Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

Brer Oswald

You read it above, it is old and tired and is time to be replaced........kinda like Peter Pan, MSUSA and that small world thing over in the MK
Yes because Peter Pan and Small World are IPs that nobody cares about. Sarcasm aside, these rides could easily be updated with no effects, but to be replaced completely? No, never going to happen. And if by MSUSA you are referring to Main Street, who on earth wants to see that replaced?! It's untouchable, the moment we lose that is the moment we lose the spirit of Walt Disney.

DManRightHere

Saw this picture on twitter. What is with all of the boxes at the bottom of RnRc?

https://twitter.com/mnbland99/status/782320964386168833

Storage is storage, every bit of square feet being utilized. I actually think that's pretty cool.

Okay, but storage for what?

Kinda seems like a safety issue to me, the track looks low to the ground. It could just be my view in the photo.

The size of the boxes, it just looks like merchandise to me...

Biff215

Kinda seems like a safety issue to me, the track looks low to the ground. It could just be my view in the photo.

The size of the boxes, it just looks like merchandise to me...
I like the comment on Twitter...what's in the boxes? Fingers for Steven Tyler!

Even if it's not a safety issue, it just looks kind of sloppy. Sure this doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, do they really want guests looking at and snapping pics of this?

It's like having people over your house and somebody stumbling upon the room you didn't clean and threw all the junk in. :cool:

Texas84

No... As far as I know it should still be Aerosmith. The website still shows it. It was when I was there.

Was there ANY music? Maybe it was just malfunctioning. Were they in the pre-show?

There was music, but none of it was Aerosmith. This was Friday night Sept. 23 during the pre-race party. They were in the pre-show.

DManRightHere

I like the comment on Twitter...what's in the boxes? Fingers for Steven Tyler!

Even if it's not a safety issue, it just looks kind of sloppy. Sure this doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, do they really want guests looking at and snapping pics of this?

It's like having people over your house and somebody stumbling upon the room you didn't clean and threw all the junk in. :cool:

Yeah, it is ofd. Even some black sheets would fix it.

The_Jobu

Couldn't Disney change the theme of this coaster to match up with the rest of this area? It sticks out like a sore thumb. Live this part of DHS.

I know what you mean. It feels like they got the location right (LA record label office - drive through LA), but the time doesn't jibe (80's Sunset Strip vibe vs '30s Hollywood/LA).

Personally I'm fine with it as is though. I'm not a big Areosmtih fan but it's a fun ride and I enjoy the overall theme for what it is. If they slapped GotG over it, the soundtrack would be great but the theming would really clash.

Brer Oswald

I know what you mean. It feels like they got the location right (LA record label office - drive through LA), but the time doesn't jibe (80's Sunset Strip vibe vs '30s Hollywood/LA).

Personally I'm fine with it as is though. I'm not a big Areosmtih fan but it's a fun ride and I enjoy the overall theme for what it is. If they slapped GotG over it, the soundtrack would be great but the theming would really clash.
Maybe they could make it more Jazz themed to fit the time period/theming better? They probably still wouldn't do that

MayorLionheart

I think people who keep naming possible bands to replace Aerosmith are missing the point... If Disney gets rid of Aerosmith, they are going to retheme the ride to an IP. It is not because Aerosmith is "outdated" or they're mad at Steven Tyler, it would be because they want to put in Disney property into the ride to promote their own brand and stop paying royalties (if they even do already?). There is absolutely no chance Disney would retheme RocknRoller Coaster with another band.

Brer Oswald

I think people who keep naming possible bands to replace Aerosmith are missing the point... If Disney gets rid of Aerosmith, they are going to retheme the ride to an IP. It is not because Aerosmith is "outdated" or they're mad at Steven Tyler, it would be because they want to put in Disney property into the ride to promote their own brand and stop paying royalties (if they even do already?). There is absolutely no chance Disney would retheme RocknRoller Coaster with another band.
Disney could always create a new IP if they were to retheme the attraction. I know they probably won't since the last time they did this was Everest (kind of) but their park exclusive IPs usually seem to be their most successful.

lazyboy97o

Disney could always create a new IP if they were to retheme the attraction. I know they probably won't since the last time they did this was Everest (kind of) but their park exclusive IPs usually seem to be their most successful.
Could Disney? Yes. But the mandate from corporate leadership is franchises, so the chances are pretty much non-existent.

The Empress Lilly

RnRC is set in the time when Aerosmith were popular and Steven Tyler was continent, aka 1930's/40s. :bookworm:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom