Inside Out at Epcot

Cmdr_Crimson

Just about anything fits at HS due to it's general theme allowing a hodgepodge of concepts to all "work".

That said, having seen Inside Out, it would work extremely well at EPCOT, especially if they used it to revitalize the Wonders of Life pavilion.

Side note of trivia...the director (Pete Doctor) was an animator for Cranium Command.

I believe he worked on part of the preshow, and he's even seen in the attraction.

Check out around 5:10, look to the left. He's in the show.

I've been posting this on a few posts of my idea on how it would look...
Inside%20out%20concept%20idea_zpslmuytrkp.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

Nice!!! All we need is someone to make it look more like Headquarters from the movie (it was just one big screen, not one for each eye) and four more AA's for each emotion. Bonus points if an AA can be made to shoot fire from its head ;)

They would probably go the cheapest way out by using one AA and the other four emotions utilizing both upper an lower screens...Because everyone wants it in cranium command that's what it would look like...

e2b1

As a CAI (Certified Armchair Imagineer) I am beyond happy that 'Inside Out' is making a crap-ton of money as it could be the saving grace of a couple 'dead areas' in Epcot.

I immediately thought of 'Cranium Command' the lost classic at the shuttered Wonders of Life pavilion when I first heard about Inside Out & would love to see that attraction reopened & centered around the emotions of IO.

The Imagination Pavillon had been rumored for some changes for a good bit. Hello Bing Bong! Just please keep Figment around Disney. Bing Bong & Figment can host together. Heck, make a Figment & Bing Bong cartoon for Disney Junior & just have it! :)

I would either move an Inside Out Cranium Command reboot into the Captian EO theater & redo Journey Into Imagination as 'Journey Into Imagination Land with Figment & Bing Bong". In my dream world they would reopen the Wonders Of Life pavilion centered around Inside Out & health and connect it to an updated Imagination via a 'Train of Thought' people mover, but I know I'm dreaming. How cool would it be travel via People Mover from one side of Epcot to other?!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Everybody has there own taste I guess, but I just come back from seeing it and it was something I never watch again or recommend. Even over heard a kid saying on the way out it can be better, not going to say much else because I know no matter what I say people will still watch it. There is no way this film will knock Jurassic World out of first place.

Inside Out is performing well ahead of expectations. It was predicted to do between $65 and $70 million this weekend, and it's actually in the $80 to $82 million range. Disney and Pixar should be quite pleased with this.

No, it's not going to outperform Jurassic World this weekend, but it was never expected to. Jurassic World has become quite the juggernaut and is going to make over $100 million this weekend.

You have no idea how the film industry operates if you think anyone expected Inside Out to top Jurassic World this weekend.

Edited to add some more numbers:

It's now trending in the $90 million range.

Inside Out will be the second best opening weekend for any Pixar film, behind only Toy Story 3. It'll be Pixar's best opening weekend for a non-sequel, beating The Incredibles opening weekend.

The only "bad" news is that because it won't open in the number 1 slot this weekend, it will be the first Pixar film to not do so, despite having a great weekend.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

As a CAI (Certified Armchair Imagineer) I am beyond happy that 'Inside Out' is making a crap-ton of money as it could be the saving grace of a couple 'dead areas' in Epcot.

I immediately thought of 'Cranium Command' the lost classic at the shuttered Wonders of Life pavilion when I first heard about Inside Out & would love to see that attraction reopened & centered around the emotions of IO.

The Imagination Pavillon had been rumored for some changes for a good bit. Hello Bing Bong! Just please keep Figment around Disney. Bing Bong & Figment can host together. Heck, make a Figment & Bing Bong cartoon for Disney Junior & just have it! :)

I would either move an Inside Out Cranium Command reboot into the Captian EO theater & redo Journey Into Imagination as 'Journey Into Imagination Land with Figment & Bing Bong". In my dream world they would reopen the Wonders Of Life pavilion centered around Inside Out & health and connect it to an updated Imagination via a 'Train of Thought' people mover, but I know I'm dreaming. How cool would it be travel via People Mover from one side of Epcot to other?!
No, Bing Bong can stay in the death pit. Figment and Dreamfinder for life.

GrumpyFan

This movie had so much material that could be made into a great theme park attraction. I would love to see the Wonders of Life Pavilion revitalized and brought back to life (no pun intended)!

I love the director's idea of a stream of consciousness train ride. But, just dreaming out of the box, I think it would be fun to explore life or a day as the different emotions, kind of like the experience with Cranium Command. Using the ride simulators that were formerly used by Body Wars and rumored to still be there, they could create multiple scenarios where you play the part of a randomly selected emotion interacting with the other emotions and Riley. Add to it the ability for riders to select from a range of options when experiencing the events. So, you would board the simulator, and when it started you would find out which emotion you were. Then a scenario would arise where you choose from a list of options how to react, in turn the scenario would play out based on everyone's choice. That's just one idea, but there are many, many other thoughts (in my mind) of various scenes that could be recreated in a variety of attractions.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Iger and the Board of a Directors are in WDW at BW. With Inside Out being the next big hit, any chance EPCOT getting some love? And using one of the empty pallivions - not taking away a ride that's currently working just fine. This could be an educational attraction and still trying to stay with the EPCOT vision somewhat.

GrumpyFan

This interesting tidbit came across my news feed last night.

How a Defunct Disney World Attraction Inspired Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’

But Inside Out isn’t the first Disney project to tackle this concept and Docter himself knows this. Several decades ago, the Inside Out director worked on the defunct Walt Disney World attraction Cranium Command, which tackles a very similar concept with very different results.

But Cranium Command could have the last laugh. After all, Inside Out opened to $91 million, the biggest opening weekend for a non-sequel ever and Disney is always on the hunt for popular movies and characters to showcase in its parks. There have surely already been talks of an Inside Out attraction. The Cranium Command show space could easily be transformed into the Headquarters of Inside Out. There’s something wonderful about that on a conceptual level. What if the brain-centric attraction where Pete Docter got his start could become an attraction based on the brain-centric movie he directed 25 years later? That question has no actual grounding in reality, but it would be kind of perfect. Cranium Command eventually evolved into Inside Out, so perhaps it’s time to return the favor.

http://screencrush.com/cranium-command-inside-out/

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom