Hybrid Lands: Disney/Universal Edition (join the fun!) (open brainstorming)

MickeyMouse10

491420_poster.jpg
616887_poster.jpg

ding-o-saurs.png
dinopia-light.png
ding-o-saurs.png

The two kingdoms Magic and Animal will be what I cover next. Starting with the first sections on opposite sides of their parks. ... Adventureland and Dinoland. This section will have a wide arrange of different dinosaurs throughout Disney history. From bombs to successes, from television to the big screen.

Rare%20DL%20Discovery%20Bay%20dino.jpg

The Lost River Rapids (similar to Jungle Cruise)

Based on an attraction that almost went in Disneyland. Instead of the usual animals you see in the jungle cruise you would see of course Dinosaurs. With ones very much like the ones you would see in the attraction “Dinosaur” and the Disney movie it was based on.

iceage30920.jpg

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (similar to Pirates of the Caribbean)

Follow the Ice Age gang as they encounter these new creatures vastly bigger than them. Sid, the comic relief of the series has yet another one of his ill advised plans. As he attempts to adopt three dinosaur eggs. Their angry mother though has different plans. His friends against their better judgment have to rescue him in an unknown underground world.

dinoaurs-disney-plus-1108x0-c-default.jpg

Dinosaurs: Live (similar to Enchanted Tiki Room)

Starring everyone's favorite baby Dinosaur, from his hit ABC tv show. With guest appearances by “Not the Momma” … I mean Earl Sinclair, Charlene, Robbie and Fran.

Trixie’s Triceratop Spin (similar to Aladdin’s Magic Carpets and Triceratop Spin)

Your average run of the mill Aerial Carousel with Trixie from Toy Story 3 as the ride vehicle. It is located right near her best friend Rex's food stand.

tumblr_oq67b3rGSc1ubskn2o9_r1_400.gif

Aladar’s Tree (similar to Swiss Family Robinson)

A tree on Lemur Island where Aladar grew up as a child. It is one of the most known settings from the movie Dinosaur (2000).

Partysaurusposter900.jpg

Restaurant and Snack Places

Rex’s Isle (walkup)

Dino/Spot (walkup)

Sinclair’s (quick service)

and T-Rex Restaurant (table service)

Last edited:

Frankenstein79

I used to love Dinosaurs the show, I used to watch the TGIF lineup every week. What a time! "Full House", "Family Matters" and "Dinosaurs". Even little known shows like "Step by Step" and "Just the Ten of Us" were fun. I can still remember the beginning when the father is stomping through the jungle.

Yep, me too. However my shows and movies I now watch have thankfully gotten more sophisticated.

Miru

The one I'm a wee bit y about is "It's Tough to be a Bug". Zootopia seems like the wrong thing to put in the tree. Not only does the setting not matchup with the film, but they are also human-like animals. Which goes away from what Animal Kingdom the park is all about.
TBF the ABL roster were also human like but at least accurately sized (then again so are the ones in Zootopia) and don’t wear clothes.

MickeyMouse10

natures_wonderland_map.jpg

haberdines.png

Walt really loved America and that showed with some of his early concepts for lands and attractions. So I figured I might as well use some of his and some of my ideas and make a land based on Liberty Square and Asia at Animal Kingdom.

images.ashx

Lewis and Clark Expedition (similar to Kali River Rapids)

“Walt conceived of yet another staggering ride: the Lewis & Clark River Expedition, tracing the unforgettable journey of America’s early explorers as they sought westward passage to the Pacific. At Walt’s request, Marc spent time in 1963 developing draft artwork for such a ride, including guests drifting past moose grazing along the river, black bears hunting for leaping fish, and menacing Indian villages.”

rushmore-scaled.jpg

Mount “What a Rush!” more (similar to Expedition Everest)

Here’s your chance to ride through a president’s mouth in this big patriotic thrill adventure. In between screaming you get to see what the presidents would look like if they formed their own rock band. Abe Lincoln of course would be the Eddie Van Halen of the group.

Freedom Trail (similar to Maharajah Jungle Trek)

Follow the red pathway that leads to various animals indigenous to the U.S. like Bald Eagles, Deers and Bears. The landscaping would also represent the wilderness in this region as well, with certain trees and plants from America. Featuring areas like The Living Desert, Beaver Valley, Bear Country and Cascade Peak.

Mayflower_in_Plymouth_Harbor%2C_by_William_Halsall.jpg

The Mayflower (similar to Liberty Belle Riverboat)

Travel around the Harbor seeing the historical sites that the first Pilgrims may have seen along the way.

Restaurants

Bear and Eagle (table service and walkup)

The Lochness Monsta

It's too bad Disney didn't buy Knotts Berry Farm when they had the chance. That would have been a great American park for them. Of course they would have had to change some stuff, but it would have been awesome.

As long as they kept the fried chicken, I'm sure everyone would be happy with it.

Miru

It's too bad Disney didn't buy Knotts Berry Farm when they had the chance. That would have been a great American park for them. Of course they would have had to change some stuff, but it would have been awesome.

As long as they kept the fried chicken, I'm sure everyone would be happy with it.
That could be a fun “What if” topic here in imagineering; I already have some ideas for tweaks and IP integration rolling ‘n rattling around in my neocortex. A Disney-owned Knott’s would probably have less of those barely themed coasters hanging around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom