1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Incredibles Super Dance Party to end April 30th

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by SpectroBro, Apr 20, 2017.

1. rct247

rct247 Well-Known Member

The stage will be refurbished in May and a new dance party may appear inside Cosmics.

spectromagic04 likes this.
  2. JudyHopps

JudyHopps Well-Known Member

@MansionButler84, first off I am a guy. Second, I am only arm-chairing here, under the assumption that both will be returning for this year's MNSSHP and MVMCP respectfully. And lastly, this is NOT information from social media (Twitter).

PrincessJulia1207 likes this.
  3. Casper Gutman

Casper Gutman Well-Known Member

Oh good, I was worried there wouldn't be anywhere to shift listlessly from foot to foot next to an incredibly sweaty guy in a goofy outfit.

That was Disney's original vision for the parks, right?

4. PrincessJulia1207

PrincessJulia1207 Member

tbh I mistook you for a gal too (I think the Judy username and picture throws people off a little)

5. JudyHopps

6. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

So the superhero dance party is giving way to a "cosmic" dance party.

Which characters will that be: Miles? Guardians? Star Wars? Chip & Dale in astronaut helmets?

7. JudyHopps

Again, no further details were given at the time.

8. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

Yes, I read the link and saw it didn't mention who. That's why I asked in case an insider here had the info.

9. ProtoProto

ProtoProto Member

I can see it being turned into a meet and greet spot

10. Surfin' Tuna

Surfin' Tuna Member

Last night on the Wednesday night MK visit the wife and I were walking through Tomorrowland and the eyesore of a stage didn't seem so bad for the first time ever. Knowing it would soon be quiet and maybe even gone made it a nice feeling. Then I log tonight and see this news... Luckily the new party will be "out-of-this-world!" Can't we just get it out of the park? I can't think of too many things that could ruin the feel of a land much more than that music does. Luckily there's the new Joffrey's.

COProgressFan likes this.
  11. TiggerDad

TiggerDad Well-Known Member

If the dance party moves inside, that may help contain some of the noise. People who like dance parties can go, and those who don't will not have to listen to it.

12. asianway

asianway Well-Known Member

Shocking...reports of the Tomorrowland dance party's demise were greatly exaggerated

13. LukeS7

LukeS7 Well-Known Member

I'm calling it now: After kicking Stitch out of having a ride, they're downgrading him from a Meet & Greet to the cosmic dance party (for those who haven't seen me post before, I know the Stitch ride isn't great, he's just my favorite character)

MisterPenguin and brb1006 like this.
  14. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

He's my kid's favorite character too. Honestly, I would rather see him in a dance party rather than a meet and greet. I think the character interaction at dance parties is so much fun.

ford91exploder likes this.
  15. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

Wait there are making another dance party? But I wanted to see the stage get removed. So much for hearing the Tommorowland area music again at night.

JeffBostock likes this.
  16. Disney Dad 3000

Disney Dad 3000 Well-Known Member

Well that is some crappy WDW news to head into the weekend. Was really looking forward to strolling through TL in September and not seeing what I thought was put out to pasture. I don't want any part of a dance party in the MK, but at least if they are going to do it, find somewhere that doesn't totally kill whatever vibe the area has. Stick it in the back near the barnstormer, anywhere but TL, AL, FL.
    I imagine at some point they'll do a temporary SW dance party too.

brb1006 likes this.
  17. CJR

CJR Well-Known Member

A big thumbs down from me. Can't stand DJ dance parties personally, so I was hoping this would be out or at least moved somewhere indoors. It gathers a crowd and it's cheap, I suppose. Still, it's Tomorrowland, which deserves way better.

I can have about as much fun dancing around to the same pop music in my living room if I wanted to, probably more fun since I have air conditioning and can wear whatever I want :angelic:. I don't mind that Disney offers dance parties themselves, but they don't belong out in the open, in themed places. My exception is special occasions like July 4th, when it's so crowded you can't really move much anyway so might as well boogie.

COProgressFan and brb1006 like this.
  18. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

If only there was an indoor space that could hold such an event at WDW!

Oh yeah! http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...disney-opens-at-disneys-hollywood-studios.htm

Shame it isn't used.

19. COProgressFan

COProgressFan Well-Known Member

I don't like that it breaks the theme completely but I'm okay with live performances. Disneyland often has live bands in tomorrowland, but live performances usually have a different energy and vibe that I find more appealing. WDW's foam heads jumping around to sanitized top 40 hits and wedding reception music with a cheesy DJ is just nauseating.

CJR likes this.
  20. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Well-Known Member