How to fight post-Disney trip depression?

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
My wife and I will be returning to our Happy Place for our 3rd Disney trip in December 2014. :happy: I probably don't have to say this, but... we are absolutely THRILLED. :D

That being said, after our 2nd trip in September 2013, we both fell into a deep post-Disney depression :(:depressed::cry::arghh::bawling: and were super bummed to be back home and not in Walt Disney World. The funny thing is, we didn't feel that way after our first trip (sure we missed it, but we weren't depressed). Do any of the rest of you feel this way after you return home from Disney? If so, how do you overcome it? I was so bummed, even the idea of recounting the trip in a TR here on the forums didn't seem appealing. :facepalm: By the way, I will be happy to do a super late TR if there is any interest. :geek:

But I digress... I look forward to your tips/suggestions and will hopefully find something that works!

Lightning McQueen

I think this thread is a great start! At the very least you're going to get a list of people in the same boat as you. I would agree with @kettcobb you have to book your next trip, which is exactly what I have done. Also, watch Disney films, follow Disney inspired social media feeds and generally think Disney thoughts. A Mickey waffle maker also helps enormously!

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
@pumpkin7 We wouldn't normally have our trips so close together; I think part of the depression last time was the thought that our next trip would be a long way away (we thought it would be years before we could return), but we decided we *needed* to go back for our 5 year wedding anniversary. It's going to count as our anniversary, Christmas, and birthday gifts to each other this year.

Csmith041177

You folks are definately my kind of people. Yes, I get severe Disney depression! How do I cope:

Plan for the next trip...even if I have no idea when that will be.
Read any Disney book I can get my hands on.
Come to these boards and talk with all of you!
Look at old Disney pictures and scrapbook. Yes, I scrapbook.
Listen to Disney music.
Watch a Disney movie.

And finally, if you are still obsessed, do what my wife has encouraged me to do...start your own blog. I'm hoping to roll mine out soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom