Happily ever the biggest nighttime firework display?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Asking questions is not badgering, and I'm not badgering him but you're welcome to report me if you're offended. In fact, I recommend that you do. He said "Any district employee authotized to be speaking on behalf of the district." and that Tim Stromsnes "is not a spokesman for Reedy Creek Improvemnt District and he does not represent them."

Tim Stromsnes however often speaks on behalf of Reedy Creek and Reedy Creek employees, and is employed by Reedy Creek. Google it.

I do know the difference between a union and a district, but it's nothing more than an opinion that Tim doesn't speak for the district as well.

If you have a problem with me, boo hoo. Take it to the admins or go away.
While he may have spoken for the district in the past, in this instance, it was clear that he was speaking for the union, and not the district. Is that really so difficult for you to understand?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
While he may have spoken for the district in the past, in this instance, it was clear that he was speaking for the union, and not the district. Is that really so difficult for you to understand?

It's possible that he was speaking for both. It's speculation to make an assumption (otherwise known as opinion) either way.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
If that's case, and I'm wrong I must request that you immediately stop badgering me. Move along now.
The article that you linked to was this:

Disney’s fireworks causing brush fires in Orlando, fire union says

Note the word UNION, not district. This was your link.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The article that you linked to was this:

Disney’s fireworks causing brush fires in Orlando, fire union says

Note the word UNION, not district. This was your link.

stop_badgering_me__by_hogwartswizard-d95ty9s.jpg

peter11435

I'm not wrong, and you're going on ignore. Have fun playing with yourself.
Well actually you are wrong.

Yes Tim is employed by the district. Yes he has spoken on behalf of the district in the past. But in this instance he is not representing the district. The article makes it very clear who he is speaking for. If he was speaking on belalf of the the district you can be damn sure the article would have notated that. It is not an opinion that there is a difference.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Well actually you are wrong.

Yes Tim is employed by the district. Yes he has spoken on behalf of the district in the past. But in this instance he is not representing the district. The article makes it very clear who he is speaking for. If he was speaking on belalf of the the district you can be damn sure the article would have notated that. It is not an opinion that there is a difference.

He may still be, it's not an absolute that he isn't. The article absolutely makes an implication, but Reedy Creek hasn't issued a statement saying he was wrong either which is why it's (in my opinion) speculation to assume he's not speaking for the district.

peter11435

He may still be, it's not an absolute that he isn't. The article absolutely makes an implication, but Reedy Creek hasn't issued a statement saying he was wrong either which is why it's (in my opinion) speculation to assume he's not speaking for the district.
He is still employed by the district and could absolutely make a statement tomorrow on their behalf. But his statement in the article the statement in question was not made as a representative of the district. It was made as resprentive of the union. Regardless of what you choose to believe there is a difference. Just because someone works for someone and has spoken for them in the past does not mean everything they say is the position of their employer. The article was very clearly referencing the union and the firefighters themselves and given there current disagreement with both the district and Disney is hardly representative of the districts opinion on the matter.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
He is still employed by the district and could absolutely make a statement tomorrow on their behalf. But his statement in the article the statement in question was not made as a representative of the district. It was made as resprentive of the union. Regardless of what you choose to believe there is a difference. Just because someone works for someone and has spoken for them in the past does not mean everything they say is the position of their employer. The article was very clearly referencing the union and the firefighters themselves and given there current disagreement with both the district and Disney is hardly representative of the districts opinion on the matter.

You may be right. Disney holds a majority stake in Reedy Creek so I'd think they would get a statement out as fast as possible to counter if it wasn't representative or accurate.

peter11435

You may be right. Disney holds a majority stake in Reedy Creek so I'd think they would get a statement out as fast as possible to counter if it wasn't representative or accurate.
Possibly, but I think it's more likely that Disney and the district would ignore it and let it disappear into the news cycle.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
For the first time in over 10 - 15 years a show in Disney World has replaced a show with a much higher budget and a big upscale from its predecessor and we still have a reason to be negative?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
For the first time in over 10 - 15 years a show in Disney World has replaced a show with a much higher budget and a big upscale from its predecessor and we still have a reason to be negative?

No, we should be celebrating Disney's added pyro during a near state wide burn ban. Negative Nancys wanting to not have fires, those people and their negativity are bringing everything down!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom