How to fight post-Disney trip depression?

Cesar R M

Guys, I really hate you all now, I have the Jammin' parade song stuck in my brain again D:
Pata Pata Pata Pata Pata!!!

I have a Disney room that I tend to and add stuff to. Currently I am painting many Disney character canvases.
ohh, an artist !

Any gallery out there?

I'm currently being tortured...lol...
I'm in Orlando at a conference and Rosen Shingle and honestly, timing money-wise is no good so I can't slip away and go to WDW hit the parks. DTD wouldn't do it...souvenirs and restaurants don't cut it.
My room faces SeaWorld and thankfully I cannot see any WDW from here which is sad and good at the same time, as that would make it worse.

Next year's conference will be held at the Swan and Dolphin and I'm already planning on preparing ahead of time for some free time fun at WDW...which will be the perfect preview to our family's WDW vacation last year.
Yikes.. I think your best bet is making sure you dont get fired while you plan your trip ;)

Redsky89

When I lived in Maryland I would always get the post Disney blues coming home. But I enjoy listening to theme park music on Mouseworld Radio on live365.com and YouTube. I also have been listening to the WDW TODAY podcast for years. Now that I live in Florida the post Disney blues arent as bad but as a true Disney nut I still get them!

WDWVolFan

I'm sitting at the plane right now and it's kind of bittersweet.
Part of me is glad I'm going home to see the family and to stop the feeling of being so close but so far away...
But I'm also a little bummed that I'm going home and won't be close anymore lol
I know that flying in from Georgia I didn't see any WDW during landing...hope to see some during take off but no idea if that's possible because this is the first time I flew here.

RiceCrispyMickey

We went to Disney World for our honeymoon in March 2013 - hadn't been since I was 12 until then!! We had such post- disney blues when we got back to the UK that it only took us about a month to cave in and book a return trip. I've had a countdown clock on my phone ever since which keeps me feeling excited about the trip! Only 45 days to go now eeeee!!!!

Other ways of coping have included watching every disney world related YouTube video we can find and reading every disney world related blog religiously!!!

I dread our return from our next trip as I know we won't be able to afford to go again until at least 2016 :-(

yensid67

YES...fight off post-Disney depression by planning your next trip. THE MOST FUN IS IN PLANNING...so just CONTINUOUSLY plan a Disney trip for you, family or friends! My May 2013 trip I planned for 14 years!!!!! My next trip is December 2017...only 1.327 days left! Seems so far away, but the days will go fast!!!!!!
I to HAD a Disney bedroom, but have since 'grown up' in my theming! I still have Disney things around, just not displayed, whenever I get an itch for Disney, I simply pull out all the pictures from under the bed or pop in the DVD I made and relive my memories!

Tinkerbella16

Every single trip I get Post Disney Depression- it is something I don't look forward to. The last full day of the trip is when it sets in... I have to be alone for a little bit and I just cry. Not sobbing like a baby cry, but I just look around and tears come. When we get on DME to head back to the airport, I cry again. I hate it. The depression lasts about 2 weeks. This past trip in Nov was really rough to come home from. I brought my 7 year old goddaughter for her 1st trip.. we stayed at POR Royal Room and she had an absolute BLAST! She now understands why Aunt Jenny loves wdw so much. She remembers the whole trip and appreciated every minute we were there. She was an angel the whole time. She just made it so memorable and fun so it was THAT much hard to leave.

My trip this year isn't until November and while I am SO EXCITED and happy to be going back.. I am already dreading the end of it and coming home.

What helps me oddly enough is staying off the boards until I know I am going back.. sounds bad but I just can't frequent the boards without knowing I am going and planning a trip again. So I stay off for a while. Other peoples countdowns add to the depression, I must admit lol. I also love watching WDW youtube videos. There are certain channels that I follow each week and that helps a lot!

Spike-in-Berlin

Watch my 18 hours worth of videos I took from my trip
Listen to my park loops on my Mp3 player by Park
Watch all of the old Disney World TV specials on Youtube from days of yore..
And when I really need a feel of being in a theater based attraction I just watch one of the many movie attractions on my 90in movie screen..So whenever I want I can watch Muppet*Vision the way it was intended..
DSC03186_zps1db3dd5b.jpg

18 hours? Wow! And I always thought that I would be the only one insane enough to film homevideos long enough to watch an entire day, from breakfast to dinner and late evening. So far my longest is a little less than 14 hours. What do you videotape to fill 18 hours?

bethymouse

I am on these boards pretty much daily. But, I'll admit that I get depressed even more that I won't be able to go this year. We haven't even thought about next year yet! My DH wanted to go to Myrtle Beach this year with his family.:eek: I know we'll have a good time, but still I will miss my happy place.:(

Cmdr_Crimson

18 hours? Wow! And I always thought that I would be the only one insane enough to film homevideos long enough to watch an entire day, from breakfast to dinner and late evening. So far my longest is a little less than 14 hours. What do you videotape to fill 18 hours?

Atmospheric videos. I'd grab a bite to eat while I'll let my camera do a run as It sat next to me while I filmed, Many of the Dark rides, Just the little things to make me get as close to the world when I need it.

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
Every single trip I get Post Disney Depression- it is something I don't look forward to. The last full day of the trip is when it sets in... I have to be alone for a little bit and I just cry. Not sobbing like a baby cry, but I just look around and tears come. When we get on DME to head back to the airport, I cry again. I hate it. The depression lasts about 2 weeks.

I was like this last time, to be perfectly honest. I'd had a really rough time within the last few months prior to the trip. I had gotten laid off (and therefore, we had to postpone our trip 5 months, boo), then found a new job a few months later, but I was lied to about what I'd be doing for the company, working on a team with people that hated me before they even got to know me, just because of the position I filled.

I'd been anticipating the trip OH SO MUCH, and drove my wife crazy sending her links to look at Disney treats, attraction videos, and random Disney related articles. I didn't realize how much I'd been simply obsessing about the trip until later. Then, on our last day, in Epcot, riding Soarin' for the last time, I had tears in my eyes as our 'glider' landed, and again, on the walk out of the park. We then thought we couldn't return for a few years, so I was even more bummed than usual. My wife teased me about it at first, but then told me on the bus 'home' (i.e. the resort) that she loves how much I love WDW and can't wait to see me introduce our kids (once we have them) to the magic in my own special way. My wife and I agreed that next time, we aren't going to let the depression hit us until we get home. Or so we plan...

Who would've thunk it that I'd be tearing up when leaving WDW when I didn't even want to go the first time my wife and I went?

ZodIsGr8

Mouse World Radio app is another great way to help you through the tough times as well!!!

Watching home videos from past trips!!!!!

Watching YouTube clips of your favorite parts of WDW!!!!!!

Pocahontas

I know that feeling. It's such a shock to be back in the real world, where there's no happy music surrounding you wherever you walk, no cute mice or fluffy ducks taking pictures with you, no elegant castles towering over your town. I think Disney's a place like no other, and it's almost surreal when you're there. When you get back, you have to get used to your non-Disney ways. Which nobody wants to do.

Here's what you can do:
Either eat, breath, and sleep Disney - or pretend it doesn't even exist.
These are both pretty effective. I find that it's hard to be in the middle. You have to go all the way or don't go at all.

Become a Disney addict - listen to Disney music, look at Disney pictures, watch Disney movies, look at videos of Disney rides, pretend or legit plan a vacation, go on Disney websites, etc. This will help quench your thirst and will get you excited about future trips and encourage you to book one.

Or, cut Disney entirely out of your life. Don't do anything Disney related. If you don't think about Disney, you won't miss it. Then, when it comes time to return to Disney, it'll be that much more exciting.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom