Inside Out at Epcot

Mike S

producer Jonas Rivera says that soon after pitching the film they were on the phone with Imagineering about Epcot. In another interview, they mentioned a deleted concept "The Stream of Consciousness" being ideal for a theme park.

Discuss!
Link?

Florida_is_hot

Everybody has there own taste I guess, but I just come back from seeing it and it was something I never watch again or recommend. Even over heard a kid saying on the way out it can be better, not going to say much else because I know no matter what I say people will still watch it. There is no way this film will knock Jurassic World out of first place.

PhotoDave219

Interesting that they're at least having conversations. Hopefully it involves actually adding capacity (like restoring the Wonders of Life Building) rather than making over an existing attraction.

I'll get My hopes up if I hear rumors from budget offices, but not before then.

Until then, I wanna see the movie.

Turtle

Original Poster
Everybody has there own taste I guess, but I just come back from seeing it and it was something I never watch again or recommend. Even over heard a kid saying on the way out it can be better, not going to say much else because I know no matter what I say people will still watch it. There is no way this film will knock Jurassic World out of first place.
To each their own but the children and adults in both theaters I went to were raving about it after.

Why? Epcot literally has a place called "the imagination pavilion."

Because Epcot needs less toons and DHS needs more... attractions.

Mike S

http://www.slashfilm.com/inside-out-theme-park/

I can't find the one where they mention calling Imagineering.
Wow. First off Imagination is its own pavilion, not part of The Land. Second, there's a much better spot in Epcot for Inside Out and that's Wonders of Life: specifically as a new Cranium Command. If they put it in Imagination........
image.jpg

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I literally had to do a double take at @Florida_is_hot's comment. This movie is such a masterpiece and will likely live on for decades. The weekend box office will tell if Disney will actually be willing to actually do anything in the park though.
The weekend box office is tracking phenomenally well. As good as any Pixar debut besides Toy Story 3, I believe.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I doubt they have.

Wouldn't it work better at the Studios (Pixar Place)?
Just about anything fits at HS due to it's general theme allowing a hodgepodge of concepts to all "work".

That said, having seen Inside Out, it would work extremely well at EPCOT, especially if they used it to revitalize the Wonders of Life pavilion.

Side note of trivia...the director (Pete Doctor) was an animator for Cranium Command.

I believe he worked on part of the preshow, and he's even seen in the attraction.

Check out around 5:10, look to the left. He's in the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom