Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

D

Deleted member 107043

That's not surprising. I've always said, though not here, that he would wait until after SWL opens. As that is his crowning achievement in his tenure.

It's also the Disney board. They've basically begged him to stay and have done little (at least in view of the public) to find a worthy successor.

SSG

Just put the Tron coaster on the Autopia land like they originally planned. They might do that in Florida according to Jim Hill. <duck and cover>
No, you didn't....
giphy.gif

mickEblu

I'm certainly not taking Koenig's MiceChat article or Jim Hill's podcast as gospel, but neither of them said it would be just the lot behind the Tower that gets the Marvel treatment; both said there were indications that BugsLand would be part of the Marvel takeover. If that's true (and who knows?) there would be room for a pretty big build there. Back stage stuff would have to move around, but that is a good amount of space.View attachment 195591

Is that Marvel taking over that Bugs Land excluding ITTBAB? Could you imagine if they included ITTBAB too? All of Bugs Land, the expansion pad and part of Hollywoodland -all for Marvel sounds like a lot of space for Star Tours: the Adventures Get Downgraded And TOT the Remix.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's also the Disney board. They've basically begged him to stay and have done little (at least in view of the public) to find a worthy successor.

True, but I would expect them to extend beyond just 2019 if they didn't have someone in mind. 2019 is just too coincidental to be not relevant.

Unless of course they are going to put him on a year-to-year contract...

SSG

Is that Marvel taking over that Bugs Land excluding ITTBAB? Could you imagine if they included ITTBAB too? All of Bugs Land, the expansion pad and part of Hollywoodland -all for Marvel sounds like a lot of space for Star Tours: the Adventures Get Downgraded And TOT the Remix.
Koenig said: ...Marvel-themed land, which will consume a large chunk of Hollywood Land and the area around and behind Bugs Land. The Marvel Land will connect with Cars Land and don’t be surprised if Bugs Land is a casualty.

Hill said: once all of the Marvel-themed attractions that are planned for Hollywood Land & A Bug's Land are in place...

So, I guess it's open to interpretation on how much of BL goes...assuming it's true that BL goes.

SSG

When I was just on Google Earth, it struck me that the total of the various rumors are talking about a huge piece of DCA being re-purposed in the coming years. Supposedly, the bus load area; the sound stages; all the northside of HWL; the Hyperion; the lot behind the Tower and Bugs Land could be re-done. That is a ton of ground.

Screenshot (18)_LI.jpg

Last edited:

mickEblu

Koenig said: ...Marvel-themed land, which will consume a large chunk of Hollywood Land and the area around and behind Bugs Land. The Marvel Land will connect with Cars Land and don’t be surprised if Bugs Land is a casualty.

Hill said: once all of the Marvel-themed attractions that are planned for Hollywood Land & A Bug's Land are in place...

So, I guess it's open to interpretation on how much of BL goes...assuming it's true that BL goes.

Not a huge fan of Bugs Land but hate to lose greenery for the Alien New York vibe. Also haven't seen ITTBAB in a couple years but that underground queue is awesome.

mickEblu

When I was just on Google Earth, it struck me that the total of the various rumors are talking about a huge piece of DCA being re-purposed in the coming years. Supposedly, the bus load area; the sounds tages; all the northside of HWL; the Hyperion; the lot behind the Tower and Bugs Land could be re-done. That is a ton of ground.

View attachment 195603

So sounds like the Coaster goes behind TOT. Is Iron man for the backlot and Mickey for the bus load or area or vice versa? Would make more sense for Mickey to be in the backlot considering the Hollwyoodland / rumored Marvel Land layouts

SSG

So sounds like the Coaster goes behind TOT. Is Iron man for the backlot and Mickey for the bus load or area or vice versa? Would make more sense for Mickey to be in the backlot considering the Hollwyoodland / rumored Marvel Land layouts
Agreed, assuming Disney wants to keep some of HWL. Which I wouldn't mind at all.

D

Deleted member 107043

True, but I would expect them to extend beyond just 2019 if they didn't have someone in mind. 2019 is just too coincidental to be not relevant.

Who knows what the specific terms of the agreement are, but it has been widely reported that the board has been dragging its feet on replacing Iger and drafting a succession plan. Luckily for them (and us) he's willing to stick around.

mickEblu

Looks like my suspended Aladdin E ticket will have to wait for a third park. If DCA is going away with the California theme let's go ahead and put Adventure Land 2 in the simba lot. For all the great adventure land concepts/ IPs that don't fit into DLs tiny Adventure land

EDIT: well I guess it's not that Adventureland is tiny as much as it is that the Jungle Cruise and Indy are enormous.

mickEblu

Why? There's plenty of available space. All they have to do is take out the Jungle Cruise. You'd be OK with that, right? :hilarious:

Blasphemy! Lol. Honestly the Jungle Cruise isn't my favorite ride and I rarely ride it but it's classic and I could never ask for them to remove it. Maybe give it some love. New AAs and story line but never to get rid of it. How can you not smile during the elephant bathing pool scene? That's Classic DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom