Happily ever the biggest nighttime firework display?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Occasional brush fires during and after fireworks is not a result of the dry conditions here in central FL right now, it has always happened for as long as they have had nightly fireworks shows. This is absolutely nothing new. Is it a little worse this year, maybe but I have seen no facts with which I could conclude that.

The issue is there are now 2 locations on property where it might happen vs one and the firefighters are having to work a little more to support a second launch site. And as a result, the union (which has been fighting with Disney lately) is trying to use this as an issue to build their case.

There is NOTHING that suggests there is any issue warranting any change in behavior by Disney, despite the dry conditions.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Occasional brush fires during and after fireworks is not a result of the dry conditions here in central FL right now, it has always happened for as long as they have had nightly fireworks shows. This is absolutely nothing new. Is it a little worse this year, maybe but I have seen no facts with which I could conclude that.

The issue is there are now 2 locations on property where it might happen vs one and the firefighters are having to work a little more to support a second launch site. And as a result, the union (which has been fighting with Disney lately) is trying to use this as an issue to build their case.

There is NOTHING that suggests there is any issue warranting any change in behavior by Disney, despite the dry conditions.

Except that Reedy Creek literally said that it was due to the dry conditions.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Except that Reedy Creek literally said that it was due to the dry conditions.

To be precise, Reedy Creek did not say it, the representative of the union said it which is a very, very different thing. The exact quote is:

“All of Central Florida is burning right now, there’s a fire ban going. I don’t mind them shooting off pyrotechnics, (they) just need to do more prevention,” said Tim Stromsnes, president of the Reedy Creek Fire & Rescue IAFF Local 2117.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
To be precise, Reedy Creek did not say it, the representative of the union said it which is a very, very different thing. The exact quote is:

“All of Central Florida is burning right now, there’s a fire ban going. I don’t mind them shooting off pyrotechnics, (they) just need to do more prevention,” said Tim Stromsnes, president of the Reedy Creek Fire & Rescue IAFF Local 2117.

It's not different. Stromsnes is their representative and is speaking on their behalf.

"”We’ve been out there for hours upon hours with multiple fires going on” — about 30 in the past two months."

peter11435

It's not different. Stromsnes is their representative and is speaking on their behalf.

"”We’ve been out there for hours upon hours with multiple fires going on” — about 30 in the past two months."
Actually it is different. He's speaking on behalf of the union which has an agenda not on behalf of the district.

peter11435

In your opinion.

It's not really an opinion. He is not a spokesman for Reedy Creek Improvemnt District and he does not represent them. Nothing he says is on the districts behalf. He represents the union. There is a big difference.

What you are implying would be like saying that the president of one of the WDW labor unions statements was on belalf of WDW. It doesn't work that way.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
It's not really an opinion. He is not a spokesman for Reedy Creek Improvemnt District and he does not represent them. Nothing he says is on the districts behalf. He represents the union. There is a big difference.

What you are implying would be like saying that the president of one of the WDW labor unions statements was on belalf of WDW. It doesn't work that way.

Who's the spokesman for the Reedy Creek Improvement District?

peter11435

I see what you did there.

Who specifically is the authorized employee who speaks on behalf of the district?

And I see that you are just purposefully being difficult.

The authorized employee could be anyone that the district authorized to speak on their behalf. In this case this individual was speaking on behalf of the union which the article clearly states. Speaking on behalf of the union is not the same thing as speaking on behalf of the district. I know you are intelligent enough to understand the difference.

Organizstions and their labor unions rarely see eye to eye nor do they have the same interests.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
And I see that you are just purposefully being difficult.

The authorized employee could be anyone that the district authorized to speak on their behalf. In this case this individual was speaking on behalf of the union which the article clearly states. Speaking on behalf of the union is not the same thing as speaking on behalf of the district. I know you are intelligent enough to understand the difference.

Organizstions and their labor unions rarely see eye to eye nor do they have the same interests.

No, I'm absolutely not being difficult. You said "He is not a spokesman for Reedy Creek Improvemnt District and he does not represent them." I'm asking you who is if he is not.

You then circled around it so you didn't have to directly reply to my comment with "Any district employee authotized to be speaking on behalf of the district."

Which is the exact opposite of what you said before.

If your claim is that Tim Stromsnes is not the spokesman, and you know that for a fact then you must know who the real spokesman is.

So, who is it?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Exactly what is that supposed to mean?
Consistent = argumentative. Just because he may not know who the "official" spokesperson is, doesn't mean you have to keep badgering him about it. He mentioned that you are intelligent enough to know the difference between the union and the district. If you are really that concerned, here are the people that you may contact for more information:

John Classe, District Administrator
Phone: (407)934-7480

Ann Blakeslee, Deputy District Administrator
Phone: (407)828-3548

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Consistent = argumentative. Just because he may not know who the "official" spokesperson is, doesn't mean you have to keep badgering him about it. He mentioned that you are intelligent enough to know the difference between the union and the district. If you are really that concerned, here are the people that you may contact for more information:

John Classe, District Administrator
Phone: (407)934-7480

Ann Blakeslee, Deputy District Administrator
Phone: (407)828-3548

Asking questions is not badgering, and I'm not badgering him but you're welcome to report me if you're offended. In fact, I recommend that you do. He said "Any district employee authotized to be speaking on behalf of the district." and that Tim Stromsnes "is not a spokesman for Reedy Creek Improvemnt District and he does not represent them."

Tim Stromsnes however often speaks on behalf of Reedy Creek and Reedy Creek employees, and is employed by Reedy Creek. Google it.

I do know the difference between a union and a district, but it's nothing more than an opinion that Tim doesn't speak for the district as well.

If you have a problem with me, boo hoo. Take it to the admins or go away.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
In your opinion.

Who's the spokesman for the Reedy Creek Improvement District?

I see what you did there.

Who specifically is the authorized employee who speaks on behalf of the district?

No, I'm absolutely not being difficult. You said "He is not a spokesman for Reedy Creek Improvemnt District and he does not represent them." I'm asking you who is if he is not.

You then circled around it so you didn't have to directly reply to my comment with "Any district employee authotized to be speaking on behalf of the district."

Which is the exact opposite of what you said before.

If your claim is that Tim Stromsnes is not the spokesman, and you know that for a fact then you must know who the real spokesman is.

So, who is it?
So you honestly believe this isn't badgering????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom