Pre-Trip I Feel Like I'm Forgetting Something... Where's Your Father?

55 Days to go...

Yes, it took me 10 months to finish last year's TR, let's see if I can finish this Pre-Trip Report in 55 days... Oh the pressure!

For those of you who do not know us... My beloved cast of characters:

There is me - Mary/Mom (46)

thumb_IMG_8225_1024.jpg

Ross/Daddy (47)

IMG_6923.jpg

Julia (14)

thumb_IMG_0515_1024.jpg

Hope (7)

thumb_STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR2_7499471879_1024 2.jpg

Our past adventures include:

September 2013 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-this-is-autism-when-you-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/

September 2014 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/honey-i-blew-up-the-magic-band-completed.892800/

September 2015 Trip

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-hopping-a-september-2015-trip-report.905518/

One Day I'll figure out how to put them in the signature.

Our next trip brings us to the WDW September 12-24 - it will be our longest trip ever! It is filled with lots of our favorites and some exciting firsts.

Like I said, today we are at the 55 day mark; however, I think I need to backtrack just a little bit...

To everyone reading - welcome aboard!

Ready... Set... Here we go!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Something I forgot about moving our dates...

We found out in the fall, that friends of ours are going to WDW 9/7-9/16. Julia, of course, was so excited about the chance to spend time in WDW with friends. This is actually the third time that friends of ours overlap our travel to WDW, but we have never been able to hook up for one reason or another. But this time we had actually started to make some serious plans - when "Small World" brought "big" change.

However we will still overlap for 2 days so we are going to make an attempt to plan some time together.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
February 2016

Jet Blue released their flights so we had to decide if we were going to keep our plan. Turns out, yes, Ross was on board. The plan was that Julia, Hope and I will drive to the airport and park in long term parking and then my sister would drive Ross out to the airport two days later. We would all return on the same flight home. Flights confirmed. Budget tight – but squeaking in. Then Ross asked an interesting question. “What are you guys going to eat?” Ah… food! Our dining plan would not kick in until we checked into Riverside. So for the time we were at POP, we would have no food plan. I didn’t find it too much of a big deal. I could pack enough snacks to last and we could just split a couple of meals at the food court. For me, it was settled. But for my husband, his wheels started to turn.

He called and asked how much it would be just to add the QS to our room only. It was over $200. No way, it would expire before we could use it all and there’s no way we need all that food for 2 days! “You know,” he began, “If you guys stay at Riverside the extra 2 days, we could just add it on to our package. We wouldn’t need extra park tickets, but we would get the extra free dining credits and you guys could eat what you want those 2 days.” He called of course and found out, it wasn’t that much to switch it.

While his plan seemed brilliant, I suddenly realized why we were staying at POP in the first place. I glanced at Julia who once again looked like a deflated balloon. We can’t do it – we are forgetting why we are going to POP without you in the first place.

In the meantime, I was online, showing pictures of Riverside to Julia who made a decision that it reminded her of her beloved River Country. So somehow, we came to a compromise. We would fly out and spend one night at POP swimming and exploring and eating the snacks and food we packed with us. Then the next morning we would move to Riverside and have a day of swimming there and at FQ – since you are allowed to do that. Our package would be activated so we could get our mugs and eat from our dining plan. Ross would fly in the following day and we would begin our playtime in the parks.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
By mid-February I was anxious for the park hours to post. On February 15th, my wait was over. The unofficial hours were posted! Let the planning begin!! I think the next best thing to a WDW trip is planning for it. I know a lot of people dislike having to pick a restaurant six months in advance, but I don’t mind it – it’s just part of the grand adventure.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

On February 18th, my husband asked, “Did you hear what starts on September 14th?” I, who thought he was being a wise guy responded, “your vacation.” But no, apparently, the announcement was made the Food & Wine Festival would start on September 14th this year. I am not happy! We caught the opening day of F&W a couple of years ago and it was horrible – it got soooo crowded. I know it’s cool to be there during F&W – but I would prefer a quiet park. Honestly, if we haden’t booked our flights, I think I would have sacrificed IASW and moved our trip back to its original dates.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
200 days to go…

IMG_4101.JPG
IMG_4104.JPG

ADRs look like this:

Breakfast

Norway AKA The Frozen Pavillion

Play & Dine

Chrystal Palace

Chef Mickey’s

Sci-Fi

BOG

Dinner:

Germany

50's Primetime Cafe

O’hanna

Via Napoli

Garden Grill

WCC or 1900 Park Fare

I still am unsure if IASW will be under refurbishment, F&W is still bothering me and now more sad news… BTMR announced it will push back refurbishment to the time when we are there! Insert sad face here!

Oh well - I'm doing too much complaining for a Disney Trip!

Figgy1

Premium Member
200 days to go…

View attachment 152501 View attachment 152502

ADRs look like this:

Breakfast

Norway AKA The Frozen Pavillion

Play & Dine

Chrystal Palace

Chef Mickey’s

Sci-Fi

BOG

Dinner:

Germany

50's Primetime Cafe

O’hanna

Via Napoli

Garden Grill

WCC or 1900 Park Fare

I still am unsure if IASW will be under refurbishment, F&W is still bothering me and now more sad news… BTMR announced it will push back refurbishment to the time when we are there! Insert sad face here!

Oh well - I'm doing too much complaining for a Disney Trip!
I feel you pain Dinosaur is down for our whole trip and BTMRR is going down for our second week.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I am not happy! We caught the opening day of F&W a couple of years ago and it was horrible – it got soooo crowded. I know it’s cool to be there during F&W – but I would prefer a quiet park.

Never been there during F&W, but I would have no interest in that festival. I also prefer less crowded times. The Flower & Garden Festival in May is a very nice time to visit.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Never been there during F&W, but I would have no interest in that festival. I also prefer less crowded times. The Flower & Garden Festival in May is a very nice time to visit.

I think we definitely would have changed our dates if we didn't have our airfare booked. Julia would love to go during Flower & Garden but not a good time of year for us.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
195 Days to go...

Around the same time as I found out we would not be riding the wildest ride in the wilderness, WDW made announcement that ROL in AK would open in April – so most certainly AK would be a nighttime park for when we are there in September. Only one thing, they haven’t adjusted the times yet. I supposed they will not until ROL officially opens in April. But at this point being 190 days from ADRs, I would have liked to know the official hours.

190 Days to go...

Purple Magic bands are here! I went online and changed Julia and my Magicband color to purple. Magic bands have been a contentious issue around here because Julia and I were thinking of getting a character band. Of course, Ross has no idea why someone would pay for something that was not needed. But now, since purple is in the equation, maybe that will do.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
So you have to wait 190 days! It will be there before toy know it! We hit the 80 day mark today! Following along and thanks for sharing! Enjoy the pre feelings!

We are actually 49 days out today - but I had to do some "backtracking" for my pre-trip report! lol Thanks for following along! Enjoying reading your TR. It's comforting to see your teen daughter still has a great time with mom & dad!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Okay so real time we are at 49 days to go!

But let's go back to...

180 Days to go!

IMG_0449.JPG

I woke up late – 6:20 – lol Actually, I wasn’t too worried. I usually don’t have trouble making ADR’s. I made my coffee, got my schedule and settled at the kitchen table with MDE. I was happy that I was able to take care of everything without having to make a phone call.

I got everything I wanted. Funny, we are still debating on one of our dinners, so I made a reservation BOG for dinner. I hear everyone taking about Sanaa and I really want to try it. But my family is the NOT the adventurous eaters so I don't think it will happen.

At some point, I heard that ROL would not be ready to go in April and when they said they would be replacing it with a Jungle Book themed show, I figured we had no shot of seeing it in September. However, I was glad that there was a replacement and that the other nighttime experiences would still be operating.

Times for AK still had not been updated, so I had to guess around what I thought would happen.

Around the same time, Julia did her public presentation on EPCOT.

IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

She advanced to District with it - I thought it was really good. She taught me a lot about EPCOT and Walt's original vision.

Spring flew by...

IMG_0514.JPG

...and summer is so busy!

One day Ross asked me if I made my Fastpasses yet. OMG – did I forget? No – big sigh – but it was coming soon. My friend also kept reminding me – she was going first but since they are staying off site, she would have to book them day by day.

I made all our fast passes being sure to get Frozen for 2 of our days in EPCOT. Hope cheated and watched the YouTube video of the ride. She is not the biggest Frozen fan, but she is EXCITED to ride it! She keeps saying, "The vikings disappeared and Frozen is here!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom