refurbed yet again as it looked brand new when I was last there a couple of years back; the upkeep level is amazing compared to Pirates at MK, and nobody's ever going to complain they're short of things to do because a few rides are closed.

If the Chinese Theater got a quarter of the care, attention and money given to any area of DisneySea, this thread would be an extremely happy one.

Sinbad really is a great attraction. It looked great last time I rode in February 2014. The whole park is a pretty amazing place. OLC must spend a ton keeping those parks in the shape that they are in. I was unimpressed by Tokyo Disneyland Park, but only because of the layout. The attractions in both gates are top notch.

Speaking of Pirates, their version is so much better than the MK version, and only about a minute longer. Just a lot more detail packed in than what we have in Florida. They did a much better job with that shortened version than what we got in Florida. I was surprised it was in English. I was honestly expecting Japanese language coming from the Pirates.

Last edited:

Rodan75

That is what is so sad. Because of the way that opinion is expressed on this one, many people have come on excited to learn more about WDW only to be totally petrified by what they have read. Instead of happily looking forward to a visit, (which BTW, can still be a fun experience) they are apprehensive and anxious about the prospect of being disappointed by the way the place has been described as garbage and/or afraid that they will be overwhelmed by imaginary hardships.

Well said.

jensenrick

Would it matter if you did know them? You wouldn't change your opinion or how you present it, right? Not that you should- this is a discussion board on the internet after all.
I'm just saying - it's one thing to say such people aren't the point, (a totally valid opinion ) and another to pretend they don't exist.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Lucky......

Thanks. I do feel lucky to have made it there twice. Random trips to Japan for work (but took my wife both times). Who knows if that will ever happen again.

TDS is really a great park. TDL did not impress me, though the attractions and upkeep were very good. The layout of the park was really offputting - not very imaginative or immersive. No real scene changes like you have at MK or DL. Just wide open green cement with buildings plopped down. No sidewalks, no curbs, not a lot of foliage to add ambiance - just wide open cement. I didn't care for it.

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_1894.JPG

TDS on the other hand is incredible. Next time I'm there, I will definitely skip TDL and spend my whole day at TDS. TDS is worth the trip in itself.

IMG_1951.JPG
IMG_1959.JPG

DSC01266.JPG

DSC01212.JPG
DSC01311.JPG

The bonus is once you are there, you can discover that Tokyo is one of the coolest cities on the planet, and the Japanese countryside is beautiful. So, all around, worth the trip.

DSC01489.JPG

Didn't mean to hijack this thread with Tokyo pictures... Back to the BAH!

Mike S

Thanks. I do feel lucky to have made it there twice. Random trips to Japan for work (but took my wife both times). Who knows if that will ever happen again.

TDS is really a great park. TDL did not impress me, though the attractions and upkeep were very good. The layout of the park was really offputting - not very imaginative or immersive. No real scene changes like you have at MK or DL. Just wide open green cement with buildings plopped down. No sidewalks, no curbs, not a lot of foliage to add ambiance - just wide open cement. I didn't care for it.

View attachment 81421
View attachment 81422

TDS on the other hand is incredible. Next time I'm there, I will definitely skip TDL and spend my whole day at TDS. TDS is worth the trip in itself.

View attachment 81423 View attachment 81424
View attachment 81427
View attachment 81428 View attachment 81430

The bonus is once you are there, you can discover that Tokyo is one of the coolest cities on the planet, and the Japanese countryside is beautiful. So, all around, worth the trip.

View attachment 81431

Didn't mean to hijack this thread with Tokyo pictures... Back to the BAH!
Thankfully TDL is getting a New Fantasyland so hopefully some of that is addressed. Those pictures really do look off, makes me appreciate what we got a bit more lol. TDS is just beautiful. I really hope beyond hope that I'm able to make it there one day.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Thankfully TDL is getting a New Fantasyland so hopefully some of that is addressed. Those pictures really do look off, makes me appreciate what we got a bit more lol. TDS is just beautiful. I really hope beyond hope that I'm able to make it there one day.

I think you would love it.

Admiral01

Premium Member

They desperately need a new Fantasyland... It was the worst of the lands in terms of immersion.

I look forward to seeing what they do with the relocated IASW. The entrance and load interior were severely lacking. Felt like an open warehouse carnival ride in there.

IMG_1897.JPG

BrerJon

I don't remember such big open areas - certainly Westernland and Critter Country felt completely immersive - maybe it's just the wide lens on those pictures makes the spaces look larger than they are. Or maybe it's because I've only been in crowded times so they were so full of people that I didn't notice - My guess is the wide spaces are needed because of the crowds, which is why Magic Kingdom's new Hub is a clone of Tokyo Disneyland's due to the increased crowds you get nowadays.

I also suspect that a park looks very different without big strollers, ECVs and tour groups filling up the space!

Boy do I want to go back to TDS though. Just seeing that great pic of Fortress Explorations makes me want to go back, such a shame most people here will never get a chance to appreciate how epic it all is.

spacemt354

Chili's
There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out problems that exist, but, by keeping things in perspective and balanced it becomes a lot more credible. Just putting everything down even before it is actually completely finished or sitting at home analyzing new systems without actually fairly testing them out. Is just tediously boring. Talk to me when you have a way to make change happen and not just because some underpaid intern is forced to sift through web sites looking for constructive criticism. Or something that is a huge actual problem and not an anticipated one or one that was looked at with a completely closed mind.

A person that has never been cannot decide what is hyperbole and what is valuable information when they are trying to find out about something that they have never experienced. We tend to lose sight of the fact that not everyone spends endless hours obsessing over the Disney Company. All they want to do is get real factual information, but, without the benefit of experience are not going to be able to do that here.

My problem with your statements is that it paints a broad brush over this entire site, as if no good information comes from it. I don't think that's a fair and justifiable accusation. You and I frequent these threads, but for someone who has never been, wouldn't it be logical to assume they would go to trip planning threads, general wdw knowledge, and not the complex issues that are discussed ad nauseum around these parts? There are many segments of this site that are extremely positive.

I think you're putting more onus on people to be conscious that their opinions could have a negative effect on others. So what, I'm not allowed to state my feelings? Roles could be reversed and everyone could be saying how good WDW is and a first-timer could have an awful time. In that case, would people have to be conscious that their overly positive comments could have a negative impact on first-time travelers? That's why whether it's your first trip or your 100th trip you take everything you read with a grain of salt and form your own decisions whether to go to WDW or not.

Would it matter if you did know them? You wouldn't change your opinion or how you present it, right? Not that you should- this is a discussion board on the internet after all.
I'm just saying - it's one thing to say such people aren't the point, (a totally valid opinion ) and another to pretend they don't exist.

The member in question claimed that "many people" are negatively affected by the criticism on this site towards Disney. Well...who are these people? I don't need to know them personally, but in order for that to be a valid claim, generalizing without evidence doesn't add any more support to the argument.

If there were several accounts of people being negatively affected by Disney criticisms, their problems could be alleviated by viewing more positive sections of the forum, seeking literature on WDW, viewing other WDW based sites, etc. The reason why I ask who these "many people" are is because perhaps they could benefit from this info and make a decision that fits their family rather than base their whole opinion of a resort twice the size of Manhattan off of some disgruntled forum members spouting their displeasure for the resort. I would feel the same way if someone based their trip off of a few positive reviews as well.

To base your opinion as a first-time Disney goer off criticisms in a News and RUMORS thread is just simply irresponsible and I doubt "many people" do this.

Seabasealpha1

My problem with your statements is that it paints a broad brush over this entire site, as if no good information comes from it. I don't think that's a fair and justifiable accusation. You and I frequent these threads, but for someone who has never been, wouldn't it be logical to assume they would go to trip planning threads, general wdw knowledge, and not the complex issues that are discussed ad nauseum around these parts? There are many segments of this site that are extremely positive.

I think you're putting more onus on people to be conscious that their opinions could have a negative effect on others. So what, I'm not allowed to state my feelings? Roles could be reversed and everyone could be saying how good WDW is and a first-timer could have an awful time. In that case, would people have to be conscious that their overly positive comments could have a negative impact on first-time travelers? That's why whether it's your first trip or your 100th trip you take everything you read with a grain of salt and form your own decisions whether to go to WDW or not.

The member in question claimed that "many people" are negatively affected by the criticism on this site towards Disney. Well...who are these people? I don't need to know them personally, but in order for that to be a valid claim, generalizing without evidence doesn't add any more support to the argument.

If there were several accounts of people being negatively affected by Disney criticisms, their problems could be alleviated by viewing more positive sections of the forum, seeking literature on WDW, viewing other WDW based sites, etc. The reason why I ask who these many people are is because perhaps they could benefit from this info and make a decision that fits their family rather than based their whole opinion of a resort twice the size of Manhattan off of some disgruntled forum members spouting their displeasure for the resort. I would feel the same way if someone based their trip off of two positive reviews.

To base your opinion as a first-time Disney goer off criticisms in a News and RUMORS thread is just simply irresponsible and I doubt "many people" do this.

Just to add to your thunder a bit (if you'll forgive me!)...yeah a lot of us gripe...yes we seem like a discontent buncha negative Nancies and pessimists... but I think I speak for a lot of us in saying that there's no place we'd rather be...

He's absolutely right! Don't base what you don't know or plan to find out on deep-woods discussions like this one or some others...there is a lot of positive and insightful culture on this site and in these hallowed forums!

Sorry Spacemt354, loved what you wrote!

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Just to add to your thunder a bit (if you'll forgive me!)...yeah a lot of us gripe...yes we seem like a discontent buncha negative Nancies and pessimists... but I think I speak for a lot of us in saying that there's no place we'd rather be...

He's absolutely right! Don't base what you don't know or plan to find out on deep-woods discussions like this one or some others...there is lots of positive and insightful culture on this site and in these forums!

Sorry Spacemt354, loved what you wrote!
No, you're absolutely right. If you look at the topics covered, we debate things so minor compared to the big picture that a first timer is not going to understand why people are so passionate about these things. And forming an opinion based on people complaining about a bench is hardly how you prepare for your first trip.

Disney is a hobby for a lot of us, and we love it. It's why we're here. Like any hobby, we get emotional about things we like and don't like. It seems as if the more more I visit, the more I analyze and nitpick. But in the end I still have a fantastic time. If I didn't, I wouldn't go back.

Seabasealpha1

No, you're absolutely right. If you look at the topics covered, we debate things so minor compared to the big picture that a first timer is not going to understand why people are so passionate about these things. And forming an opinion based on people complaining about a bench is hardly how you prepare for your first trip.

Disney is a hobby for a lot of us, and we love it. It's why we're here. Like any hobby, we get emotional about things we like and don't like. It seems as if the more more I visit, the more I analyze and nitpick. But in the end I still have a fantastic time. If I didn't, I wouldn't go back.
tumblr_inline_n5kao2Be7X1rxlg8g.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom