Ike

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi
Thanks for the conversations regarding the weather, it's nice to hear everyone's opinions!

My question is in regards to "special activites"provided by resorts in the event of closing parks( I have heard it mentioned).
When I called Disney, I was trying to get a feel for if they would provide anything special but didn't get the impression that was a given.

Any thoughts? (Hubby's :king: birthday is Thursday and I'm just trying to gauge how much extra "special-ness" I should plan to provide for myself).

Thanks!!!

Disney do have plans for dealing with all kinds of situations, and one is for guest entertainment within the resorts if all the parks are closed.
In previous years, they have deployed characters, resort activities, movies, free food - things of that nature. For this to happen, you are looking at pretty bleak conditions outside.

I would doubt Disney would give you any info on this, as it only happens if it really comes to it. Hopefully you wont have a need to see it :)

EPCOT Explorer

hurr_cone_error_640x480.jpg
Several models are shifting to the GOM...

storm_09.gif

Minnie4

Still packing

:wave:

Ike is making me nuts ..Ok we are leaving in the morning and hoping for the best. I know I have stopped listening to the weather channel..it's driving me crazy. We are driving in from Houston and 1-10 through Louisiana still has road closures from gustav UGH.

Ike just needs to go elsewhere.. Hoping we just have one or two days of heaving rain... So If there is heavy rain..any advise on what to do at Disney ..;)

SpongeScott

:wave:

Ike is making me nuts ..Ok we are leaving in the morning and hoping for the best. I know I have stopped listening to the weather channel..it's driving me crazy. We are driving in from Houston and 1-10 through Louisiana still has road closures from gustav UGH.

Ike just needs to go elsewhere.. Hoping we just have one or two days of heaving rain... So If there is heavy rain..any advise on what to do at Disney ..;)
If it follows the track, you will get heavy rain and winds for a couple of days. Too early to speculate on closures. Otherwise, grab a poncho, be prepared to get your feet and legs wet, and enjoy the low crowds.

Cinderellylove

ECHO that
We leave 7 am tomorrow morning flying in from DFW.
Next Wedn. is when we planned our Anniversary dinner! not sure if were gonna be able to go. We will have to wait it out and see.
GOT the ponchos, water shoes and ready to go have fun even if I force myself.
PRAY for peace and this storms GOES AWAY!
THANKS for all the updates, this has been so helpful. bene in here since fay and Love this website.
GOD BLESS

Minnie4

I'm Jealous

That your flying..At least you can get to Disney....I may need to take alternate routes do due downed trees and power outages from Gustav in Louisiana :(

palmage

Original Poster
Are you guys really called Tampons?!?
Us people on the correct side of the bay call those other people Tampons.

We let them come over for long weekends and such.

They're kinda like hemmoroids, it's ok if they come down once in a while.
As long as they go back up!!!

Just kidding of course..............

krushuk

Resort/Hurricane Question

I've got a resort/hurricane question for you:

I live in New Orleans (just got home yesterday from evacuating from Gustav.) I am flying to WDW this Tuesday 9/9. I've read that I'll be safe at Disney if Ike heads that way, so that's not my issue. BUT here's the thing:

What if IKE heads to New Orleans and they close the New Orleans airport when I'm supposed to fly home? Would Disney let me stay in my resort for a couple extra days or do I have to check out as scheduled? I'm supposed to fly home on the 15th...which is about the time it would be making landfall if it heads to New Orleans (God forbid).

Hopefully, they will let me stay until I can fly home. I've got an AP so park admission won't be an issue and I don't mind paying for extra nights at my hotel. I just don't know how flexible they would be if I'm forced to add on additional nights in the middle of my scheduled trip.

Anyone?

dixiegirl

I live in New Orleans (just got home yesterday from evacuating from Gustav.) I am flying to WDW this Tuesday 9/9. I've read that I'll be safe at Disney if Ike heads that way, so that's not my issue. BUT here's the thing:

What if IKE heads to New Orleans and they close the New Orleans airport when I'm supposed to fly home? Would Disney let me stay in my resort for a couple extra days or do I have to check out as scheduled? I'm supposed to fly home on the 15th...which is about the time it would be making landfall if it heads to New Orleans (God forbid).

Hopefully, they will let me stay until I can fly home. I've got an AP so park admission won't be an issue and I don't mind paying for extra nights at my hotel. I just don't know how flexible they would be if I'm forced to add on additional nights in the middle of my scheduled trip.

Anyone?

I know a few years ago in January we got stuck(yes soooo horrible!) In Disney because there was a major snow storm here in RI and the airport we were flying into closed...We were staying at POR at the time and they did'nt have a problem with us staying (more money for them) we just had to switch rooms.....for 2 nites....sad yes I know....But also it was during a slow time of year as well...But I don't think you 'd have a problem..i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.....although I need some crossing myself..
we're supposed to fly out of Boston Mass next sunday...God I hope we can....Our family is looking foward to this trip so much!

The Mom

Premium Member

Anyone?

I suspect they will have cancellations from people who can't fly out to WDW, or can't drive through the storm, so they should have a room for you (and others who can't get home) that would otherwise be empty.

As much as I'm relieved that the newest paths look like Orlando will be spared, it's pretty terrible seeing that Louisiana looks like it's again in the path of a scary storm. :(

Our family in Baton Rouge are still without electricity, some are permanently out of their homes (lost roof), and things are still very bleak over there. Why isn't this bigger news???

SpongeScott

As much as I'm relieved that the newest paths look like Orlando will be spared, it's pretty terrible seeing that Louisiana looks like it's again in the path of a scary storm. :(

Our family in Baton Rouge are still without electricity, some are permanently out of their homes (lost roof), and things are still very bleak over there. Why isn't this bigger news???
Because your town wasn't flooded three years ago and isn't spelled N-E-W O-R-L-E-A-N-S.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom