Pre-Trip I Feel Like I'm Forgetting Something... Where's Your Father?

55 Days to go...

Yes, it took me 10 months to finish last year's TR, let's see if I can finish this Pre-Trip Report in 55 days... Oh the pressure!

For those of you who do not know us... My beloved cast of characters:

There is me - Mary/Mom (46)

thumb_IMG_8225_1024.jpg

Ross/Daddy (47)

IMG_6923.jpg

Julia (14)

thumb_IMG_0515_1024.jpg

Hope (7)

thumb_STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR2_7499471879_1024 2.jpg

Our past adventures include:

September 2013 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-this-is-autism-when-you-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/

September 2014 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/honey-i-blew-up-the-magic-band-completed.892800/

September 2015 Trip

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-hopping-a-september-2015-trip-report.905518/

One Day I'll figure out how to put them in the signature.

Our next trip brings us to the WDW September 12-24 - it will be our longest trip ever! It is filled with lots of our favorites and some exciting firsts.

Like I said, today we are at the 55 day mark; however, I think I need to backtrack just a little bit...

To everyone reading - welcome aboard!

Ready... Set... Here we go!

Scoppin

Going to be there about the same time, Sept 15-23, with my two. Maybe our paths will cross.

It is their first trip there and currently a surprise. And hoping to keep it that way until we drive up.

It has been some time since I have been there, about 40 years, and a lot has changed not to mention in regards to planning. I have done some major research for this and I don't think it has stopped yet.

Have a great trip.

Last edited:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Going to be there about the same time, Sept 15-23, with my two. Maybe our paths will cross.

It is there first trip there and currently a surprise. And hoping to keep it that way until we drive up.

It has been some time since I have been there, about 40 years, and a lot has changed not to mention in regards to planning. I have done some major research for this and I don't think it has stopped yet.

Have a great trip.

Thank you! I think your surprise is going to be awesome! I look forward to reading about it. I don't think you can ever research too much for a Disney trip! If you see us - please say hi!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
So here's a question for you guys...

We have a ADR for Via Napoli for dinner one night (Julia's request) and I'm assuming we will all have pizza. Since we are on the dinning plan, is it possible to just order 2 pizzas and split them between the four of us and save two of our other credits for another dinner? Or will we each have to order individual pizzas?

Figment Forever

Original Poster
49 Days to go...

So I demanded my family wear "family shirts" one day this year. Amazon had a lightning deal a month or so ago, so I purchased 4 matching shirts. I don't think Ross is too thrilled with the design. He was never on board with the "family theme" shirts in the first place. I was surprised when he suggested that I ask a friend of mine who designs t-shirts to create something for our trip. (She does most of 4-H team shirts for our special events.)

Last edited:

FlaggNL

We are actually 49 days out today - but I had to do some "backtracking" for my pre-trip report! lol Thanks for following along! Enjoying reading your TR. It's comforting to see your teen daughter still has a great time with mom & dad!

Thanks! She loves Disney as much as we do :) And she will still join us this October and in 2017! And she is no more a teenager next December :) And of course thanks for reading the TR! 45 days is even better than 90 :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
49 Days to go...

So I demanded my family wear "family shirts" one day this year. Amazon had a lightning deal a month or so ago, so I purchased 4 matching shirts. I don't think Ross is too thrilled with the design. He was never on board with the "family theme" shirts in the first place. I was surprised when he suggested that I ask a of mine friend who designs t-shirts to create something for our trip. (She does most of 4-H team shirts for our special events.)
Sympathy like. I hope the grumasaurous comes around we're doing several themed clothing days.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So here's a question for you guys...

We have a ADR for Via Napoli for dinner one night (Julia's request) and I'm assuming we will all have pizza. Since we are on the dinning plan, is it possible to just order 2 pizzas and split them between the four of us and save two of our other credits for another dinner? Or will we each have to order individual pizzas?
I had lunch at Via Napoli today and asked for you. :) Unfortunately, you cannot share individual pizzas on the DDP. Each person needs to order their own pizza (or entree) and use a TS credit.

If you pay cash (as Em and I did) two can share an individual cheese pizza for $18.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I had lunch at Via Napoli today and asked for you. :) Unfortunately, you cannot share individual pizzas on the DDP. Each person needs to order their own pizza (or entree) and use a TS credit.

If you pay cash (as Em and I did) two can share an individual cheese pizza for $18.

You are AWESOME! Thanks so much for asking for me.

I checked out the menu again and I think we could order 2 pizzas and then a salad to share. Hope could have some spaghetti - since she is probably the only child who doesn't like pizza!

I wasn't really looking forward to this ADR, but after seeing some pictures in TR's - I think I am changing my mind.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
47 Days to go...

Today I made sure our Magic Band orders were set. I know I have some time, but I didn't want to get busy and then miss the cut off. I also did Online check-in, set up Magical Express and purchased Memory Maker.

I am torn if I should request a Mansion room versus a Bayou room or no request at all. I like the Mansion theme better and it seems you get less drawer space in the Bayou room. But then I think maybe I should just see where Disney puts us. I always request a 1st floor room for Hope - works better for us.

I can't believe that I can't remember what type room we stayed in while on our honeymoon, of course that was 24 years ago... I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast some days. lol

I also switched a few of our ADR's around. I am giving up on my hope to eat at Sanaa and made a lunch ADR for Tusker House. We have never had lunch here - only breakfast. Can I count that as something new?

Julia and I are trying to figure out what resorts we want to check out our first two days. I know we will only have time for a couple - so hard to decide! Any suggestions?

I am working on an itinerary for Hope. It helped her so much last year! She is so excited - its awesome to see. I don't even have to tell her how many days - she tells me! She is in charge of our countdown calendar. I remember when we arrived home last year, she made me restart it at 355 days and now we are at 47!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We were thinking about that as we have never really been in the resorts other than to eat. Of course, Ross said we could do the monorail "look" hop. lol

For the budget-minded vacation traveler, (aka, peasants like moi :p ) some years ago I did a QS crawl on the monorail loop. I started at Gasparilla's at the GF for lunch, then over to the Poly for a Dole Whip for dessert, and then finally over to the Contemporary for coffee at their coffee bar. It wasn't exactly 5 Star dining, but it was fun! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom