Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

Dads 2 Boys

They had a dark period...but I'd say that Permanent Vacation was the album that brought them back and Pump skyrocketed them. Get a Grip leveled them off and Nine Lives started the decline again.

Point is...we're still talking about a band that was formed in the 60s...I'd say that's pretty timeless. Inside Out used it...Steven Tyler was in a Super Bowl commercial (skittles), and their music is so recognizable.

Not too many "timeless" bands out there. Stones, Led Zep, Beatles, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam is getting there as well....maybe U2.

Timeless and you didn't include RUSH.....40+ years.....

Pearl Jam isn't "timeless". Sorry.

RSoxNo1

Whatever happens, it needs to be upbeat, fun, and rock n roll.

Aerosmith are timeless now. I'd say Pearl Jam aren't far off that title because they've made such good consistent music, and survived the grunge era.
I think we'd have less problems trying to come up with a politician everyone likes than coming up with a band that everyone likes.

I'm looking forward to the Barack 'n' Roller Coaster.

Incomudro

Haha, I didn't mean that those were the ONLY timeless bands. Yes, I'd put RUSH in there...
Pearl Jam is getting there...they have a huge catalog and, as far as that "era" goes, they're the most "timeless."

Yes, but aside from timeless - there's the recognition factor.
People worldwide - even those that aren't rock fans - know Aerosmith, or certainly Steven Tyler.
Geddy Lee and Eddie Vedder have virtually zero recognition factor outside of their fans.
(I'm a big Rush fan by the way.)
The only other rock band with any degree of current recognition that I could see a rebrand for would be the Foo Fighter, mostly through the actions of David Grohl.
Still highly unlikely in my opinion.
I say Guardians (again) if they ever do an overlay.

Disney4family

Just had dinner where a former CM was working. She was there for a couple of years - even up to management level. She was offered a full-time position, but declined to complete her degree. Her friends still work there. We were chatting about WDW and she said that the ride will be down for refurb soon for at least a month and a half. There will be a new band featured. Aerosmith is outdated. That's all she knew.

Pam Hates Penguins

It's sickening. It's truly sickening.

The idiots over at Disney are trying too hard with Star Wars and Marvel. They are AFRAID to admit Star Wars and Marvel are completely out of the question, don't belong in their parks. That's why they are attempting so much to create rides and shows and events and land based off the non-Disney franchises and perpetual Star Wars music all the time in place where it doesn't make sense. They've got to keep selling it by shoving it down people's throats. It won't work.

Matt_Black

They are AFRAID to admit Star Wars and Marvel are completely out of the question, don't belong in their parks.

Imagineer and Disney Legend Tony Baxter would disagree with you, at least regarding the former. Star Wars has been a part of Disney Parks for well over three decades now. It is not going away any time soon.

Pam Hates Penguins

Imagineer and Disney Legend Tony Baxter would disagree with you, at least regarding the former. Star Wars has been a part of Disney Parks for well over three decades now. It is not going away any time soon.

One Star Wars ride is okay.

But fast forward to 2016 and you get a 10 month Season of the Force in Tomorrowland, three Star Wars Launch Bay's of nothing to do but look at tiny models of ships, look at costumes, and meet characters where it seems they want to hurt you.(except for Chewbacca) Star Wars fireworks, shops with nothing but Star Wars, Star Wars music being blasted in DHS, Hyperspace Mountain at Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and now coming to Disneyland Paris next year. And if that's not enough, come back in 2020 to see the two Star Wars Lands finished, where one has taken over much of Walt Disney's creation by shortening his ORIGANAL Rivers of America.

And now Marvel's starting to creep into the disaster. Can't wait (sarcasm)

Incomudro

Just had dinner where a former CM was working. She was there for a couple of years - even up to management level. She was offered a full-time position, but declined to complete her degree. Her friends still work there. We were chatting about WDW and she said that the ride will be down for refurb soon for at least a month and a half. There will be a new band featured. Aerosmith is outdated. That's all she knew.

If this is true, I'm having a hard time figuring out a band that would have the recognition brand wise and song wise that is bigger and spans more generations.
Like I said, Foo Fighters come to mind but song wise - they have nothing close to Dream On, or Walk this Way, nor the Love in an Elevator, or Dude side of Aerosmith.
If they Hip Hop this ride I'll never go on it again.

Disney4family

If this is true, I'm having a hard time figuring out a band that would have the recognition brand wise and song wise that is bigger and spans more generations.
Like I said, Foo Fighters come to mind but song wise - they have nothing close to Dream On, or Walk this Way, nor the Love in an Elevator, or Dude side of Aerosmith.
If they Hip Hop this ride I'll never go on it again.
If it goes down soon, I guess it could be true. We couldn't think of another band either.
(On a side - We also asked about another MK parade, but she didn't hear anything from her CM friends who still work there.)

Fox&Hound

Why not ditch the single band focus all together? Why not have a generic record producer in the pre-show and then you get to select your own band/artist during the ride: Bruno Mars, Aerosmith, Beatles, No Doubt, Lady Antebellum, etc. People would love the choice, adds re-rideability, and artists would want their songs featured. Maybe some kind of partnership with Pandora or Spotify could be in the works....

Sundown

I went on this ride for the first time last year. Sorry to say, but I thought the theming for it to be boring and dated. The ride itself was fun, though I don't particularly love fast/rollercoaster type rides.

But the music is old now. The story is old now. Everyone likes to think that the music they particularly like...is "timeless". Sadly though, it isn't. As much as you want it to be. So if Disney want's to continue with the angle that a band stars in the show, they have to change bands.

Or, they can re-theme it. If they want to keep the "rockin" angle, they can create their own rock music and update it whenever they seem fit. I don't think anyone would mind if they recaptured this ride and made it into a pure Disney ride with no outside band involvement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom