'Highway in the Sky Dine Around' combines monorails and restaurants

mousehockey37

By this logic you're also opposed to Ferrytale Wishes cruises and the new offering inside MK with the river boat and Dessert Parties in general since those all take "space" -!: resources from non-paying guests?

The monorails are used to transport guests to and from the park and resorts. It's not a good idea to "tape off" monorail cars. The ferrytale cruises and river boat are not mass transit. If Disney wants to tote the people around who want to waste the money, get a souped up party bus that is specific to this offering and away ya go.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The monorails are used to transport guests to and from the park and resorts. It's not a good idea to "tape off" monorail cars. The ferrytale cruises and river boat are not mass transit. If Disney wants to tote the people around who want to waste the money, get a souped up party bus that is specific to this offering and away ya go.

I'd argue the ferries used on the FerryTale cruise which shuttles guests to and from the TTC and MK are mass transit. But, I get your point. This also appears to be extremely limited. We aren't talking about taking up an entire train - possibly one compartment.

mousehockey37

I'd argue the ferries used on the FerryTale cruise which shuttles guests to and from the TTC and MK are mass transit. But, I get your point. This also appears to be extremely limited. We aren't talking about taking up an entire train - possibly one compartment.

There wasn't a cap on how many spots there are (I don't believe).

MagicRat

I generally don't care about the cash grabs, I just think they are pathetic. I enjoy laughing at the whining by this board about it, but the hypocrisy by the people here is absurd. I stay at the deluxe and have DVC in all three, I pity the cast member who tells me or anyone else staying on Disney property low or high value that our seats taken for this b.s.

Save the money get on the train and do it yourself!

MrPromey

By this logic you're also opposed to Ferrytale Wishes cruises and the new offering inside MK with the river boat and Dessert Parties in general since those all take "space" -!: resources from non-paying guests?

While this offering seems much better than the other ones in my book (seriously how much impact will one trip around the monorail have on the other resort guests if you're to assume these people would also be on the monorail if they did this on their own), I have to take note of your final statement - "non-paying guests."

I''m curious which non-paying firsts you're referring to. It can't be the people paying inflated prices to stay at monorail resorts and well over $100 per person to go to the Magic Kingdom, right?

I see that "non-paying guest" statement thrown around a lot on here. When they close the ferry boat for an upcharge event, they are blocking it for that period to paying guests - guests who paid more to be there this year without access to an attraction for the full time of the run on that day than they would have last year while the attraction was open to them.

This notion that people paying as much as $125 a day to be in these parks are somehow the "non-paying" riff-raff is exactly how TDO seems to see it.

I'd expect the people actually paying to get in to have a little more respect for themselves and the rest of the great unwashed. ;)

Disneyhead'71

I would imagine that this will be around 50 people who go down to the monorail and get on. Sort of like a Brazilian tour group. It seems to really not be much of an inconvenience to other guests.

Oh, wait. These people are WDW guests who get to use the monorail anyway.

MagicRat

I would imagine that this will be around 50 people who go down to the monorail and get on. Sort of like a Brazilian tour group. It seems to really not be much of an inconvenience to other guests.

Oh, wait. These people are WDW guests who get to use the monorail anyway.

That is fine by me but also let the Brazilian group use the pool that is not theirs, if they buy a dinner at that particular resort.

Again, I don't care as long as it's. It hypocritical

MagicRat

That is fine by me but also let the Brazilian group use the pool that is not theirs, if they buy a dinner at that particular resort.

Again, I don't care as long as it's. It hypocritical

You forget to include that the resort monorail is for Disney resort guests not Disney park guests.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
While this offering seems much better than the other ones in my book (seriously how much impact will one trip around the monorail have on the other resort guests if you're to assume these people would also be on the monorail if they did this on their own), I have to take note of your final statement - "non-paying guests."

I''m curious which non-paying firsts you're referring to. It can't be the people paying inflated prices to stay at monorail resorts and well over $100 per person to go to the Magic Kingdom, right?

I see that "non-paying guest" statement thrown around a lot on here. When they close the ferry boat for an upcharge event, they are blocking it for that period to paying guests - guests who paid more to be there this year without access to an attraction for the full time of the run on that day than they would have last year while the attraction was open to them.

This notion that people paying as much as $125 a day to be in these parks are somehow the "non-paying" riff-raff is exactly how TDO seems to see it.

I'd expect the people actually paying to get in to have a little more respect for themselves and the rest of the great unwashed. ;)

I completely understand your point and wasn't trying to sub divide people into classes. I simply meant that if that poster was going to be upset about one upcharge event cutting off a small amount of access to a section of WDW then they should feel the same about other upcharge events. I don't think anyone is part of the great unwashed because they don't pay for an event. In fact, the only reason I booked this was my wife and I would have spent close to this amount on our Valentine's Day dinner as it was. I apologize if it came off that way.

MrPromey

I completely understand your point and wasn't trying to sub divide people into classes. I simply meant that if that poster was going to be upset about one upcharge event cutting off a small amount of access to a section of WDW then they should feel the same about other upcharge events. I don't think anyone is part of the great unwashed because they don't pay for an event. In fact, the only reason I booked this was my wife and I would have spent close to this amount on our Valentine's Day dinner as it was. I apologize if it came off that way.

Nah, it isn't you. It's just easy in conversation for people to forget that the people who aren't paying for these upcharge events are nearly all still paying a lot for hotel rooms and tickets and everything else. It's easy to loose sight of that in conversation when discussing these things in isolation.

As I mentioned, in the case of this particular event, the regular guest impact seems very minimal. Personally, this feels like an example of how they should be doing it, if they're going to do it.

Even if I did find it distasteful, I wouldn't hold it against you or anyone else for opting to do it, though.

Some people seem to think that every other guest has a moral responsibility not to sign up for things that Disney offers which they don't personally agree with.

I take issue with some of the stuff Disney does but we all pay too much to get in, too much for resorts or parking, too much for a bottle of water, too much for suvineers, etc. Nobody puts a gun to our heads to open our wallets at all and yet we still choose to do it. We have our reasons and we don't have to justify it to each other on here.

Anyone who actually goes (to the parks these days) and tries to pass judgement on those who choose to spend more for experiences seems a little hypocritical to me.

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Nah, it isn't you. It's just easy in conversation for people to forget that they people who aren't paying for these upcharge events are nearly all still paying a lot for hotel rooms and tickets and everything else. It's easy to loose sight of that in conversation when discussing these things in isolation.

As I mentioned, in the case of this particular event, the regular guest impact seems very minimal. Personally, this feels like an example of how they should be doing it, if they're going to do it.

Even if I did find it distasteful, I wouldn't hold it against you or anyone else for opting to do it, though.

Some people seem to think that every other guest has a moral responsibility not to sign up for things that Disney offers which they don't personally agree with.

I take issue with some of the stuff Disney does but we all pay too much to get in, too much for resorts or parking, too much for a bottle of water, too much for suvineers, etc. Nobody puts a gun to our heads to open our wallets at all and yet we still choose to do it. We have our reasons and we don't have to justify it to each other on here.

Anyone who actually goes and tries to pass judgement on those who choose to spend more for experiences seems a little hypocritical to me.

Very well said!

Although last weekend I learned Disney bottled water isn't as overpriced as I thought when I realized a bottle of water at a SEC football game was more than a bottle of water at Disney (by 33% at that).

kbmum

Fourth floor patio..

The fourth floor patio is the designated smoking area for the Contemporary. They'd either have to close it to smokers, who will get ticked off and smoke in other areas of the resort, or they could rope off a section of it, but the people who pay for this experience will have to deal with cigarette smoke.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The fourth floor patio is the designated smoking area for the Contemporary. They'd either have to close it to smokers, who will get ticked off and smoke in other areas of the resort, or they could rope off a section of it, but the people who pay for this experience will have to deal with cigarette smoke.

Has anyone actually confirmed it is the 4th floor patio with Disney? I haven't seen that anywhere in any official release.

BigChris77

According to a website that apparently it's impossible to link to, it's unavailable to others.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom