Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

TP2000

Original Poster
It's time to start a new thread for Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! ride reviews, photos, videos, and information.

Now that CM preview rides have started, and the ride opens to the public this Saturday, this thread can post our thoughts and conversations based on our own experiences, YouTube videos, etc.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly about the Disneyland Resort's newest E Ticket attraction - and America's first Marvel ride in a Disney theme park - can be discussed here.

britain

It's time to start a new thread for Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! ride reviews, photos, videos, and information.

Now that CM preview rides have started, and the ride opens to the public this Saturday, this thread can post our thoughts and conversations based on our own experiences, YouTube videos, etc.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly about the Disneyland Resort's newest E Ticket attraction - and America's first Marvel ride in a Disney theme park - can be discussed here.

Well, we already know about the Ugly. Hopefully there will be a lot of Good.

Travel Junkie

Could you point me to some of these reviews?

It's stuff from Twitter primarily. CM's can't be specific and obviously aren't going to bash it on their twitter accounts, but the sentiment seems to be positive. I know someone who went on it and described it as a shinier, faster paced, more intense TOT set to music. They really tried insert the story into the ride and apparently may have tried to hard as it kind of misses.

George Lucas on a Bench

Wow. The interior is completely void of any detail and looks shockingly garish. I guess I shouldn't be surprised with how the exterior turned out.

Looks about on par with the Star Wars Launch Bay. Actually, it looks just like it? What were we expecting, though? It's a rushed overlay.

That being said, I do genuinely like how the exterior looks.

Last edited:

mickEblu

It's stuff from Twitter primarily. CM's can't be specific and obviously aren't going to bash it on their twitter accounts, but the sentiment seems to be positive. I know someone who went on it and described it as a shinier, faster paced, more intense TOT set to music. They really tried insert the story into the ride and apparently may have tried to hard as it kind of misses.

I like the fact that it sounds like a completely different ride experience.

JD2000

from the Disneyland Website said:
His unique collection can normally be found on the mining planet known as Knowhere… but now, he’s bringing it all to Disney California Adventure Park for a special exhibition featuring his latest prize possessions: The Guardians of the Galaxy themselves!

To call it a special 'exhibition' (and it obviously being a cheap overlay) has me still thinking it's actually a temporary attraction until Marvel Land is under construction (and the entire ride is then demolished). Just something to keep in mind.

;)

George Lucas on a Bench

No way this is temporary. It's a wonder that temporary overlays such as Hyperspace Mountain and Haunted Mansion Holiday don't remain permanently. They're not prepping some temporary tie-in for the movie. It just happens to be the first Marvel ride to open because it was the easiest to do. This thing is going to pack them in and it's a ride that everyone has already been on, now with a talking raccoon. Respect Disney. Respect them. Now go back to criticizing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom