If I could improve Walt Disney World....

warfelg

The issue I see with this is half of these characters can't be used in WDW due to the Marvel contract with Universal. Guardians, Dr. Strange, and I'm assuming characters like Black Panther and Ant Man are accessible.

But the core four of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America definitely can't be used in a Disney Park east of the Mississippi.

Well the question I was responding to was "if the Universal Contract didn't exist" ;)

warfelg

Epcot is supposed to be about real life, the concept still works completely if Epcot is continually updated to meet modern standards, and there is rumored to be a massive Future World renovation which would make it all up to date.

And one of those renovations is rumored to be turning Energy into a Guardians of the Galaxy dark ride....

Disney no longer needs sponsors, it's an outdated concept, they can pay for everything on their own if they want to, so a lack of sponsors doesn't matter.

In one way I agree that they can pay for it if they need to, but in another I disagree because with those sponsors they didn't need to come up with the tools to update the pavilions, they just asked the sponsor "So what's new?" and found a way to integrate it.

Also, by changing Future World to Stark Expo, you're basically changing it into Hollywood Studios, as it would now, like Hollywood Studios, be mostly IP based. There is a place for rides based on films, Epcot isn't it. Also, people really like Epcot, and wouldn't want it to be transformed - it's my favourite park, and many other people's favourite as well - if it were changed into a Marvel based theme park, there would be outcry.

I don't think it's like Hollywood Studios yet, depending on what the vision for Hollywood Studios is in the future. TBH if the Marvel properties were free for Disney to do whatever they wanted, they would create a 5th gate on it's own with it. They seem to be wanting to keep things at Hollywood Studios small scale, which is why IMO they did Toy Story Land and not Pixar, and Star Wars is a really pared down concept. If they continue with that I would expect Cars land to be adopted for HS. Maybe they could transform Rocking Rollercoaster into a Marvel character based ride, take Tower of Terror and give it the same GotG overhall and use the theater to do something else. But I think Marvel fans would be disappointed with how small scale that would be (kinda like Star Wars fans being a little disappoined).

Given it was all hypothetical, and I thought something based off Stark Expo where each property within Marvel got it's own space would be cool, Epcot gave me the perfect "play place" in integrate the idea I had with something the park already had to create a whole Marvel land.

Otherwise I think it's a small HS installation of 2-4 rides, 1-2 food spots, 3-4 shops, or taking some of Tomorrow land and just putting Marvel Character names over it.

Suchomimus

Given it was all hypothetical, and I thought something based off Stark Expo where each property within Marvel got it's own space would be cool, Epcot gave me the perfect "play place" in integrate the idea I had with something the park already had to create a whole Marvel land.
And by play place, you meant another big name franchise for IPcot.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Well the question I was responding to was "if the Universal Contract didn't exist" ;)
Ah -- well then in that case I still have some issues with it:p

I think you might run into some problems with saturation, longevity, and cohesiveness. Epcot Pavilions aren't designed to represent Marvel properties which is why Guardians in the Universe of Energy has a lukewarm reaction from fans who see it as simply an excuse for execs to cram quick fixes into parks instead of building off of innovative ideas.

Your idea is creative, can't take that away from you - however what happens to World Showcase in this scenario? What is the name of the park? There are also some locations that don't really mash up with the characters. For instance. Why is Captain America in the Land pavilion? Why is Hulk in the Seas?

Considering the hypothetical (not that I endorse this) -- at least let's choose characters that would fit the pre-existing locations. For instance.

- Dr. Strange would be better placed in Imagination than Mission: Space.
- Namor would be better for The Living Seas or any characters that can utilize the pre-existing fish tank
- Ant-Man would be better for a redo of Body Wars - just rename it Pym Technologies
- Captain America, Bucky, etc would be better fit in Innoventions, as the hub of Stark Expo.
- Shield Training could be used for Test Track.
- Mission Space could be based on Avengers: Infinity War.
- Guardians for the UoE.

That still leaves us with two pavilions that don't make a lot of sense --- The Land and Spaceship Earth. I guess I'm just having a hard time visualizing how this park would look with all these eclectic themes.

warfelg

Ah -- well then in that case I still have some issues with it:p

I think you might run into some problems with saturation, longevity, and cohesiveness. Epcot Pavilions aren't designed to represent Marvel properties which is why Guardians in the Universe of Energy has a lukewarm reaction from fans who see it as simply an excuse for execs to cram quick fixes into parks instead of building off of innovative ideas.

Your idea is creative, can't take that away from you - however what happens to World Showcase in this scenario? What is the name of the park? There are also some locations that don't really mash up with the characters. For instance. Why is Captain America in the Land pavilion? Why is Hulk in the Seas?

Considering the hypothetical (not that I endorse this) -- at least let's choose characters that would fit the pre-existing locations. For instance.

- Dr. Strange would be better placed in Imagination than Mission: Space.
- Namor would be better for The Living Seas or any characters that can utilize the pre-existing fish tank
- Ant-Man would be better for a redo of Body Wars - just rename it Pym Technologies
- Captain America, Bucky, etc would be better fit in Innoventions, as the hub of Stark Expo.
- Shield Training could be used for Test Track.
- Mission Space could be based on Avengers: Infinity War.
- Guardians for the UoE.

That still leaves us with two pavilions that don't make a lot of sense --- The Land and Spaceship Earth. I guess I'm just having a hard time visualizing how this park would look with all these eclectic themes.

I would see some update to the inside and outside of the structures. I get that they don't fully match up, what I was trying to go for was keep the Mystical/galaxy heroes on one side and the rest on the other side. I didn't use Namor because he isn't in the MCU. Ant-man didn't get used because I think you need some heroes to be combined with others. Hence doing Ghost Rider with Agents of Shield as a surprise popup. I was trying to stay away from making anything dependent on a single movie (hence not using Mission Space for a Infinity War Specific). I picked the land for Captain America because if gutted it has loads of space to accommodate multiple heroes.

As for not using Innoventions.....I kinda didn't want to change that or spaceship earth too much. I would keep that area kinda the same, just update the ride and not reflect the events of anything Marvel.

As far as World's Fair, keep it the same. Epcot is still a worlds fair based idea of a park, this idea just takes the Futureworld part of the park and puts a new spin on it.

Jtuck

I guess I'm just having a hard time visualizing how this park would look with all these eclectic themes.

I agree, at this point you might as well just tear everything down and build a brand new marvel park as this is essentially what it would be and not EPCOT anymore. Ant-Man as a Body Wars revival is a good idea though, it could be really cool with an educational spin.

BenJacobs

IMG_0136.jpg
IMG_0137.jpg

Hollywood Studios:

1. Move Rock 'n' Roller Coaster round behind TOT.
2. New dark ride on Sunset Boulevard, could be many things.
3. Marvel Land, North of Toy Story Land, and where RNRC was, of course you might need to have the right to use all Marvel characters and storylines, and Universal has some.
4. New Great Movie Ride. It would take inspiration from the Spiderman, Harry Potter dark ride ride systems and an experience a bit like Mickey's Philarmagic, where it could integrate 3D or 4D film and physical sets and animatronics, with perfect integration between scenes, and where it isn't like you're watching a screen but that you're part of the action.
5. Make new multi-storey car parks in the North part of the current car park.
6. Place a Cars Land where the old car park once was.

DisneyManOne

Hey guys, I just came up with an idea a couple days ago. I've been working on my WDW resort-wide refurbishment ideas in private now, because I was getting tired of constantly updating my various threads whenever I had a new idea. But there's one idea I just thought up I'd like to share with you: a new version of the Fantasyland cul-de-sac idea I proposed.

In case you don't know, this would be an expansion that replaced "small world" in its current space (which I moved to the Speedway space), featuring rides based on Frozen and Tangled. Well, I've gone back and updated that in a new way. I even made this in Paint to give you a rough idea...
Fantasyland cds 2.png

Let me walk you through this. First of all, this would all be built on an upper floor (much like how most of MK is built on top of Utilidors), so that way, the parking can still be used. And I made sure that the buildings were out of the way of the fireworks fallout zone (I did the measurements, and the tip of the Frozen building is just close enough to be away from the fallout).

The brown spot in the middle is a stage that can be used for street entertainment. On the left-hand side, I'm bringing back the old favorite, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, exactly as it was before it closed in 1998. And if you're wondering what's with the beige border around the building, it's because I plan to put a Tangled walk-through, a la Aladdin's Enchanted Passage at Disneyland Paris, on top of Mr. Toad.

Then, of course, we have Frozen Ever After, which I've proposed moving to MK ever since it opened last June. The small building nearby is Royal Reception, a meet and greet for Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf. In-between Frozen and Toad is a bridge that will lead to another idea of mine: an expanded Frontierland. I'll probably tell about that when I finalize that particular idea. Stay tuned!

Then, on the right-hand side, we have Pinocchio's Daring Journey, which will have to be varied a bit from Disneyland's version, because the Disneyland ride building would just jut out. Seriously, look up the Pinocchio ride building and you'll see what I mean. Then, in the space in-between Daring Journey and Village Haus, we have a small toy shop, themed around Geppetto's workshop. And last, but certainly not least, we have Mary Poppins' Jolly Holiday, a massive dark ride based upon the 1964 Disney masterpiece.

Well, what do you think?

Daveeeeed

Hey guys, I just came up with an idea a couple days ago. I've been working on my WDW resort-wide refurbishment ideas in private now, because I was getting tired of constantly updating my various threads whenever I had a new idea. But there's one idea I just thought up I'd like to share with you: a new version of the Fantasyland cul-de-sac idea I proposed.

In case you don't know, this would be an expansion that replaced "small world" in its current space (which I moved to the Speedway space), featuring rides based on Frozen and Tangled. Well, I've gone back and updated that in a new way. I even made this in Paint to give you a rough idea...
View attachment 212634
Let me walk you through this. First of all, this would all be built on an upper floor (much like how most of MK is built on top of Utilidors), so that way, the parking can still be used. And I made sure that the buildings were out of the way of the fireworks fallout zone (I did the measurements, and the tip of the Frozen building is just close enough to be away from the fallout).

The brown spot in the middle is a stage that can be used for street entertainment. On the left-hand side, I'm bringing back the old favorite, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, exactly as it was before it closed in 1998. And if you're wondering what's with the beige border around the building, it's because I plan to put a Tangled walk-through, a la Aladdin's Enchanted Passage at Disneyland Paris, on top of Mr. Toad.

Then, of course, we have Frozen Ever After, which I've proposed moving to MK ever since it opened last June. The small building nearby is Royal Reception, a meet and greet for Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf. In-between Frozen and Toad is a bridge that will lead to another idea of mine: an expanded Frontierland. I'll probably tell about that when I finalize that particular idea. Stay tuned!

Then, on the right-hand side, we have Pinocchio's Daring Journey, which will have to be varied a bit from Disneyland's version, because the Disneyland ride building would just jut out. Seriously, look up the Pinocchio ride building and you'll see what I mean. Then, in the space in-between Daring Journey and Village Haus, we have a small toy shop, themed around Geppetto's workshop. And last, but certainly not least, we have Mary Poppins' Jolly Holiday, a massive dark ride based upon the 1964 Disney masterpiece.

Well, what do you think?
Really nice work, and fantastic placement!

As constructive criticism wouldn't there need to be an access road to Village Haus? Plus that may have to be torn down and a new restaraunt may have to be built. Also the pathway to Frontierland might want to be a bit higher as to not come near to Haunted Mansion show building.

I've never really liked the concept of standing in a queue for characters for more than 5 minutes, but there is a demand for Frozen, so why not have a multi-room meet and greet, so that way there could be like 4 different Elsas and you could spend more (albeit awkward) time with them, but it should probably serve as a complement of Epcot's as Frozen is unfortunately there to stay.

Could Mr. Toad be built as compact and intimate as it could before, as well as handicap incompatible? We evacuated from the ride last week at Disneyland and it seems like it wouldn't be allowed today, but maybe they can, who knows! It was a super dumb idea though to get rid of it instead of to expand.
I love your work here especially the multistory buildings. An effective use of space for sure!
I really hope though+ would not come to these new rides except for Poppins as queueing for 10-15 minutes for a C-ticket is awesome to do while waiting for a Fastpass.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

I've decided to go back and update my Fantasyland cul-de-sac idea. I decided to see what it would look like if I added in the Pinocchio ride building from Disneyland, and I also added in a backstage access path running along the side of the Pinocchio building, as well as the "Storybook Shoppe", a shop which sells storybook adaptations of Disney's classic animated tales, particularly those represented in Fantasyland. Again, this whole cul-de-sac will be built, like much of the Magic Kingdom is, over the parking and Utilidor access areas, so that way, they can still be accessed.
Fantasyland cds 3.png

The90skid

To answer the original prompt - if I could improve Walt Disney World? You guys want to know what my single, most important request would be to Iger and the crew to realistically do? Connect every Disney park to the monorail system, and streamline it to be an effective, efficient means of transportation from park to park.

spacemt354

Chili's
I've decided to go back and update my Fantasyland cul-de-sac idea. I decided to see what it would look like if I added in the Pinocchio ride building from Disneyland, and I also added in a backstage access path running along the side of the Pinocchio building, as well as the "Storybook Shoppe", a shop which sells storybook adaptations of Disney's classic animated tales, particularly those represented in Fantasyland. Again, this whole cul-de-sac will be built, like much of the Magic Kingdom is, over the parking and Utilidor access areas, so that way, they can still be accessed.
View attachment 214718
For Frozen Ever After --- would this be the exact same ride that is in Norway currently? Or would it be reimagined. I think for the space the imagineers had to work with - it turned out well in Norway, but if moved to the MK I would think it would have the space/potential to be something much better than FEA.

DisneyManOne

For Frozen Ever After --- would this be the exact same ride that is in Norway currently? Or would it be reimagined. I think for the space the imagineers had to work with - it turned out well in Norway, but if moved to the MK I would think it would have the space/potential to be something much better than FEA.

During my hiatus, I went back and updated a few things in my overall WDW ideas. I've decided to have a Frozen mini-land on the eastern side, right as you enter from the Hub. In this plan, FEA would replace Cosmic Ray's, the Fairytale Garden would become fully enclosed and play host to a meet and greet with Anna and Elsa (Kristoff and Olaf would meet guests on the streets), and Cheshire Cafe would turn into Wandering Oaken's.

As for the rest of the cul-de-sac, I've gone back and updated that, especially in the wake of TRON's announced arrival in Tomorrowland. In this new plan, the London Triangle remains in tact, but Mary Poppins is replaced by a dark ride themed around Robin Hood. (This is mainly because in my plans, I've decided to add @kap91's incredible Jolly Holiday dark ride to the UK at EPCOT. I did this because I share a similar viewpoint as @sshindel, creator of the Epcot Manifesto: IP placement in EPCOT can work well, as long as it's done correctly. Much like Ratatouille has its roots firmly set in the culture of France, Mary Poppins has its roots firmly set in the culture of England.)

In addition, my plans for Storyteller's Nook (an updated take on Disneyland's Royal Theatre) have moved, too. It would be found nearby the Tangled area, blending in with the surroundings. It would share complex space with Mr. Toad.

And, at the rear of the London Triangle would be a park gate. Once you step through it, you find yourself standing before "it's a small world", with a new clock tower facade, updated show scenes and the wonderful John Debney score from Paris. The ride would be surrounded by beautiful gardens and topiaries.

What do you think?

Suchomimus

During my hiatus, I went back and updated a few things in my overall WDW ideas. I've decided to have a Frozen mini-land on the eastern side, right as you enter from the Hub. In this plan, FEA would replace Cosmic Ray's, the Fairytale Garden would become fully enclosed and play host to a meet and greet with Anna and Elsa (Kristoff and Olaf would meet guests on the streets), and Cheshire Cafe would turn into Wandering Oaken's.

As for the rest of the cul-de-sac, I've gone back and updated that, especially in the wake of TRON's announced arrival in Tomorrowland. In this new plan, the London Triangle remains in tact, but Mary Poppins is replaced by a dark ride themed around Robin Hood. (This is mainly because in my plans, I've decided to add @kap91's incredible Jolly Holiday dark ride to the UK at EPCOT. I did this because I share a similar viewpoint as @sshindel, creator of the Epcot Manifesto: IP placement in EPCOT can work well, as long as it's done correctly. Much like Ratatouille has its roots firmly set in the culture of France, Mary Poppins has its roots firmly set in the culture of England.)

In addition, my plans for Storyteller's Nook (an updated take on Disneyland's Royal Theatre) have moved, too. It would be found nearby the Tangled area, blending in with the surroundings. It would share complex space with Mr. Toad.

And, at the rear of the London Triangle would be a park gate. Once you step through it, you find yourself standing before "it's a small world", with a new clock tower facade, updated show scenes and the wonderful John Debney score from Paris. The ride would be surrounded by beautiful gardens and topiaries.

What do you think?
Well firstly, would FEA be the same as in Epcot or be longer? And secondly, this is just me but I do think that IASW would be more mesh better in World Showplace as opposed to the Storybookland that is MK’s Fantasyland.

spacemt354

Chili's

What do you think?
My concern to that would be how it doesn't give Frozen any room to breathe, and might be a bit tight with what I'm assuming is still the Mad Tea Party, Speedway/Tron, and Storybook Circus within eye's view. My main question would be why is there a clone of Frozen Ever After in the Magic Kingdom? And what would replace Frozen Ever After in Maelstrom? It just seems like a missed opportunity to try and add something new for Frozen rather than the current ride.

As for the Triangle, I like the London theme as it goes well with Peter Pan as well - Mary Poppins and Toad fit very well over there, though if I'm reading it right -- small world will be pushed back, but in the same area? Not sure how that's possible, or maybe I'm reading it wrong.

DisneyManOne

Well firstly, would FEA be the same as in Epcot or be longer? And secondly, this is just me but I do think that IASW would be more mesh better in World Showplace as opposed to the Storybookland that is MK’s Fantasyland.

Honestly, I'd much rather use the expansion pads in World Showcase for new countries. I'd replace Royal Sommerhus with a new country, and besides, it's been said that Ratatouille will be built behind France on about half of the pad between France and Morocco. There should be room for another, if not, smaller pavilion there.

My concern to that would be how it doesn't give Frozen any room to breathe, and might be a bit tight with what I'm assuming is still the Mad Tea Party, Speedway/Tron, and Storybook Circus within eye's view. My main question would be why is there a clone of Frozen Ever After in the Magic Kingdom? And what would replace Frozen Ever After in Maelstrom? It just seems like a missed opportunity to try and add something new for Frozen rather than the current ride.

As for the Triangle, I like the London theme as it goes well with Peter Pan as well - Mary Poppins and Toad fit very well over there, though if I'm reading it right -- small world will be pushed back, but in the same area? Not sure how that's possible, or maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Well, I still have an idea to give Wonderland its own sub-area behind the Mad Tea Party, with a replica of Disneyland's Alice in Wonderland dark ride and a few atmospheric surprises. And the thing is--Frozen Ever After is a really well-done attraction, and I wanted to find a new home for it, because it doesn't mesh with the Norway pavilion. However, I guess it could be tweaked. I've heard an idea about replacing the boats with a sleigh, so it feels more like a traditional Fantasyland dark ride. If that seems a bit too much, I could easily substitute FEA at MK by moving the Frozen sing-along from DHS over there.

My idea for a Frozen replacement in Norway would be a new version of Maelstrom, inspired more by the Viking aspect. I'd use this idea I found on the Re-Imagining Disney World blog. Basically, you sail off to Asgard, but Loki tricks you into taking the Golden Apples. What follows is essentially a giant chase as you try to flee Asgard. A climax would involve you facing the Valkyries. This idea would be more ambitious, featuring more drops and more thrills. Basically if Pirates were more Nordic and more thrilling.

And yes, IASW would be pushed back. This and the London Triangle would not only help open up that bottleneck leading to Liberty Square, but it would give IASW a chance to grow and expand, and stand out more alongside its brothers across the world.

mickeyfan5534

Honestly, I'd much rather use the expansion pads in World Showcase for new countries. I'd replace Royal Sommerhus with a new country, and besides, it's been said that Ratatouille will be built behind France on about half of the pad between France and Morocco. There should be room for another, if not, smaller pavilion there.
My preference is a South Korea pavillion. It keeps the intellectual flow of France to Morocco because Korea was a French colony for a time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom