Hybrid Lands: Disney/Universal Edition (join the fun!) (open brainstorming)

MickeyMouse10

the_springfield_skyline_in_the_simpsons.jpg

eat-my-shorts.png

Now onto the two studios parks that debuted around the same time in the late 80’s and early 90’s. … Universal Studios and Hollywood Studios. There seems to be a rivalry between the two parks. Because some say that Eisner blatantly stole the idea for MGM/Hollywood, which he did. And was only able to get it out before his competitor because they already owned the land and didn’t need certain permits. Ever since those days the two parks have been linked the most out of all the parks. So I figured it would be fun to randomly take areas of the 2 parks for my ideas and then put them together. Here we go with ….. Studio Mashup number 1. …. Springfield and Hollywood Boulevard.

Springfield Town Hall (similar to the Chinese Theater)

This would be one of the landmarks of the park. It will house the E-ticket listed below involving Homer Simpson. In front of the building will be a park area like the one seen in the show, with the Jebediah Springfield statue. Thankfully he will still have his head in this version of the statue.

MV5BMmQ4Njc0MjUtZjI4Yi00YTZjLTg3MmYtMzNlMWMzZmMzZjg1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Springfield Tours (similar to Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway and Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride)

Homer has been laid off from the plant so he decides to become an Uber driver. He gets the idea when he drives a drunk Barney home from Moe’s Tavern and Barney mistakenly pays him. The only problem is Homer, much like his friend might be a bit of an alcoholic as well.

So prepare for the ride of your life as you get driven all throughout Springfield, via the scenic route. Putting many of the other town’s residents in peril with Homer’s reckless driving. … Eventually though you come to your destination (The Springfield Mall), by coincidence or sheer dumb luck.

Stores and more

The Simpson’s house
Krusty Burger

The Android’s Dungeon
Springfield Mall
Moe’s Tavern

Kwik e Mart
The Itchy and Scratchy Store
Lard Lad Donuts

Rambozo

That would actually be pretty cool, I would have never thought of it.

The main attraction seems fun too, but it kinda glorifies being drunk though. Too often nowadays drinking and driving is used as a joke on shows like South Park and the Simpsons.

There's always a way around this subject.

It could always end with Homer crashing, just to show that you shouldn't drink and drive.

Snow Queen 83

Why stop at a single section, The Simpsons could honestly be a whole theme park. I'm a real big fan of the show, it has really been a big part of my life, especially the holiday episodes. I was a wee one when I first started watching them.

That's an interesting idea. The Simpsons have even spoofed the idea in their show. For example, instead of the 7 Dwarfs, they have the 7 Duffs. The Duffs' names are Tipsy, Queasy, Surly, Sleazy, Edgy, Dizzy and Remorseful.

RunForestRun

I don't see why Universal would give up Marvel for the rights to The Simpsons. Marvel has been way more successful the past 10 years. It has only dipped down since they made it the M-She-U.

Miru

I don't see why Universal would give up Marvel for the rights to The Simpsons. Marvel has been way more successful the past 10 years. It has only dipped down since they made it the M-She-U.
There have been plenty of male-led Marvel films & shows; does that make them the M-He-U? Of course being gay, Jewish, too recent in terms of actual comic appearance, etc. makes them “no longer male” apparently according to some.

The only true M-She-U stuff are She-Hulk (who at least looks like her normal self) and The Marvels. And the worst Marevl media are… non-M-She-U. Either they’re not on the MCU or they’re male led and thus M-He-U.

Maybe they’re doing this on purpose to devalue Marvel and force Universal to give it up?

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
There have been plenty of male-led Marvel films & shows; does that make them the M-He-U? Of course being gay, Jewish, too recent in terms of actual comic appearance, etc. makes them “no longer male” apparently according to some.

The only true M-She-U stuff are She-Hulk (who at least looks like her normal self) and The Marvels. And the worst Marevl media are… non-M-She-U. Either they’re not on the MCU or they’re male led and thus M-He-U.

Maybe they’re doing this on purpose to devalue Marvel and force Universal to give it up?
Now that is a theory.
A THEME PARK THEORY
I still miss MatPat

RunForestRun

Big difference. Captain America, Iron Man and the other male characters are all popular (in the movies and comics). Because they tend to be likable and not Karens or Mary Sues.

While most of the female characters either are not popular (Miss Marvel, America Chavez, Ironheart, Echo, Agatha Harkness, Eternals and Photon), take over a Male show or Movie (Dr. Strange 2, Thor Love and Thunder, Wakanda Forever, Loki, Hawkeye, Moon Knight and Secret Invasion), they ruin the characters and make them unlikable (Scarlet Witch and She-Hulk) or heck they even gender swap characters completely (Taskmaster and Scarlet Scarab).

Miru

Big difference. Captain America, Iron Man and the other male characters are all popular (in the movies and comics). Because they tend to be likable and not Karens or Mary Sues.

While most of the female characters either are not popular (Miss Marvel, America Chavez, Ironheart, Echo, Agatha Harkness, Eternals and Photon), take over a Male show or Movie (Dr. Strange 2, Thor Love and Thunder, Wakanda Forever, Loki, Hawkeye, Moon Knight and Secret Invasion), they ruin the characters and make them unlikable (Scarlet Witch and She-Hulk) or heck they even gender swap characters completely (Taskmaster and Scarlet Scarab).
There were male Eternals, most of them were useless and one was evil though.

Dr Strange 2 had a female antagonist and by that logic they’ve been taking over since Ragnarok at least. That had a female villain too. Loki managed to reclaim his show in Season 2. Secret Invasion was never gendered. The female Thor died at the end of Love & Thunder.

Soon, Sony will become Son-She-y with their next movie, right?

MickeyMouse10

precious-broadway-royalty-free-image-1584035379.jpg

kerney-script-personal-use-regular.png

A combination of New York at Universal and Sunset Boulevard at Hollywood. The beginning of it would be very Broadway like, but it would transition to the 33rd and 34th Street areas.

MBDKIKO_EC012.jpg

King Kong: The 8th Wonder of the World (similar to Tower of Terror)

While visiting Historic New York City you board an elevator that is going to the top of the Empire States Building. Unfortunately for you you’ve picked the wrong time to visit. Because there is a large ape on the loose who also wants to scale the building as well.

Ghostbusters: Spooktacular (similar to Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage)

This is a stageshow based on the 1984 Action Comedy Classic. With special effects that will astound guests and leave them gasping to the very end. In it our unlikely heroes fight off a gaggle of ghosts. Including a delicious looking, but very huge Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

Twister: Stormchaser (similar to Rock n Rollercoaster)

In this super fast rollercoaster ride experience you became a stormchaser like our heroes in the film. You start off by jumping into Bill Paxton’s truck and zooming around chasing tornadoes. All in the name of fun… and science of course. See Cows fly, a Drive-in theater get destroyed, Drive through a house and at one point even get picked by a huge Twister. Featuring songs from Goo Goo Dolls, Shania Twain and Van Halen.

Restaurants

Louie’s (from The Godfather)
Empire Diner (from Home Alone 2 and Men in Black)
Katz’s Delicatessen (from When Harry Met Sally)
Monk’s Cafe (from Seinfeld)
Central Perk (from Friends)
Serendipity (from Serendipity)

Streetmosphere

The Ghostbusters, The Blues Brothers and Hashtag the Panda

WaltWiz1901

What would you include in an Adventureland/Fantasyland hybrid land?
As opposed to just doing Neverland, I'm thinking about something I call FantaSea, with these films represented within:
  • Peter Pan
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Moana

Going for a more suburban angle, perhaps any of these for size:
  • Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros
  • The Emperor's New Groove
  • Lilo & Stitch
  • UP
  • Encanto

MickeyMouse10

As opposed to just doing Neverland, I'm thinking about something I call FantaSea, with these films represented within:
  • Peter Pan
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Moana

Going for a more suburban angle, perhaps any of these for size:
  • Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros
  • The Emperor's New Groove
  • Lilo & Stitch
  • UP
  • Encanto

Awesome!

I love the name. It really fits the combination of the two lands perfectly.

RunForestRun

Twister: Stormchaser (similar to Rock n Rollercoaster)

In this super fast rollercoaster ride experience you became a stormchaser like our heroes in the film. You start off by jumping into Bill Paxton’s truck and zooming around chasing tornadoes. All in the name of fun… and science of course. See Cows fly, a Drive-in theater get destroyed, Drive through a house and at one point even get picked by a huge Twister. Featuring songs from Goo Goo Dolls, Shania Twain and Van Halen.

Yeah, as long as it's in its own section like Rock n is. Because it definitely isn't New York.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom