Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

msteel

I think people who keep naming possible bands to replace Aerosmith are missing the point... If Disney gets rid of Aerosmith, they are going to retheme the ride to an IP. It is not because Aerosmith is "outdated" or they're mad at Steven Tyler, it would be because they want to put in Disney property into the ride to promote their own brand and stop paying royalties (if they even do already?). There is absolutely no chance Disney would retheme RocknRoller Coaster with another band.

Soooo....Hannah Montana?

Matt_Black

Actually, if they want an IP band, they could throw in F'igrin Dan & The Modal Nodes.

modalnodes.jpg

WDWFREAK53

Ask anyone under 20 who they are and I bet you get a blank face. They were great I the 90's, but timeless they are not.

Great in the 90s?!?!?! Try 70s & 80s. Their "90's" albums were Get a Grip and Nine Lives... They were good in the 90s...great before then.

Timeless band and fitting for the coaster. Update the songs, change out the scenery (maybe add in some projections) and voila...done. :)

elchippo

The more I think about it, if this does have to change, and if they're really bent on getting Guardians of the Galaxy into the park somehow, then this is the easiest/best place to put them. A relatively easy re-theme of the queue, and changing the stuff during the ride is all it would take. Better than Epcot or Tower.

Matt_Black

Great in the 90s?!?!?! Try 70s & 80s. Their "90's" albums were Get a Grip and Nine Lives... They were good in the 90s...great before then.

Timeless band and fitting for the coaster. Update the songs, change out the scenery (maybe add in some projections) and voila...done. :)

The thing is, they were very prominent in the 90s. While arguably the quality wasn't what it once was, this is the era where the went to superstardom.

WDWFREAK53

The thing is, they were very prominent in the 90s. While arguably the quality wasn't what it once was, this is the era where the went to superstardom.

They had a dark period...but I'd say that Permanent Vacation was the album that brought them back and Pump skyrocketed them. Get a Grip leveled them off and Nine Lives started the decline again.

Point is...we're still talking about a band that was formed in the 60s...I'd say that's pretty timeless. Inside Out used it...Steven Tyler was in a Super Bowl commercial (skittles), and their music is so recognizable.

Not too many "timeless" bands out there. Stones, Led Zep, Beatles, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam is getting there as well....maybe U2.

Incomudro

They had a dark period...but I'd say that Permanent Vacation was the album that brought them back and Pump skyrocketed them. Get a Grip leveled them off and Nine Lives started the decline again.

Point is...we're still talking about a band that was formed in the 60s...I'd say that's pretty timeless. Inside Out used it...Steven Tyler was in a Super Bowl commercial (skittles), and their music is so recognizable.

Not too many "timeless" bands out there. Stones, Led Zep, Beatles, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam is getting there as well....maybe U2.

Aerosmith is timeless, and they are recognized worldwide.
They are on tour right now, and Steven Tyler had quite a successful country album this summer.
He was everywhere.
If this ride got a makeover, it would have to be GotG.
No jazz, no other band.
This ride is meant to be exciting, if it's not Rock and Roll - it's got to blast off some other way.
I'd love for it to stay Aerosmith, but when the inevitable happens I can definitely imagine a GotG cue and video intro, leading to a launch in the coaster while some Guardians classic tune plays through the speakers.

tl77

I think people who keep naming possible bands to replace Aerosmith are missing the point... If Disney gets rid of Aerosmith, they are going to retheme the ride to an IP. It is not because Aerosmith is "outdated" or they're mad at Steven Tyler, it would be because they want to put in Disney property into the ride to promote their own brand and stop paying royalties (if they even do already?). There is absolutely no chance Disney would retheme RocknRoller Coaster with another band.
I don't know sir... I think your rational opinions based on logical facts might scare folks 'round these parts... you should just stick to cynicism and sarcasm

Florida_is_hot

There is nothing outdated about Aerosmith.
There is almost nothing few Country songs that has come out in this Century that I like.

Pop, Hip Hop I rather poke my ears out.
Oh lets do Drake !!! If the guy was not from Toronto I have no clue who he is.

It is a fast roller coaster you need Rock and you need Classic hard rock to fit the theme and speed of the attraction.

Country too slow.
Pop, Hip Hop the same and annoys many people over 30

You can gut the building and use it for something else, maybe lose the music idea altogether and go with Star Wars which is generation proof.
The cars you board, are fighters in the ride you fight the empire and maybe finish with the Death Star.

I do not understand people you go to a place that is a dream of somebody that has been dead for 50 years. You say how much you love classic Disney movies maybe 75 years but the idea of listening to music that was made 20 years ago is a bad thing.

Last edited:

Nastory4

There is nothing outdated about Aerosmith.
There is almost nothing few Country songs that has come out in this Century that I like.

Pop, Hip Hop I rather poke my ears out.
Oh lets do Drake !!! If the guy was not from Toronto I have no clue who he is.

It is a fast roller coaster you need Rock and you need Classic hard rock to fit the theme and speed of the attraction.

Country too slow.
Pop, Hip Hop the same and annoys many people over 30

You can gut the building and use it for something else, maybe lose the music idea altogether and go with Star Wars which is generation proof.
The cars you board, are fighters in the ride you fight the empire and maybe finish with the Death Star.

I do not understand people you go to a place that is a dream of somebody that has been dead for 50 years. You say how much you love classic Disney movies maybe 75 years but the idea of listening to music that was made 20 years ago is a bad thing.
Bravo

lazyboy97o

Well, I was just there yesterday and there was new Aerosmith (not just generic R&RC) branded merchandise since my last visit in August, so I have hope that they wont be re-theming anytime soon
That's only proof of new merchandise. Nothing more and nothing less. The decision to change the attraction would come from somewhere else.

Bocabear

aside from the fact that if they decided to change the attraction it would take years to implement an overlay....and in the meantime they still have a gift shop to stock...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom