Pre-Trip I Feel Like I'm Forgetting Something... Where's Your Father?

55 Days to go...

Yes, it took me 10 months to finish last year's TR, let's see if I can finish this Pre-Trip Report in 55 days... Oh the pressure!

For those of you who do not know us... My beloved cast of characters:

There is me - Mary/Mom (46)

thumb_IMG_8225_1024.jpg

Ross/Daddy (47)

IMG_6923.jpg

Julia (14)

thumb_IMG_0515_1024.jpg

Hope (7)

thumb_STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR2_7499471879_1024 2.jpg

Our past adventures include:

September 2013 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-this-is-autism-when-you-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/

September 2014 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/honey-i-blew-up-the-magic-band-completed.892800/

September 2015 Trip

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-hopping-a-september-2015-trip-report.905518/

One Day I'll figure out how to put them in the signature.

Our next trip brings us to the WDW September 12-24 - it will be our longest trip ever! It is filled with lots of our favorites and some exciting firsts.

Like I said, today we are at the 55 day mark; however, I think I need to backtrack just a little bit...

To everyone reading - welcome aboard!

Ready... Set... Here we go!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
For the budget-minded vacation traveler, (aka, peasants like moi :p ) some years ago I did a QS crawl on the monorail loop. I started at Gasparilla's at the GF for lunch, then over to the Poly for a Dole Whip for dessert, and then finally over to the Contemporary for coffee at their coffee bar. It wasn't exactly 5 Star dining, but it was fun! :hilarious:

That sounds like fun - I didn't realize that you could get a Dole Whip at the Poly! That will have to go on our list!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
44 Days to go...

I heard that the Jungle Book show will be ending Labor Day Weekend. So... does that mean we will have a shot at seeing ROL?

We also heard that Ellen's Energy Adventure would be closing in the fall. Julia is sad - yup - she loves this one. lol Ross will miss his mid-day nap attraction. But I think it's safe that she will get to enjoy it one more time when we are there.

Julia and I have decided will will definitely do the monorail resort "shop, snack & hop". Fort Wilderness will also have to be a stop for my Julia to get another glance at her beloved River Country.

I was also thinking of maybe going to one of the mini golf places? Never been there, but I think our package comes with a coupon. Hope loves mini-golf so I'm thinking she would love it.

I can't believe how fast summer is going!

catmandoo

We love the mini-golf courses. The Fantasia Gardens is my favorite, though some of the holes have effects when the ball goes in the hole or a certain way on the ground, water effects and noises, etc, so I'm not sure how Hope would do with those. I don't remember Winter Summerland having as many, but there were still a few.

I'm sure there are descriptions online somewhere so you could research to see if it would be okay for her. I hope so, they're really fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You are AWESOME! Thanks so much for asking for me.

I checked out the menu again and I think we could order 2 pizzas and then a salad to share. Hope could have some spaghetti - since she is probably the only child who doesn't like pizza!

I wasn't really looking forward to this ADR, but after seeing some pictures in TR's - I think I am changing my mind.
I'm always happy to help a WDWMagic friend! :happy:

If only 3 of you will eat pizza, a large will be a better value than 2 individuals. When 3 of us travel we share a large. Plain cheese was $18 individual, $29 large. Salad is $7/person. I didn't see a kids menu but I'm sure there would be a kids spaghetti for Hope. Bread with olive oil is free, but you have to ask for it.

We think the pizza is delicious ~ very fresh tasting. :hungry:

Doc Disney

I was also thinking of maybe going to one of the mini golf places? Never been there, but I think our package comes with a coupon. Hope loves mini-golf so I'm thinking she would love it.

We loved Mini Golf when we went last trip! Its a ton of fun and designed to make it semi-easy with down slopes towards most holes :) We used our coupon last time too! If you have the time I think the girls will enjoy it!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We love the mini-golf courses. The Fantasia Gardens is my favorite, though some of the holes have effects when the ball goes in the hole or a certain way on the ground, water effects and noises, etc, so I'm not sure how Hope would do with those. I don't remember Winter Summerland having as many, but there were still a few.

I'm sure there are descriptions online somewhere so you could research to see if it would be okay for her. I hope so, they're really fun!

Thanks! Sounds like so much fun! So hard to choose... It seems that Winter Summerland is easier to get to so that may be the deciding factor. However Fantasia is my favorite movie and I would love to see that course.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I'm always happy to help a WDWMagic friend! :happy:

If only 3 of you will eat pizza, a large will be a better value than 2 individuals. When 3 of us travel we share a large. Plain cheese was $18 individual, $29 large. Salad is $7/person. I didn't see a kids menu but I'm sure there would be a kids spaghetti for Hope. Bread with olive oil is free, but you have to ask for it.

We think the pizza is delicious ~ very fresh tasting. :hungry:

Thanks again! We're now thinking about just paying out of pocket and ordering a large pizza to share! So many decisions! lol

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We loved Mini Golf when we went last trip! Its a ton of fun and designed to make it semi-easy with down slopes towards most holes :) We used our coupon last time too! If you have the time I think the girls will enjoy it!

Thanks! I believe it was your TR that really made me start to think about it It looks like a lot of fun! How long would you say it takes to play the course? Curious if it gets congested with people and you have to wait for the group in front of you to go?

Doc Disney

Thanks! I believe it was your TR that really made me start to think about it It looks like a lot of fun! How long would you say it takes to play the course? Curious if it gets congested with people and you have to wait for the group in front of you to go?

There were a few groups ahead of us and behind us, but it did not feel slow, rushed or congested. Probably took us about 45 minutes to an hour and part of that was because I was taking tons of pictures and videos :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom