How Much Do Guests $$ SPEND $$ At WDW??

justducky78

I need to clarify that we (my wife and I) always stay at deluxe resorts and eat at the signature establishments on property (that’s our preference). As such we typically spend around $5200.00 for 7 days. Sometimes more if we are staying on the monorail loop and not at AKL.

Same here. With airfare, tickets, restaurants, rental car and deluxe resort for 10 days, we normally spend around $5000 for two adults.

The Mom

Premium Member
I usually drop about $1,000 - $1500 for 3-4 people for a long weekend.

Room - anywhere from 200- 350/night, depending upon rates. for total of 400 (low end, 2 nights) up to 1050 (high end, 3 nights) I refuse to pay more than $350/night for a hotel room!
Dinners (full sevice 1/day...$100-125 for total of 300 or so)
Other meals $60 -100/dayx 2-3
Evening at AK - admission x3 plus drinks around $150

This does not include admissions, since that amount varies depending upon when our APs or FL residents passes have to be renewed.

I drive, so I haven't included travel expenses, but I'd guess around $30-40 for gas.

I COULD do it for much, much less, but choose not to. (I could always sleep on the floor at mkt's pad, but I DON"T THINK SO! :lol: )

I could also stay at a relative's house, but I HATE to commute. I would much rather stay on site, and either walk or take WDW transportation. Especially after an evening at the AK. :lookaroun

LoriMistress

For our trip from November 9th to 15th 2003 we bought our hotel/tickets/airfair through Expedia and spent $1,877.16 (7 PH Water Park & More tickets/ASMu). On top of that we paid $56 for Mears and hand $750 to our name (food/suvineers/etc.) So total on the trip was ($1933.16 if you don't include food/suvineers); $2683.16, which wasn't bad...for a first time.

This time around:

* Our airfair will be free since my parents are paying for our roundtrip flight for a Christmas present.
* Two Adults 10 Day PH Tickets for $529
* Four PI tickets total $68; Two DQ tickets total $58.
* 11 night stay at Pop Century $65.60 per night; total $811.80
* Cirque Du Soleil® La NouBa two adult tickets total $152.
* MVMCP (total four adult tickets) $170.20.
* Happy Limo roundtrip Towncar service total (including fees & tip) $160

Total costs (not including food and suvineers): $1949!!!!

If I didn't spend the extra money on PI, DQ, MVMCP, or Cirque Du Soleil tickets...I know I would be saving more money...but I wouldn't be having as much fun. :king:

rolm

We come in at $4500 to $5000 for a 8 night stay. That includes 4 adults (2 adults, 14, and 12 year old), taxi to airport and back, air tickets, moderate hotel, food, drinks, shows, tickets, and misc. Not cheap but worth the money for us.

The Mom

Premium Member
When people look at the total expense, they should compare it to a similar vacation.

Since we live in FL, we NEVER spend a whole week. I think we once spent 4 nights there, which was our longest trip.

BUT...we used to spend a week skiing at various resorts over the years. When we factored in airfare, hotel/condo rentals, shuttle or car rentals to get to our resorts, lift tickets, equipment rental, meals, etc it was easily as expensive( if not more) than a trip to WDW for others. If you add in ski school (which you had to have for your young children if you wanted to do any adult skiing) and a trip to WDW becomes very affordable.

Then, if you factor in the cost of my "blown out knee" WDW is a real bargain. :ROFLOL:

d'Isigny

I've been on other vacations...other "amusement" parks...and comparatively...Disney is the best value...and always worth every penny to me...

When people look at the total expense, they should compare it to a similar vacation.

Since we live in FL, we NEVER spend a whole week. I think we once spent 4 nights there, which was our longest trip.

BUT...we used to spend a week skiing at various resorts over the years. When we factored in airfare, hotel/condo rentals, shuttle or car rentals to get to our resorts, lift tickets, equipment rental, meals, etc it was easily as expensive( if not more) than a trip to WDW for others. If you add in ski school (which you had to have for your young children if you wanted to do any adult skiing) and a trip to WDW becomes very affordable.

Then, if you factor in the cost of my "blown out knee" WDW is a real bargain. :ROFLOL:

phichi17

This trip, April 20-23
Room at POR, 2 day tix and DDP - $1486 for 3 adults and 1 under 9.
Any merch we buy will obviously take this total over the top, we usually spend another $1000 on stuff during our stay. A single visit to any of the Art of Disney stores will easily take this total much higher.

WDWFigment

Plane ticket: $150-200
Park Tickets: $180 (get a 10 day no expiration park hopper and split it between two-three trips)
Food: $200
Other: $100
Hotel: $350 (for two)

About $800 per person...

radiohost

Original Poster
TripTo WDW

A TRIP TO WDW...

Tickets to Walt Disney World: $800

Hotel Room: $700

Mickey Hat: $ 12.00

Autograph Book: $6.50

Seeing your childs face light up when they first lay there eyes upon the castle: PRICELESS

There are some things money cant buy, for everyone else there's 'Universal'

Radiohost:cool:

Gagesmom314

Our trip the last week of May for 7 days staying in two rooms at a value resort, with 7 day park hopper tickets, DDP, for 3 adults, 6 year old and baby with airfare is about $5,000.

TwoTigersMom

I need to clarify that we (my wife and I) always stay at deluxe resorts and eat at the signature establishments on property (that’s our preference). As such we typically spend around $5200.00 for 7 days. Sometimes more if we are staying on the monorail loop and not at AKL.

That's the way we feel too.

Some lady on the boards (or maybe I'm assuming the poster was female) said she and her family spend $10,000 every trip. Um... yeah... :lookaroun

Not that I think I am the poster you are referencing, I don't believe I have mentioned the cost of our upcoming trip on the boards, but it can add up to $10,000 easily. We decided to pamper ourselves this trip, and started saving for it 3 years ago. It will be a family of 5. Three adults, a 5 year old and a 2 year old for right at $10,000. Insane to most, but ultimate pleasure to us :D

Laura

Premium Member
Well we spent over $8,000 on our last trip as a family. That included 10 nights at 2 deluxe resorts, a gabillion sit down meals, tons of souvenirs, extra activities like renting a boat, gas and other travel expenses, etc.

Our next vacation will be in the $5,000 range, and that includes a week in a condo, a lot of sit down meals, and a 3 night Disney cruise.

We get huge tax refunds every year so it's really no biggy for us to splurge on vacation.

ToTBellHop

If you have the money, splurge. I'm a poor graduate student, but maybe one day when I'm a professor, I can afford to stay at a deluxe resort...of course it will probably cost about $1000/night by then lol. Pop Century for now! I also don't relax at all on vacation so I literally only sleep at the hotel (don't even see the pool much cuz I'm in the parks from 9 am til midnight or later), so for me, it's better to go with the cheaper room and stay for 8 days and splurge on souvenirs :)

wdwmomof3

We have been several times. This past time we took my daughters friend with us making it a party of six.(2 adults, 2 teenage girls, 2 children) We booked two rooms at All Star Music, Dining plan, Magic your way hopper pass for eight nights and we spent about 4,000. That was for everything that we did. That also included saving 650.00 with a discount code off of the rooms. It was worth every cent!! I'm ready to go back:)

ToTBellHop

we are planning a big vacation next year with 9 people...I would be very surprised if we don't spend at least $10,000 on this...but, again, it's 9 people for 8 days. Luckily, most of us are adults and will pay for ourselves haha

at least $1800 on airfare
$2400 on 3 hotel rooms
$2500 on park tickets
probably $2000 on food
then add souvenirs...ouch

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom