Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
To call it a special 'exhibition' (and it obviously being a cheap overlay) has me still thinking it's actually a temporary attraction until Marvel Land is under construction (and the entire ride is then demolished). Just something to keep in mind.

The line between something being truly temporary and just being poorly and hastily thrown together is blurred here.

D.Silentu

Fair enough, I was just hoping to catch a few reviews of the ride that exceed twitter length. It will be quite awhile before I get a chance to experience it in person.

TP2000

Original Poster
Fair enough, I was just hoping to catch a few reviews of the ride that exceed twitter length. It will be quite awhile before I get a chance to experience it in person.

And that's fair too.

Hey gang, let's try and remember to put the traditional SPOILER! tagline warning on any big reveals or first-hand information here. It's a good reminder than not all of us are in SoCal and can just pop over to Disneyland to check out the latest thing.

dweezil78

Looks about on par with the Star Wars Launch Bay.

I get the impression the queue will serve a similar purpose, only for Marvel, in showcasing various props/relics from the MCU and beyond with new updates over time. The Collector's 'museum' or whatever they refer to it is meant to have new exhibits.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Why do people keep referring to this attraction as "cheap"? I've seen Disneyland do cheap and it looks nothing like what I've seen of Mission Breakout so far.

I think it has more to do with redressing an existing attraction in a short amount of time than what it looks like although the choice in design and cut corners doesn't help.

Travel Junkie

I've decided to go to the park on Saturday morning and get at least one ride in on Mission: Breakout.

I look forward to forming my opinion of this ride after I actually see it and ride it at least once, and I will report back my findings here. :)

I'm debating whether I should go Saturday or wait until Sunday or Monday.

BrianLo

To call it a special 'exhibition' (and it obviously being a cheap overlay) has me still thinking it's actually a temporary attraction until Marvel Land is under construction (and the entire ride is then demolished). Just something to keep in mind.

;)

They will never demonlish ToT. It's a tiny amount of acreage for what is easily agreed upon to be an E ticket, no matter the current theme.

mickEblu

I don't know how to say much about it without spoilers - it's fun, funny, and thrilling. Much more intense movement than TOT. I need to ride more times to see all the profiles!

So how much more thrilling would you say GOTG is than TOT? Let's say TOT was a 7/10 on the thrill scale. What would you give GOTG? Also, in saying that, do you feel that TOT had more suspense because of the slower buildup? How would you compare the pace and story telling in GOTG:MB?

GiveMeTheMusic

So how much more thrilling would you say GOTG is than TOT? Let's say TOT was a 7/10 on the thrill scale. What would you give GOTG? Also, in saying that, do you feel that TOT had more suspense because of the slower buildup? How would you compare the pace and story telling in GOTG:MB?

The pace is borderline frenetic, especially compared to TOT. TOT built up slowly to a drop finale; GOTG doesn't wait to start throwing you around. I'm sure it varies based on the profile, but this is more 9/10 if TOT is a 7, IMO.

mickEblu

The pace is borderline frenetic, especially compared to TOT. TOT built up slowly to a drop finale; GOTG doesn't wait to start throwing you around. I'm sure it varies based on the profile, but this is more 9/10 if TOT is a 7, IMO.

Cool. Looking forward to riding it.

Disclaimer: 7/10 is based on a General thrill scale. If I was comparing TOT only to other rides at DLR I would probably put it at a 9/10

mickEblu

Oh ya. Last two Questions. Can you confirm if there are any physical sets in the show scenes? It's hard to believe that doors open up only to reveal a screen. Also how would you compare the Rocket AA to the other Top AAs at DLR?

britain

Oh ya. Last two Questions. Can you confirm if there are any physical sets in the show scenes? It's hard to believe that doors open up only to reveal a screen. Also how would you compare the Rocket AA to the other Top AAs at DLR?

What she's avoiding telling you is that it's ALL screens up and down the elevator shaft. No doors anywhere except for the view of DL.

(Not really, jk.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom