HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

No Name

It will actually be interesting to say "I saw the destruction of a Disney Castle"
:p

Technically you can't say that, because they aren't tearing down the current castle, they're just adding onto it. Really, building an additional structure behind it.

As you can see here:
image.jpeg

wwwils

So Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters has been closed since 31 August and is retheming into marvel attraction. And I think the castle expansion will start next year.

BrianLo

Frozen is now underway. Antman and the Adventureland theatre space both kicked off a few months ago.

Hopefully outside of the delay for budget approvals, the timeline hasn't actually been too offset. Frozen is starting on a gravel lot, 2.5 years really shouldn't be an unreasonable expectation.

HKMSG_Hong_Kong_Disneyland_Tomorrowland_Marvel_Sper_Hero_Attractions_Construction_171007_1.jpg

Antman

HKMSG_Hong_Kong_Disneyland_Adventureland_Show_Place_Monan_Village_Festival_Construction_171007.jpg

Adventureland Theatre

Daveeeeed

Frozen is now underway. Antman and the Adventureland theatre space both kicked off a few months ago.

Hopefully outside of the delay for budget approvals, the timeline hasn't actually been too offset. Frozen is starting on a gravel lot, 2.5 years really shouldn't be an unreasonable expectation.

HKMSG_Hong_Kong_Disneyland_Tomorrowland_Marvel_Sper_Hero_Attractions_Construction_171007_1.jpg

Antman

HKMSG_Hong_Kong_Disneyland_Adventureland_Show_Place_Monan_Village_Festival_Construction_171007.jpg

Adventureland Theatre
Do you think Ant-Man will be open by July? Thanks!

mickeyfan5534

I'd hazard Antman got pushed a little bit, but that would have been the original plan. Theoretically feasible though, don't know if they are on a Guardian's like timeline or exactly how extensive the interior gutting will be.
I'd safe guess Late Fall-Early Winter but if it is a Guardians timeline, Late July- Early August

IMDREW

Guess we now have an anwser about what princes castle it will become. It says on the disneyparks blog that it will include 'all' princesses. So it'll be like Shanghai. I pesonally don't like that, but it's not the biggest deal for me. I always thought shanghai should've been Snow Whites castle and hoped Hong kong for Rapunzel or so..

mickeyfan5534

Guess we now have an anwser about what princes castle it will become. It says on the disneyparks blog that it will include 'all' princesses. So it'll be like Shanghai. I pesonally don't like that, but it's not the biggest deal for me. I always thought shanghai should've been Snow Whites castle and hoped Hong kong for Rapunzel or so..
As long as it has a decent name and it's not "Princess Magical Castle" or something stupid like that, I could care less. Personally, the concept art looks like Beast's Castle to me.

Disneylover152

As long as it has a decent name and it's not "Princess Magical Castle" or something stupid like that, I could care less. Personally, the concept art looks like Beast's Castle to me.

That's who I thought it was going to be too.

It looks like all princesses. The bottom is Sleeping Beauty's, the top is Cinderella's, the middle is Aladdin's, and the overall shape is the Beasts.I think it's more of all the princesses than Shanghai's. Shanghai's just looks like a box with spires coming out, and little to no elements of the Princesses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom