Ike

palmage

Original Poster
This is worth watching.

hurricane_track_models_3.jpg

partyoffour

I mean i know that everyone is worrried but does there have to be a thread for every hurricane??? :shrug:

Why not just relax. I am going soon and I think everything is gonna be fine i am going to Disney rain or no rain we are going to have a blast.

EPCOT Explorer

I mean i know that everyone is worrried but does there have to be a thread for every hurricane??? :shrug:

Why not just relax. I am going soon and I think everything is gonna be fine i am going to Disney rain or no rain we are going to have a blast.

Thanks for being considerate of those who may be in danger!:wave:

Piebald

Let's see..... there is a discussion board named WEATHER. Are you really trying to dispute whether or not it is important to have individual topics for each storm? This is a monster storm that I am genuinely worried for (family lives in South FL, I live in Orlando) and I've been through just about every major hurricane in the past 22 years. If this thing hits Florida, the least of anyone's concern will be whether or not your sacred trip to Disney will be a blast. If this thing hits, there's a good chance you won't even be going, much less having a blast. Have a good day :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

As others have said, this is the WEATHER section of the site. Nothing bigger in the world of weather than a hurricane!

You also need to keep in mind that a hurricane is capable of far more than just rain. Parks have previously been closed and damaged by hurricanes, so we really need to watch this. You wouldnt be having a blast in that situation.

This forum isnt just for visitors either. Lots of cast and Florida residents visit the boards, and for them, extreme weather is a very serious matter.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

Yup :wave: It helps keep the information organized for the people who are interested. There are many Cast members, families of cast members, and local residents who are members here and they like to keep abreast of the situation while visiting WDWMagic.

oops hubby beat me to it! :animwink: I guess great minds think a like.

Cinderellylove

Does anyone have good news about Ike? We do leave this Sat. just missing Hanna. HOWEVER, I am concerned about total rain out or like everyone is saying...mAJOR hurricane! NOT just for me, but everyone else!

IKE GO AWAY

Does anyone have good news about Ike? We do leave this Sat. just missing Hanna. HOWEVER, I am concerned about total rain out or like everyone is saying...mAJOR hurricane! NOT just for me, but everyone else!

IKE GO AWAY

The bad new is that we have yet another very powerful and intimidating storm heading toward Florida.

However, the GOOD news is that there's still a chance its path will follow Hanna and stay off-coast. Unfortunately, it's too early to tell yet. I'm keeping an eye on it and really hoping that the news goes from good to better real soon.

The Mom

Premium Member
All we need to do at this point is be aware that of it, and check the weather for a daily update until it gets close enough to determine if it will be a threat or not.

I think that the only complaint people have is the number of threads that are started for the same storm. ;) I spend a lot of time moving them into this forum. :lol:

partyoffour

Thanks for being considerate of those who may be in danger!:wave:

Oh yeah i am the least considerate person ever. Come on seriously?? I just meant that maybe all of the hurricanes should be under one heading. I have seen 5 on Hannah alone. I think one person kept writing over and over starting a new one.

You are right I only went on new posts and did not see it was under weather. :hammer:

I guess I sounded mad cause you all blasted me like I killed you BF. Sorry if I hurt anyone feelings.

Have a good day . I mean no harm peace to all.

My g ma lives in Florida for goodness sake. So i worry.

Mikester71

Oh yeah i am the least considerate person ever. Come on seriously?? I just meant that maybe all of the hurricanes should be under one heading. I have seen 5 on Hannah alone. I think one person kept writing over and over starting a new one.

You are right I only went on new posts and did not see it was under weather. :hammer:

I guess I sounded mad cause you all blasted me like I killed you BF. Sorry if I hurt anyone feelings.

Have a good day . I mean no harm peace to all.

My g ma lives in Florida for goodness sake. So i worry.

I know what you meant. I usually only go on new posts too and it did seem like there were an awful lot of hurricane threads that could have been linked together instead of starting a new thread each time. :shrug:

Maybe they didn't see the other the other threads and just wanted some quick info. I've been guilty of that before (posting a similar thread).:wave:

The Mom

Premium Member
If it was a topic that I thought was going to hang around a while, I would go to the trouble of merging them. But these hurricane threads (unless they hit WDW and do some damage) are usually over in a week or two, so then fall off the front pages.

So it's just easier to move them to weather.

cococola44

It is just that I am coming from NJ and we are leaving early morning on thursday.

We are staying at poly...dh and i are spending almost 4k on the vacation NOT INCLUDING FOOD

Menpell

I leave Saturday as well and I am so glad we are missing Hanna!! I live in New England and unfortunately my friends and family will get Hanna the day we leave. :p But my flight should leave well before Hanna moves in. I am concerned with Ike, but only time will tell. I have been checking out AccuWeather.com each day and it does give a forecast of great weather next week. Let's see how accurate it is. Hopefully Ike moves quick and we only deal with one day of rain. That I can handle. Use that day to sleep in!!!

cococola44

So true,

I just fear that it will come in when we leave and my flights will be cancelled and ...i just can't afford to "loose out" of 2 days = close to 1000 dollars lost.

Cinderellylove

I hear you coca cola.
We are spending over $6000! Staying at yacht club leaving this sat. the 6th from DFW. Im not worried about Hanna. BUT IKE! YIKES, it looks like its headed dead on?!
In response to the previous note, where did you see good weather for Fl for next week? I think we leave the same day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom