HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

RandySavage

Of all the worldwide projects, this castle transform intrigues and interests me the most.

I felt it was a long-shot to get final greenlight, so glad it's a go. Now the question becomes, will it end up looking and feeling like its own new, original and unique creation (for this to be the end result it would seem to be better to raze it and start fresh)... Or will it end up a franken-castle: sleeping beauty base with disconnected stuff tacked on (reminiscent of the Guardians Tower of Terror or godforsaken MK cake castle)? Will it be super-tall as it appeared in the art, or will it be closer to Paris' in scale? Will we get updated art and model or watch it slowly reveal as it goes up?

steve76

I'll admit I'm a little bummed that it *looks like* the castle will be under construction in April when I visit. The view of the castle in HK is, in my view, one of the prettiest there is in the castle parks. I wonder how they will deal with the view down Main Street. I hope they do something nice that doesn't look too bad.

Stevie Amsterdam

I would assume it will look similar to this:
SAM_0054_zps5fcerg65.jpg
SAM_0118_zpsnitt05ye.jpg

In the Parks
Yes
According to the news, this castle will be themed after ALL 13 Disney Princesses (Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Anna, Elsa and Moana). They are going to add at least 13 turrets to the castle, each theming after one princess, including specific features (e.g. Snow White's turret will be topped by a Golden Apple, and its stained glass will have apple patterns on it).
I think it’s gonna look beautiful. Not sure about all those colors though..
I agree. This new concept art contains too much gold colour. I prefer the old concept art released last year.

malice

From the press release:

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort reveals creative concepts of castle transformation
  • Grander park centerpiece to transform the experience at the Castle Hub,
delighting and entertaining guests both day and night at Hong Kong Disneyland
  • Transformed castle pays tribute to Disney princesses and
reflects the cosmopolitan character of Hong Kong

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort today revealed creative details about the upcoming castle transformation — an important part of the park’s ongoing multi-year expansion plan. The transformed castle will feature a seamless blend of styles inspired by different times and cultures, while paying tribute to Disney Princess stories. The transformed castle will also take the park’s entertainment to new heights with both a new daytime show and nighttime spectacular.

The design of the transformed castle will take inspiration from different times and cultures, as well as a variety of storybook influences and styles. The castle’s features will also be inspired by 13 much-loved Disney Princess stories based on Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Moana and Anna and Elsa. Coming from the far reaches of Asia, Europe, the Middle East and beyond, the Disney Princesses are a diverse group unified by their big dreams and courageous hearts.

From the new castle moat and hub area, guests will be able to spot princess finial decorations on some spires, such as Snow White’s apple, Cinderella’s coach and Belle’s rose, as well as princess-inspired designs and decorations throughout the castle.

To add even more magic and fantasy, the transformed castle area will include original artwork, unique sculptures and designs waiting for guests to find and enjoy. As part of the castle transformation, guests can visit the all-new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, which is a magical salon where fairy-godmothers-in-training turn young guests into princesses with makeovers, hairstyling and special outfits. At the transformed castle, guests can also meet different Disney Princesses at different times.

There will also be a new outdoor stage where HKDL’s daytime show and nighttime spectacular will be held. Both of these new shows will feature awe-inspiring entertainment experiences, and be special moments for friends and loved ones to enjoy together

malice

No Name

I'd like the yellow if they just made it Belle's castle and stuck to one color scheme. Why don't they do that? They don't think one princess is "deserving" of having the park's icon. Beauty and the Beast isn't a big enough "franchise" to have its place at the center of a park. Oh and heaven forbid a new popular princess comes out and the castle doesn't represent them!

I like a taller unique castle, I just wish they'd stop with this design puke.

dennis-in-ct

From the press release:

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort reveals creative concepts of castle transformation

• Grander park centerpiece to transform the experience at the Castle Hub,
delighting and entertaining guests both day and night at Hong Kong Disneyland

• Transformed castle pays tribute to Disney princesses and
reflects the cosmopolitan character of Hong Kong

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort today revealed creative details about the upcoming castle transformation — an important part of the park’s ongoing multi-year expansion plan. The transformed castle will feature a seamless blend of styles inspired by different times and cultures, while paying tribute to Disney Princess stories. The transformed castle will also take the park’s entertainment to new heights with both a new daytime show and nighttime spectacular.

The design of the transformed castle will take inspiration from different times and cultures, as well as a variety of storybook influences and styles. The castle’s features will also be inspired by 13 much-loved Disney Princess stories based on Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Moana and Anna and Elsa. Coming from the far reaches of Asia, Europe, the Middle East and beyond, the Disney Princesses are a diverse group unified by their big dreams and courageous hearts.

From the new castle moat and hub area, guests will be able to spot princess finial decorations on some spires, such as Snow White’s apple, Cinderella’s coach and Belle’s rose, as well as princess-inspired designs and decorations throughout the castle.

To add even more magic and fantasy, the transformed castle area will include original artwork, unique sculptures and designs waiting for guests to find and enjoy. As part of the castle transformation, guests can visit the all-new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, which is a magical salon where fairy-godmothers-in-training turn young guests into princesses with makeovers, hairstyling and special outfits. At the transformed castle, guests can also meet different Disney Princesses at different times.

There will also be a new outdoor stage where HKDL’s daytime show and nighttime spectacular will be held. Both of these new shows will feature awe-inspiring entertainment experiences, and be special moments for friends and loved ones to enjoy together

Sounds very "super happy fun-time for ALL.".
Designed by committee? hmmmmm .... did the designers forget to take their Ritalin ?

amjt660

Premium Member
Yes, when I visited and first saw the castle from the front I was mindblown. The front is just so beautiful. But sadly from all other angles it's not as good. Hope this one will fix problems like those. Problem with Shanghai is also that itms sooo large. So when you stand at the bottom it isn't the best view cause you actually only see the bottom part towering above you. Cause in some drone videos the castle does look mich better from a higher point.
Personally saw the castle in November and loved it.
Visually stunning
Not concerned about the "catch all" name and theme
It is an amazing thing to see in person.

Max

britain

As bizarre as this project is, I'm going to enjoy watching it happen. So weird that it is happening to an exact copy of DL's castle. So easy to morbidly pretend it's happening at DL!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom