'Highway in the Sky Dine Around' combines monorails and restaurants

Minthorne

For some reason I can't link to it. It's a WDW News website. Maybe there's some rivalry that's going on...

Either way, I've not been to that patio so not sure of the layout..

It's a big patio - the width of the Grand Canyon Concourse - there are benches on one side and smoking
FP7wbAJ65YMPZPimlfN-hlkic_2MlpRTJ7UGBCF2t9I.jpeg

and the MK side has some (12) permanent seats facing the MK.

wishes-fireworks.jpg

jpeden

In the Parks
No
It appears that barring any cancellations, this has sold out for its initial run. The first reviews are going to be very interesting to read. If they are bad, I imagine there are going to be a lot of refund requests, especially at this price point.

danyoung56

My only problem is the cruise ship feel. I do not want to be grouped with people I do not know and possibly do not like.

Exactly my problem, and even worse than you, as I'm usually a single park stormer. I like the idea of taking the monorail around and being taken care of, but I'm not wild about having to chat with people that I don't know.

danyoung56

Open up people! The worst that can happen is you'll learn somethin'.

I'm a normally friendly guy, but I don't have the greatest of luck getting thrown in with other people. If I was with a spouse or girlfriend it might be a little easier. But as a solo guy, I'll just keep to myself, thanks.

trampdog

I'm a normally friendly guy, but I don't have the greatest of luck getting thrown in with other people. If I was with a spouse or girlfriend it might be a little easier. But as a solo guy, I'll just keep to myself, thanks.

Sounds like you are just more uncomfortable about it. I get it. I go several times a year by myself because of conferences/business. I've done this for over 25 years. The first day, its weird. After that, I just forget about it. I also seem to have a way of people out of the blue start talking to me. I am sure I don't give off a friendly aura (at least I don't think so), but it always happens. I can't tell you how many times I have gone to Trader Sams, sat in one of the cushy seating areas (since the bar wasn't available) and people always ask if they can sit there too. I never say know, even though my space invader shields activate. Within minutes we are carrying on conversations like I've known them for years. Heck, you are never going to see them again anyway.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, considering you'll be using the monorail (which is a mass transit device), it will be impacting regular paying guests who are trying to get from the parking lots or resorts to the parks and vice versa. So, yeah, fail.

In the few hours before fireworks, just how crowded is the local monorail loop?

danyoung56

The first day, its weird. After that, I just forget about it. I also seem to have a way of people out of the blue start talking to me.

Don't get me wrong - I love talking to people at the bar, and I run into people all day long that I have fun interactions with. But I don't see me and a whole bunch of people that I don't know as a fun evening.

Phonedave

Don't get me wrong - I love talking to people at the bar, and I run into people all day long that I have fun interactions with. But I don't see me and a whole bunch of people that I don't know as a fun evening.

I get it, it's a risk.

I have gone solo many times, and I also make friends all over the place (My wife says that if she leaves me alone somewhere for 10 minutes, when she come back, she finds me talking to somone). However, yes, somtimes the people you get seated with just do not want to be friendly. You can be the most outgoing person, but sometimes they are not. Or, somtimes they just want to have some family time together.

-dave

JohnD

It's a big patio - the width of the Grand Canyon Concourse - there are benches on one side and smoking
FP7wbAJ65YMPZPimlfN-hlkic_2MlpRTJ7UGBCF2t9I.jpeg

and the MK side has some (12) permanent seats facing the MK.

wishes-fireworks.jpg

I took some monorail photos from here. Great for framing the castle. As for the fireworks, I think you would want to be on the MK side as the other side's view is partially blocked by the monorail.
IMG_2871.JPG
IMG_2875.JPG

IMG_2876.JPG
IMG_2877.JPG
IMG_2878.JPG
IMG_2879.JPG
IMG_2881.JPG

JohnD

How do we know Disney won't put an extra monorail on the track to accommodate all guests?

One thing's for sure, unlike a bus, it's not like the monorail can wait around for guests to be finished at each location. I would guess that after party goers are dropped off, it's immediately in service for all other guests. Gotta keep moving along the rail.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
First run of this is tonight - can't wait to see reviews!

When the bloggers post pictures and reviews of this so we know what it's like, are we supposed to be appreciative, or do we keep up the hate of bloggers as part of the cabal of lifestylers and pixie dust snorters?

EvilQueen-T

My sisters and I did the monorail loop as a mini pub crawl before (and yes by the second stop the monorail can feel like an E ticket ride lol) so when I saw this come up I decided to solve two problems at once...first trying to figure out what to do for my hubby for Christmas and second figure out a way to justify going without it being just for me lol. It falls in line with the lunches/dinners etc...we've done for food and wine so we're looking forward to it. My only disappointment was all the friday and saturday's were booked about as quickly as it was announced so we're doing ours on a Tuesday in March and staying that night at the contemporary...date night get away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom