How to fight post-Disney trip depression?

jlsHouston

When I get back from this next trip, the way I am going to stay off this board so obsessively and not get antsy about the next trip is I am going to go thru all the pics from the last 3 years of trips and make memory books/boxes. Then the next thing I am going to do, is redecorate the guest bath and guest room...and it may end up being Mickey Mouse decor:eek:

UncleMike101

When I get back from this next trip, the way I am going to stay off this board so obsessively and not get antsy about the next trip is I am going to go thru all the pics from the last 3 years of trips and make memory books/boxes. Then the next thing I am going to do, is redecorate the guest bath and guest room...and it may end up being Mickey Mouse decor:eek:
:facepalm:

Michael Shiels

I highly recommend Live365 app and add several Disney channels: Mouse World, Sorcerer Radio, Magic Mouse etc. I listen to these channels each and every day and it was a blessing after our return hom last trip. I do not know how my wife handles it, but she listens right along with me.

Michael Shiels

I also am an Excel junkie so I have a running countdown for our next trip with each day itinerary listed by times and location. I like to adjust and pre-plan even if there is no immediate trip on the horizon.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I love y'all! These are all awesome ideas (including getting lost in the magic a.k.a. thread-jacking).

Speaking of thread-jacking, just how good are these bounceback deals?
Hey I can thread-jack if I want to, it's my thread!

Yes, you can hijack your own thread. I was chastised not by the thread creator, but a participant once.

I understand that sometimes they beat AP/Fla resident offers.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I have booked trips just to book and then sadly have had to cancel when I couldn't go....

:(

WDWVolFan

I'm currently being tortured...lol...
I'm in Orlando at a conference and Rosen Shingle and honestly, timing money-wise is no good so I can't slip away and go to WDW hit the parks. DTD wouldn't do it...souvenirs and restaurants don't cut it.
My room faces SeaWorld and thankfully I cannot see any WDW from here which is sad and good at the same time, as that would make it worse.

Next year's conference will be held at the Swan and Dolphin and I'm already planning on preparing ahead of time for some free time fun at WDW...which will be the perfect preview to our family's WDW vacation last year.

KCheatle

The way I get over it is by constantly reminding myself of these things:
(1) I did everything I wanted do (somethings multiple times), I bought everything I wanted to buy, and I ate everything I wanted to eat. I would get bored if I stayed any longer, and I don't ever want to feel bored in Disney. So, I tell myself that I need to wait to go back when there are new and exciting things for me to experience.
(2) I will go back. Since 2008, my family has gone back on average every year to 18 months. Sometimes sooner, sometimes a little later. But, we always have and always will go back, so it's not like it's the last time I'll ever see it.
(3) I get a little reprieve from the constant travel-budgeting. Although I love Disney, it takes up a lot of energy to plan and budget everything. Week to week, from the moment I book, I am calculating how much money I need to put toward the trip and I'm cautiously considering every purchase and comparing the price to what I need to pay for Disney. It's nice to have a little break from that for awhile after we get home :)

Brickcity Pauly

I'm in Orlando at a conference and Rosen Shingle and honestly, timing money-wise is no good so I can't slip away and go to WDW hit the parks. DTD wouldn't do it...souvenirs and restaurants don't cut it.
My room faces SeaWorld and thankfully I cannot see any WDW from here which is sad and good at the same time, as that would make it worse.

Next year's conference will be held at the Swan and Dolphin and I'm already planning on preparing ahead of time for some free time fun at WDW...which will be the perfect preview to our family's WDW vacation last year.

That would drive me crazy. I'd sell a organ to get into MK if I were you.

Ironace

I could never get board at wdw. There is just way too much to do and experience. Only if there was enough $$$ to so it all

Britt

OMG that is torture!!!! :(

Mr Anderson

Original Poster

Ohhhhh I feel your pain, man! I had to go to a conference in Orlando back in January, at apparently the exact same hotel your conference is being held at. The schedule was so jam-packed (6am-10pm) all the days of the conference I couldn't slip away, and even if I had, I couldn't justify spending $100 just for a couple hours alone at MK. Plus, my wife would have KILLED me for going without her.

Stay strong, brother.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Coming from WDW is the worst! I'm a bit lucky in having Disneyland just up the road, but I can't help but long for those 43 square miles of awesomeness anytime I'm there. Listening to Disney music, reading my old trip reports, looking at pics from previous trips, and spending time on Disney fan sites/message boards definitely helps while waiting for that next trip.

BigTxEars

Ohhhhh I feel your pain, man! I had to go to a conference in Orlando back in January, at apparently the exact same hotel your conference is being held at. The schedule was so jam-packed (6am-10pm) all the days of the conference I couldn't slip away, and even if I had, I couldn't justify spending $100 just for a couple hours alone at MK. Plus, my wife would have KILLED me for going without her.

Stay strong, brother.

Me too, we go twice a year for work, March and August. But really no time to go to the parks. The company did rent AK one night for us. It was dark and really cold so we did not stay long. But even walking thru the airport in Orlando makes me sad when the family is not there to go to WDW :(

We are going to Denver this year in August instead of Orlando so I will not have to be sad this year at least :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom