1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

If I could improve Walt Disney World....

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by stitchcastle, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Benjlufc

Benjlufc Member

It really shouldn't change, as one of the things that makes it great is the fact that you can just walk on, or have only a five minute wait. Anyway, to make it more popular, you would need to add something major, so it would turn into a completely different ride, which I wouldn't want.

spacemt354, kmbmw777 and S.P.E.W like this.
  2. stitchcastle

stitchcastle Well-Known Member Original Poster

I wouldn't fix it so much as to just add more things to Tomorrowland to make the ride more scenic. I personally like that it's a no frills non-line-heavy ride. I would probably put in some old Horizons scenes to the ride the way they reused the Dinosaur dioramas from the World's Fair for the Disneyland Railroad.

I'd love for the resort to invest in the PeopleMover ride system further and install it at Disney Springs or EPCOT as a legitimate, ahem, people mover.

kmbmw777, S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  3. kmbmw777

kmbmw777 Well-Known Member

I would agree with the responses everyone said. Just making the route more scenic could do a great deal. But it is one of WDW's worst kept secret gems.

Daily Question (April 4th2017)
    Keeping up with this is difficult.

IPs in World Showcase are HATED by the most hardcore Disney fans. However, the general public, especially those with younger children, seem to like it. They say it adds more relatability to the foreign cultures. So my question is - is there any IP that would be accepted in a WS country? What criteria should Imagineers meet.

spacemt354 likes this.
  4. kmbmw777

I would say the IP should represent the country or some form of its culture. I think Ratatouille could work in France, but Frozen in Norway is a little bit of a stretch. However, I would be fine with it, IF the ride included more Norse inspiration.

spacemt354 likes this.
  5. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

For me, I'm fine with IPs in World Showcase as long as they contribute to the culture and history of the nation. Ratatouille is a good example. Mulan in China would be another one I'm fine with.

Frozen I was not too keen on even though the ride is actually not that bad.

MonorailRed, S.P.E.W and kmbmw777 like this.
  6. kmbmw777

I would agree completely (tho I am yet to ride frozen)

S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  7. S.P.E.W

S.P.E.W Well-Known Member

Depends on if and how well the IP contributres anything to the history or culture of the country.

kmbmw777 and spacemt354 like this.
  8. kmbmw777

Daily Question (April 4th2017)
    Coming up with topics is difficult.

How could Marvel be realistically integrated into the WDW Resort Area? I believe all characters can be used outside of the parks and the Guardians and Doctor Strange can be used in the parks.

spacemt354 and S.P.E.W like this.
  9. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Someone realizes the struggle:p Yes daily topics are tough:bookworm:

MonorailRed, S.P.E.W and kmbmw777 like this.
  10. kmbmw777

I'm gonna try for as long as I can ;)

S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  11. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

I'm not 100% sure on all of the logistics -- the only thing I know for sure is that Uni has theme park rights to Marvel east of the Mississippi. Even the Marvel store at Disney Springs has little to nothing to it.

I do know that non-Avengers proper characters like Guardians and Dr. Strange can be used...probably Captain Marvel and Black Panther down the road.

Black Panther in Adventureland
    Ant Man for a Stitch's Great Escape redo - similar to Adventure Thru Inner Space (which actually had a reference in the film)

MonorailRed and kmbmw777 like this.
  12. stitchcastle

stitchcastle Well-Known Member Original Poster

I'm perfectly fine with any IP that presents the culture of the country respectfully. I actually think the Three Caballeros attraction is a great balanced way to showcase both Disney IP and Mexican culture. Frozen is a lot more problematic considering it's based on a Danish fairy Tale set in a completely fictional place that's vaguely Scandinavian. I'd be more open to Thor taking over Maelstrom over Elsa. It's the same issue I'd have if they built an Aladdin attraction in Morocco as Aladdin is very much a more middle east-set story.

The Ratatouille ride in France would work really well. I also feel it would be ok to have things like Big Hero 6 become an attraction in Japan as the movie is very distinctly influenced by Japan (not to mention be a good showcase for how highly technological and modern Japan is). A Mulan attraction in China would be pretty great too.

Bill Cipher, kmbmw777 and spacemt354 like this.
  13. kmbmw777

I love the idea of Black Panther in Adventureland! And Antman in Stitch is very unique. I wonder how that would work.

One crazy idea is to retheme Rockin' Roller Coaster to Guardians. Guardians has great music, fast speeds - it works almost perfectly.

spacemt354 likes this.
  14. kmbmw777

Great points! Thor in Norway could be really cool if the Uni contract didn't exist (hint to tomorrow's prompt)

spacemt354 likes this.
  15. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

This would be such a neat addition!:geek:
    [​IMG]

16. kmbmw777

I have never read the Black Panther comics (or most of them actually) so I don't know what that is but it looks amazing!

spacemt354 likes this.
  17. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

It's most likely an ancient Wakanda temple where the Black Panther gets his powers. My guess is it also holds the Soul Gem. :bookworm:

18. kmbmw777

I found the article that that image is from and shall share it to the MCU thread. ;)

spacemt354 likes this.
  19. Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher Well-Known Member

Great ideas! For a Japan IP I would probably choose an anime, preferably Totoro.

kmbmw777 and spacemt354 like this.
  20. kmbmw777

Daily Question (April 6th 2017)
    I'm so lazy :p

How could Marvel be integrated into the WDW Resort Area if the Universal contract did not exist? XMen, Avengers, Defenders, Guardians are all fair game. :)

spacemt354 and S.P.E.W like this.