Hybrid Lands: Disney/Universal Edition (join the fun!) (open brainstorming)

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
1 +1 = 2, red + blue = purple, Lion + tiger = liger.

But what does Adventureland + Fantasyland equal?

That, and a few other questions, will be answered in this fun little brain exercise, where I (and you guys too) will be combining two Disney or Universal theme park lands into one, think Freaky Friday but less scary.
Feel free to suggest my next hybrid land combination. The weirder, the better!

First one: Adventureland + Fantasyland

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Adventureland + Fantasyland equals….

NEVERLAND
IMG_5282.jpeg

Where would this go? I have no idea, it could work for Hong Kong (replacing Toy Story), or it could work for a new castle park.

Possible Attractions:
Peter Pan’s Flight 2.0 (think Shanghai’s version)
Neverland Trails: Playground/walkthrough attraction similar to Tom Sawyer
Pixie Hollow
Some sort of Pirates-like boat ride themed to Captain Hook

This land could also contain that pirate ship restaurant that used to operate at Disneyland, and some sort of snack place themed to the fairies.

Before we go on to the next combined land, I have to ask a question (I might ask this question for each concept)

What would you include in an Adventureland/Fantasyland hybrid land?

MickeyMouse10

1 +1 = 2, red + blue = purple, Lion + tiger = liger.

But what does Adventureland + Fantasyland equal?

That, and a few other questions, will be answered in this fun little brain exercise, where I (and you guys too) will be combining two Disney or Universal theme park lands into one, think Freaky Friday but less scary.
Feel free to suggest my next hybrid land combination. The weirder, the better!

First one: Adventureland + Fantasyland

Great idea, I've never thought of that before.

My Peter Pan/Pirates attraction would fit in perfectly with this section. I've got that one planned for Dark Dominion in the Lonestar thread.

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
The next two lands I’ll be mashing together is a super weird one….here’s a hint: one of the oldest Disney theme park lands and one of the newest Disney theme parks

(and from now on, I’m using a random number generator to decide what combinations I’ll be making)

MickeyMouse10

The next two lands I’ll be mashing together is a super weird one….here’s a hint: one of the oldest Disney theme park lands and one of the newest Disney theme parks

(and from now on, I’m using a random number generator to decide what combinations I’ll be making)

Cool!

So Neverland... would it have all Adventureland inspired attractions? Since you're using a Fantasyland character?

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Cool!

So Neverland... would it have all Adventureland inspired attractions? Since you're using a Fantasyland character?
That’s up to the creator, some of these land mashups (actually, many of them) are pretty open-ended, for others you have to get really creative (this is kinda why this is ”open brainstorming”)
(I lied, not all future hybrid lands will be created using rng)
I might also use defunct lands and I plan to do Universal Studios land mashups

Goofy Ninja

Sounds interesting, you could always take the alternate route and make Fantasyland rides out of Adventureland ones as well.

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
The next one is…..
Star Wars Galaxy's Edge + Main Street USA

TATOOINE STREET

IMG_5283.jpeg

There’s only one place where this could go: some sort of Star Wars theme park (which is something that I will never make because I’m not a big fan of this IP).

Possible Attractions:
Star Wars Vehicles
Jedi Training Academy
Princess Leia’s Castle/Death Star weenie?
Droid shops
Lightsaber shops
Same restaurants as SWGE
An attraction from that land?
Star Tours?

Other ideas?​

MickeyMouse10

The next one is…..
Star Wars Galaxy's Edge + Main Street USA

TATOOINE STREET

View attachment 726200
There’s only one place where this could go: some sort of Star Wars theme park (which is something that I will never make because I’m not a big fan of this IP).

Possible Attractions:
Star Wars Vehicles
Jedi Training Academy
Princess Leia’s Castle/Death Star weenie?
Droid shops
Lightsaber shops
Same restaurants as SWGE
An attraction from that land?
Star Tours?

Other ideas?​

I'm still working on Neverland.

MickeyMouse10

3919414.jpg

pirate-kids.png

Peter Pan and the Search for Tiger Lily (similar to Pirates of the Caribbean)

See the pirates in a village and find the Indian Princess Tiger Lily. And bring her safely home to her father the Chief. Who resides at an Indian Camp at the edge of Neverland.

Pirate Cruise (similar to Jungle Cruise)

Venture down Cannibal Cove and Crocodile Creek with a pirate as your guide. See the local creatures who reside in Neverland and visit famous historical sites like The Hanging Tree.

Jolly Rogers Flight (similar to Aladdin’s Magic Carpets)

Just like at the end of the movie the famous pirate ship takes flight.

Tinkerbell’s Forest Adventure (similar to Peter Pan’s Flight)

A Classic Fantasyland style dark ride where you see Tink and all her fairy friends in their natural habitat.

Lost Boys Hideout (similar to Swiss Family Robinson’s Treehouse)

See where the motley crew of young misfits reside. Shoot off cannons like the one they almost killed Wendy with and see the different areas where they sleep… and wrestle.

Mermaid Lagoon (similar to Enchanted Tiki Room)

Listen to the mermaids, mermen and fish sing Tropical style songs.

Restaurants

Neverland Cafe
Captain Hook’s Galley
Skull Rock Restaurant
Pixie Hollow Refreshments (which serves Peter Pan Floats (Lime Dole Whips))
Walk the Plank (which serves Coconut and Banana Swirls)

Miru

Adventureland + Fantasyland combo = Mystic Jungle.

(Decided to not do an IP land; a classic IP land is still an IP land and shouldn’t get a free pass.)

Mystic Jungle features several types of attractions, from “Mr. Toad’s Jungle Expedition” to “The Enchanted Tiki Room: Aloha e Komo Mai!”, that occupy several niches. “Mr. Toad’s Jungle Expedition” is a fairly wild indoor-outdoor buggy ride about his latest fascination; dinosaurs! Ride through different wacky scenes complete with commentary from your skipper. “Wrath of the Wicked Witch” is a ride of a much more intense sort; taking everything scary about Scary Adventures and cranking it up with an enhanced ride system. The Seven Dwarfs have discovered that their old rivals the Glooms have had a problem at their jungle camp out, it turns out Grimhilde wants their artifacts to gain unlimited power, so they entrust these artifacts to the Dwarfs for the time being. Too bad Grimhilde won’t take no for an answer.

Last edited:

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Minion Land + Jurassic Park equals…
JURASSIC DOMINION
IMG_5285.jpeg

Where could this go? Any universal park

What rides could go here?

New spin on Minion Mayhem
Flat rides
Minion River Adventure (themed to Minions film duology)
Villain Con?
Raptor Encounter
Camp Minion
Velocicoaster but themed to a high speed chase scene from the movie (or theme it to Gru)
Banana/fart gun ride

Yeah, this one is really weird, who knows what’s next?

Submit your own ideas for this (and other hypothetical combinations of Disney/Universal lands) in the comments section below

MickeyMouse10

Minion Land + Jurassic Park equals…
JURASSIC DOMINION
View attachment 726594
Where could this go? Any universal park

What rides could go here?

New spin on Minion Mayhem
Flat rides
Minion River Adventure (themed to Minions film duology)
Villain Con?
Raptor Encounter
Camp Minion
Velocicoaster but themed to a high speed chase scene from the movie (or theme it to Gru)
Banana/fart gun ride

Yeah, this one is really weird, who knows what’s next?

Submit your own ideas for this (and other hypothetical combinations of Disney/Universal lands) in the comments section below

LOL, Now that's thinking outside the box.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom