Happily ever the biggest nighttime firework display?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
No, we should be celebrating Disney's added pyro during a near state wide burn ban. Negative Nancys wanting to not have fires, those people and their negativity are bringing everything down!
That's why I made this thread, it's almost like a victory for Disney fans. They finally stepped things up and made an advanced show that technologically blows the predecessor out of the water, this is the kind of stuff Disnwy used to be about. I haven't seen an advancement like this since Illuminations started.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
That's why I made this thread, it's almost like a victory for Disney fans. They finally stepped things up and made an advanced show that technologically blows the predecessor out of the water, this is the kind of stuff Disnwy used to be about. I haven't seen an advancement like this since Illuminations started.

I love the idea, but the timing could not be worse. Any other time I'd be the first in line to see it.

gsimpson

The first link in my first comment just talks about HS, but any increase is bad right now. They wouldn't even be allowed to have their shows at all during the burn ban if they didn't own Reedy Creek and give themselves a permit. Most if not all of the other fireworks shows in the area were cancelled, like the riverside fireworks show in Tampa for example. Watch the video in the WFTV link I posted a few minutes ago.

You are factually incorrect, universal (who doesn't have their own government) is also still doing pyro. As to your previous statement about not being able to have a fire in your fire pit you probably also don't pay to have firemen and equipment pre-positioned around your fire pit when you have a fire. I am an Orlando citizen and I don't have a problem with Disney and Uni continuing to bring tourists to town to drop off large chunks of cash, last I checked there has not been a single house or business destroyed directly or indirectly by fireworks. I view this a lot like people who move close to an airport because they got a good deal on a house and then start an endless campaign to have the government spends millions on noise abatement, as if there was no expectation of noise when they moved close to the airport.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I filmed the fireworks for Happily Ever After from my balcony the other night and I can tell you right now that it is a much more advanced show than Wishes ever was. The fireworks have moments where they truly function in sync and it's a sight to see for sure. The grand finale is unreal. The lighting on the castle is really cool too. It lasts over 15 minutes and I filmed almost the whole thing but the internet connection at Bay Lake is too slow to let me upload it. I can't believe how many spotlights they are using. Main St could probably function as a landing strip with as bright as those spotlights are. There's something that happens at the very end that is probably gonna make people jump out of their shoes with excitement too. It's gonna be fun tomorrow night but bitter sweet tonight.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
You are factually incorrect, universal (who doesn't have their own government) is also still doing pyro. As to your previous statement about not being able to have a fire in your fire pit you probably also don't pay to have firemen and equipment pre-positioned around your fire pit when you have a fire. I am an Orlando citizen and I don't have a problem with Disney and Uni continuing to bring tourists to town to drop off large chunks of cash, last I checked there has not been a single house or business destroyed directly or indirectly by fireworks. I view this a lot like people who move close to an airport because they got a good deal on a house and then start an endless campaign to have the government spends millions on noise abatement, as if there was no expectation of noise when they moved close to the airport.

I'm factually incorrect about what precisely? Universal doing it too doesn't mean anything, nor does it make me wrong about anything.

This is nothing like people who move close to an airport, we're in a drought and have been for quite some time now. It's not like the airport will just stop being there after 7 days of rain.

tractor tipper

I'm factually incorrect about what precisely? Universal doing it too doesn't mean anything, nor does it make me wrong about anything.

This is nothing like people who move close to an airport, we're in a drought and have been for quite some time now. It's not like the airport will just stop being there after 7 days of rain.
After going back and reading all your comments and articles that you cited to support your arguments, pretty much everything. Except your comment on bad timing and having problems with DHS new launch site.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
After going back and reading all your comments and articles that you cited to support your arguments, pretty much everything. Except your comment on bad timing and having problems with DHS new launch site.

Great job at precision there, you've make quite a compelling argument. :rolleyes:

freediverdude

The first link in my first comment just talks about HS, but any increase is bad right now. They wouldn't even be allowed to have their shows at all during the burn ban if they didn't own Reedy Creek and give themselves a permit. Most if not all of the other fireworks shows in the area were cancelled, like the riverside fireworks show in Tampa for example. Watch the video in the WFTV link I posted a few minutes ago.

Well there's no way they're going to decrease tourist revenue for the biggest theme park draw in the world that the whole local economy depends on over a local fire ban, just isn't going to happen.

tractor tipper

Great job at precision there, you've make quite a compelling argument. :rolleyes:
OP was happy to have increased pyros at MK. You said bad idea because of state burn ban (true) and fires at DHS new launch site (true). Since the increase in pyros is at MK not DHS articles are not relevant to the MK situation. You also said no one else could do fireworks (not true) Uni does their shows. You then stated T. Stromsnes was speaking for Reedy Creek Distict and the FF union. (not true) The article clearly stated he was speaking for the union. In the article the reporter asked Reedy Creek for a comment, an unnamed administrator referred the reporter to Disney. (to get the name you'll have ask the reporter). Disney then issued a statement which was in the article. Is there a problem at DHS new launch site? Yes. Is Disney working to fix it? I think so, time will tell.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
OP was happy to have increased pyros at MK. You said bad idea because of state burn ban (true) and fires at DHS new launch site (true). Since the increase in pyros is at MK not DHS articles are not relevant to the MK situation.

They're relevant to the burn ban.

You also said no one else could do fireworks (not true) Uni does their shows.

That's not what I said. What I said was "nobody else can even use a fire pit in their yard or set off a fire cracker without risk of jail time" which is true, call Orange and Osceola counties and find out for yourself. I also said "Most if not all of the other fireworks shows in the area were cancelled, like the riverside fireworks show in Tampa for example." I did not say that nobody else could.

You then stated T. Stromsnes was speaking for Reedy Creek Distict and the FF union. (not true) The article clearly stated he was speaking for the union. In the article the reporter asked Reedy Creek for a comment, an unnamed administrator referred the reporter to Disney. (to get the name you'll have ask the reporter).

That's correct, I did say this. There's no evidence that Stromsness isn't also speaking for the district since he often does. I've already stated that it may be possible that he isn't.

Disney then issued a statement which was in the article. Is there a problem at DHS new launch site? Yes. Is Disney working to fix it? I think so, time will tell.

There's a bigger problem than that, we have had almost no rain in months and it has been windy. The drought here is the worst we've had since 1898. They should keep doing it though because feels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom