How long is your drive?

From the other thread, I had to ask. I drive from the Detroit area, we have just around a 20 hour drive with stops. We have four kids, so a bathroom break takes a while. Just wondred what people drive to get there. We have gone straight through, but usually stop near Macon GA. somewhere usually.

davidpw97

Just south of Atlanta here. Alone I can make it in 7 hours. If I'm travelling with people who'd rather drive slowly, stop for food and freaking bathroom breaks, it takes a bit longer.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

it took me 45 minutes from when my girlfriend and I left her house until we pulled into the Customs House at the Carribean Beach Resort....sorry guys!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

scpergj

2 1/2 to 3 hours from my part of the Jacksonville area...

Although I made it in 2:17 from DD home last Sunday...:lookaroun

162 miles...2:17. Not bad....71 MPH average...:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Coree

18-19 hours from central Illinois. We've done it straight through many times (including once during a blizzard that took about 16 hours). My sister now lives near Atlanta though, so we tend to stop there for the night any more and let DD run around.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

Without our kids...about 8 hours. With kids...about 10 hours. My husband and oldest daughter spend about 15-20 minutes standing in front of the vending machines at each rest area on the way while I am waiting in the car ready to drive off...I am so impatient because I want to hurry to get to WDW.:brick: :p

Upvote 0

cls4016

1000 miles and about 16 hours from Southern Illinois. The first time we drove we tried to drive straight through. We made it to the mountains around Chattanooga at around 2am, pitch black, raining buckets, mountains and lots of big rigs. It was the worst driving experience we've ever had. We make it a 2 day drive now, usually stopping somewhere around the Georgia / Florida border.

Upvote 0

Boray

Our trip is roughly 20 hours. We've never taken it in one day but have made it as far as Tifton, GA in one day. It's just so much cheaper than 4 plane tickets. We're doing it again this year!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom