How Much Do Guests $$ SPEND $$ At WDW??

radiohost

Original Poster
Wonder what the average guest, whether it be a couple, family of four, group or single, spends at Walt Disney World in a given week....

In a week, I know a family of four can drop well over $2000 on meals, rooms, tickets, souveniers ect... And thats not not staying at a Deluxe Resort.

So how much do people spend in a week's time???

Oh, and we all know, every single penny is WORTH IT!!!!

Radiohost:cool:

lilclerk

Well, I went in a group of three adults, we stayed at ASMovies, and we had 5 day tickets w/ free park hoppers and wp&m add ons... plus the dining plan. That came to about $2800, including airfare. Then we spent about $300 on souveniers (mostly me :eek:) so a little over $3000 between the three of us for a week, though I guess the airfare doesn't count... So money spent on Disney specifically was about $2500.

Cole'sMom

We usually spend around $3500 for AKL, 7 day PH passes, food and merchandise. I gasp every time I think about it, but never bat an eye when I am at WDW having fun! We, unfortunately, have been spoiled by staying at AKL the past few years-we originally stayed there when there was a trememdous deal going on and Disney has gotten us good. Hook, line and sinker. I don't know how many more visits we can stay at Deluxe resorts since we have the baby now. We might as well stay there while he is free!

figment1985

My fiancee and I spent like.... 1,300 staying at a value resort for 6 days with park hopper tickets, and I spent like $800 in food and then probably around $400 in merchandise.

So around 2,500... ::::ahhhh:::: it was SOOOOO worth it though- eating great for days, saving enough money to pick out whatever we wanted. :)

too bad we didn't have that @&*#*(&($# free dining since we went in SEPTEMBER during it!!!

ImaYoyo

JP should know, and if not, has the ability to find out. The training staff at the DRC keeps an updated yearly average expenditure to give out to trainees (to encourage them that yes, they can make their hourly goals). I know how much an average wedding is. And conventions, youth groups, ect... :D

WDWFREAK53

I say that we spend about $1200 total if we're there for a week (not on the room or anything, just while we're down there...for souveniers, and food)

awilliams4

Family of (4) and we ususally spend 9-10 nights and we budget around 4k or so. This includes everything, including food, resort and driving from VA to FL. We don't do any packages, I have found it is always cheaper to separate, tickets through an online site, room reservations only and we do 2 sit down meals a day. Late breakfast and a dinner.

just booked the first 4 days of our trip(last 7 are dvc), we are staying at akl, with DP, and a one day ticket (buying AP when we arrive ) and without airfare, it cost us-insert gasp here-1900. yeah, yikes. but we have always wanted to stay here and it will be before the rest of our party joins us later in the week. like someone else said, disney spoils you. i equally enjoy the all star resorts, but am excited to stay in such a uniquely themed resort.

When myself and three friends went for 8 nights at a Value Resort with 7Day Park Hopper Passes in Regular Season, the prices were as follows:

*Room Only Price (2 Adults, 2 Children Price) $985.00

*Undercover Tourist Online Tickets Park Hopper 5 Day, 2 Day "Free" $248.00

*Food was about $280 per person, grand totaling at $1120.00

*Airline (if you need it) from Green Bay, WI to Orlando, FL Total was $1080.00 (including Magic Express)

*Souveniers were about $100 per person (I went a little crazy and spent $300, but I have a Disney shopping problem...:lookaroun )

Anyways, excluding souveniers, the four of us spent roughly: $3200.00

We tried to stay the cheapest we could on-site without camping...good luck and have fun!!

~Amy~:wave:

I need to clarify that we (my wife and I) always stay at deluxe resorts and eat at the signature establishments on property (that’s our preference). As such we typically spend around $5200.00 for 7 days. Sometimes more if we are staying on the monorail loop and not at AKL.

k.hunter30

Some lady on the boards (or maybe I'm assuming the poster was female) said she and her family spend $10,000 every trip. Um... yeah... :lookaroun

Raven66

We usually spend about 3k for 2 adults and a 9yo DD. It will be more with our next trip because our DD is now 10, so she is considered an adult price wise. We save money by booking our flights separately. I usually find really good airfares for when we want to go. When it comes to buying stuff, it's really good in a way, but my daughter never asks for anything. When we took our very first trip with her, the only thing she wanted was a Brer' Rabbit. Granted the older she gets the more expensive her tastes are:lookaroun , but she never really asks for stuff. Sometimes we have to beg her to buy something.:lol:

Disneygal07

I know that when I went to Disney in Feburary of this year, and I was given $100.00 to spend, and only that much, and I bought a $50.00 sweatshirt, a $6.00 pen, a $6.95 autograph book, spend $12.00 on my friends, bought 2 postcards, and my money was gone in like 2 days.
Lowering the price would probably be a good idea.:ROFLOL:

metman

So where do we start

drive to london hotel for the night £100 pounds $185.00 dollars
flights from gatwick via washington to orlando £450.00 x 4=£1800.00
$3,300
villa we bought our own in westridge i-27 $200,000 plus wdw dvc time share
for saratoga and vero $25,000 dollars

spending money normaly $300 dollars per day x 14 =$4200
tickets for wdw normaly $250.00x 4=$1,000
universal plus bush gardens $300.00 x4=$1200.00
we do this on average twice a year so our total is $8350.00 plus running our villa
and dvc time share payments so we would say on average $10,000
and if any one says 'yeah' i can send you all my tickets and details to back it up.

David

Our trips usually costs around $1200.00 each for the three of us. That includes airfare, on-site hotel, meals, and "Disney Shopping."

surfsupdon

Our family of four, generally speaking, will spend no more than 3100 for an 8 night stay.

AP discount at deluxe, disney dining experience for food, and dirt cheap airfare courtesy of SpiritAir and Atlantic City. We are not big on souvenirs at all.

ToTBellHop

Let's see...

I try to keep airfare around $225 or less.

Our next trip will have 3 adults at Pop for 8 days, with 8d park hoppers w/ the water parks and more add-on, which is $600/person. We can do food for 8 days for about $240/person, and I do have a shopping problem and will easily spend $300 on souvenirs. Comes out to $1365 for me, give or take. Good thing I don't go too often. Maybe JetBlue will do better than $225 on flights from JFK to MCO next time...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom