How long is your drive?

From the other thread, I had to ask. I drive from the Detroit area, we have just around a 20 hour drive with stops. We have four kids, so a bathroom break takes a while. Just wondred what people drive to get there. We have gone straight through, but usually stop near Macon GA. somewhere usually.

elabron

Around 850 miles and 13 hours from Huntington, WV.

We have a 4 yr old, a 2 yr old and a 9 month old, so we leave at 10:00PM, I drive all night while everyone sleeps, and we usually hit Downtown Disney for lunch by noon the next day.........then, off to the Poly or Contemporary for :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore:

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

We leave in the afternoon from here in Independence KY and get to WDW early like 5 or 5 in the moring. About 14 or 15 hours, but this year we have potty trained kids so probally longer. LOL, one negative to potty training, WAY more stops!

Upvote 0

MomofKatie

From our house SE of Charlotte, it is 8 1/2 hrs to WDW. We only stop for potty breaks and drive thru food. We leave around 3:30am and usually pull into the resort around noon or so.

Upvote 0

spirit971

Long Drive?

Back in the 80's Me and a friend would drive to WDW from Norristown Pa. over the Thanksgiving weekend. We would leave Wed. night after work, drive all night, get to Kissimmee the next afternoon, stay off site at Econo Lodge, pig out at the all you could eat Thanksgiving dinner at the old Kettle resturant, get a good night sleep,:snore: do MK on black Friday, do EPCOT on Saturday, get up Sunday morning and drive back to Norristown. 1016 miles each way. We had APPs, the room was about $25.00 a night. Gas would be under $100.00 round trip. We did this six years in a row. They were the fastest, cheapest, and most FUN trips ever. Our friends would tell us we were crazy for driving all that way for a short weekend. My answer was " I was in Disney World this weekend, What did you do?".
My wife and I will be in WDW in two weeks. Trip number 25 since 1985.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Well, we drove for the first time this past July, it took us just about 25 hours to get there with stops. We have a pretty good shot at driving again in March, seeming as we have done it already we can plan for alittle more experience on the next one. Some things I forgot that I won't next time.

Upvote 0
We live about 675 miles from the All Star Resorts... :animwink:

Its about a 10 hr drive straight thru no stops, but with a 4yr old we stop every two hours for a potty and run around break. We spend the night in Lake City and get to the world around noon the next day. When she was younger we would leave around 5 our time and go all the way but it just made us feel bad our first day of vacation... who wants to feel bad in MK???

our next trip we are flying so it will be interesting when we drive back in November :lookaroun

Upvote 0

csaguy

It's anywhere from 10-1/2 to 11-1/2 hours depending on Atlanta traffic. It's like :brick: sometimes.
When the kids were little, we traveled at night so they would sleep. If not it was 12+ hours with all of the potty breaks.

Upvote 0

eroyee

From the other thread, I had to ask. I drive from the Detroit area, we have just around a 20 hour drive with stops. We have four kids, so a bathroom break takes a while. Just wondred what people drive to get there. We have gone straight through, but usually stop near Macon GA. somewhere usually.
Hi. we are from a little south of Lansing and we always try to get to Macon, Ga. the first nite! funny!

Upvote 0
growing up we had about a 21 hr drive from CT... we always stopped at the same place in Fayetteville, NC.

Now from western PA this will be our first drive... mapblast says 15 hours... but I always beat mapblast. LOL of course there will be NO traffic on our trip. LOL
Luckily our closest family is 8 hrs away, so my kids are "car trained" already for the most part. LOL
We're going to stop once overnight on the way there... no clue where yet....haven't decided about the way back yet... will be how we feel.

I am looking forward to seeing what our drive is like since I am sure it is one we will get to know well.. to me the road trip is all part of the Disney experience....
Part of me will miss the old trip... GW bridge, Delaware bridge, trying to get glimpses of DC from the highway, etc.... and all those SOTB signs sure made the trip amusing!!!! My kids won't get that experience.. which is a bummer. My family and I still laugh about pedro signs. LOL

but then again, thinking of all the hours of traffic going down 95 from the northeast... I probably will get over it. LOL

:wave: to all the new englanders!!!!! Go sox! We're in the Pittsburgh area now, but still in red sox nation!!!

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

I'm guessing you must live in the city with a 40 minute drive time to Logan, it took me over an hour from Hanover:brick: .

Nope, 30 miles north of Boston. Mind you, 40 minutes is at 9 a.m. on a weekend... weekday would be twice that (at least). We are also about 35-40 minutes from Manchester, NH. We flew from there last trip, but I think we're going back to Logan next time. Depends on the fares.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom