Future Corps - Frontierland Work Thread

Stratofarius

Original Poster
So our Frontierland is made up of two sub areas named Indian Village and Critter Country (we must change name). The new mini land is Thunder Mountain, which has the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the restaurant.

Guys, I would love to ask all of you to please begin posting your projects. I'll post mine later today.

CharlieD

I'm sorry you've lost me completely. Have we dropped the Thunder Canyon (Frontierland town) idea? Where's Thunder Mountain going? I thought we weren't even doing the Indian Village idea anymore. I can't write a backstory for Thunder Mountain because I don't even know its location anymore.

Sorry for being away the last couple of days- I don't even know the due date? I thought it was always Wednesdays.

Stratofarius

Original Poster
I'm sorry you've lost me completely. Have we dropped the Thunder Canyon (Frontierland town) idea? Where's Thunder Mountain going? I thought we weren't even doing the Indian Village idea anymore. I can't write a backstory for Thunder Mountain because I don't even know its location anymore.

Sorry for being away the last couple of days- I don't even know the due date? I thought it was always Wednesdays.

Due dates are Saturday.

Here`s the thing.
Frontierland will be two islands: Indian Village and *insert town name here*. Thunder Canyon is a separate island and a mini new land, called, uhm, Thunder Canyon. It`ll have Thunder Mountain and the restaurant. There. Better?

figmntal95

Ok, so I'm doing Legends of the West and Country Bears.

A while ago, I had this idea to rewrite and rehaul the Country Bears with more relevant songs and a somewhat relevant guest star. The first thing I thought of was a skit from the Muppet Show where Fozzie Bear dressed up as a cowboy. Not only is Fozzie a bear, he has ties to Frontierland! He's perfect.

So, the backstory is that Fozzie, who has not yet joined the Muppets (think how he is in the Muppet Movie before Kermit finds him) and is looking for a place to showase his talents. What better place than a theater filled with singing bears? Basically, the show format will be the same, with all the classic characters performing musical numbers, but with interruptions from Fozzie. These will be the comical moments of the show, with a bear performing a song and having Rufus, the theatre's stage manager, chasing Fozzie in the background. At the end, however, Henry will ask what Fozzie is trying to do, and Fozzie tells them that he just wants to perform, and Henry lets him join in with the rest of the cast in the finale number.

Here's the list of songs

-Bear Band Seranade- Gomer, Henry, 5 Bear Rugs
-Achey Breaky Heart- Trixie
-On the Road Again- Wendell, Fozzie
-Elvis Presley Country Medley- Liverlips McGrowl
-California Bears- The Sun Bonnets, Fozzie Bear
-How Long Will My Baby Be Gone- Terrence
-Rawhide Theme- 5 Bear Rugs
-If Ya can't bite, Don't Growl- Ernest
-Swingin' in The Rain- Teddi Bara, Henry, and Fozzie
-Ghost Riders in the Sky- Five Bear Rugs
-Blood on the Saddle- Big Al
-Thank God I'm a Country Bear- Cast

I'll do Legends of the West later.

figmntal95

Legends of the West

Guests board simulator vehicles similar to horses in the theater. Guests who wish to experience this attraction without motion may sit in a carriage. Once each guest has boarded, the film begins.

The ride starts out in the town of Thunder Canyon, where the local sheriff has hired new recruits to go find criminals, acting as sidekicks to legendary Western heroes that will be encountered during the ride.

First, the guests are riding through a desert, where a train robbery is happening up ahead. Just then, Zorro rides up next to the riders, and tells them to follow him. The film follows Zorro as he successfully defeats the train robbers and saves the victims.

The riders then find themselves riding through a forest. Sounds of a river are heard up ahead. Then, the river, in all it's glory, is seen. In the river are two boats, one with Davy Crockett, one with Mike Fink. Crockett tells the riders that they're going after some river pirates. Fink tells the guests to ride ahead and investigate. The guests ride up ahead, before finding themselves surrounded by the River Pirates. Luckily, Davy and Mike come in just in time and fight off the Pirates. They tell us to ride on and the ride continues.

The riders are now deeper in the forest, where they come across an Indian Encampment. The ride stops. A few suspenseful moments occur before multiple Indians emerge from all sides. They look like they are about to attack as Kit Carson appears to battle the Indians. The Indians begin to attack however, and Kit Carson and the Riders are still outnumbered. Heroic music begins to play as Zorro, Crockett, and Fink show up to help fight. The heroes succesfully defeat the Indians and ride on back to Thunder Canyon.

Once back at Thunder Canyon, the heroes meet up with the Sheriff, and everyone thanks the riders for their help. Then, the Sheriff takes a picture of the riders and the ride ends.

The gift shop has the picture embedded into a newspaper style print proclaiming the people in the picture as heroes.

IDK, we could change this up to be interactive where the vehicles have guns on them to fight the enemies.

techiegsy

Splash Mountain

Take a wet river ride through the briar patch and follow Br’er Rabbit on his escapades. Much like all Splash Mountain attractions, chick-a-pin hill is seen from many places in the park, as well as the final drop. The exterior of this mountain is more rustic than grassy to fit in with the abandoned town feel. Once upon a time the keen miners of the town expanded their excavations across the river and into Chick-a-pin Hill. As they dug all the caves through the mountain they had problems with the rain and water, hence they had to suddenly decide to abandon this attempt. So the critters moved into the mountain, and welcome you on your travels through it.

As you pass through the queue you can see where the miners left their tools and how the critters have made these into their homes. You wind through an old mill and into the mountain it’s self. As you pass to the load are you see more critter homes and hideaways, this included Br’er Frogs house, where he is dosing in a rocking chair. You are introduced to the characters of the story through a series of portraits. You are given your last warnings, and offered the last chance to “Chick-a-pin” out.

Once you board your hollowed out log (2-across, 4-long) you are whisked along to the front of Chick-a-pin hill and see the logs drop into the briar patch. Watch out, you might get wet! As we move on we pass up through the miners old store, where Br’er frog has his premonition about Br’er rabbit, He tells how if he moves out of that briar patch it’s sure to bring trouble. As we reach the top of the lift we pass more critters homes made out of old miners tools and greenery from the area, including Br’er Fox’s and Br’er Bear’s homes, where we hear them loudly snoring. As we enter into the show building we see Br’er Rabbit and his friends welcoming you by singing “How do you do?”.

As we move further into the adventures we see Br’er Fox and Br’er bear getting closer and closer to catching Br’er Rabbit, and we know we are getting closer to the drop. When they finally do catch Br’er Rabbit we fall into a reditiong of the Mother’s Lamment. We finally enter the lift for the final hill and we see Br’er Rabbit trcking Br’er fox into throwing him into the briar patch. The vultures warn of the impending fall.

As we reach the top of the hill, mist prevents us seeing the base of the drop, until it’s too late and we’re plunging into the briars. Once again we move past abandoned mining equipment and to the finale, as we see all the characters singing “Zip-A-Dee” aboard the paddle boat many of the characters welcome back Br’er rabbit. And we pass Br’er Fox fighting off a crocodile. Our last image is of Br’er rabbit safely back at home.
As we leave we can pick up our photos or Mercantile from an old mining store.

Thunder Canyon Riverboat.

Take this easy time riverboat journey around Thunder Canyon and beyond! All aboard the authentic steam-powered paddle boat for this journey. Join your guide, Buffalo Bill, and set sail around the river bend to see what’s in store.

As guests head off they pass Thunder Mountain Buffalo Bill warns the guests of the runaway mine trains and the odd villagers, but says it’s defiantly one of the wildest things in the wilderness! As we move deeper into the woods we turn a bend and see a familiar face relaxing outside, it’s Mark Twain! He’s relaxing on his porch, occasionally waving at a passing boat.

We continue on our voyage and now we see an Indian Camp, where there are canoes and tee-pees, as well as all the villagers. Buffalo Bill tells of his exploits with these Indians and how they have come to live at peace together.

As we turn another corner we see a small scene. This is a moored boat and a “Gone Fishin’” sign. Simple but we then here of Bufallo Bill’s adventures when he was fishing. This man gets easily distracted... We also see some old mining things and a cave with a few critters in.

We turn the corner and come back to where we started!

Stratofarius

Original Poster
Pocahontas
Dark ride designed by the Future Corps
Located in Frontierland

Entrance:
The ride sign stands in front of the entrance, which simulates an old American forest. On the background, you can not only hear the sounds of the forest, but you can also hear the sounds of men arriving in boats. As you approach the loading area, which looks like a riverbend, you can clearly see a ship docking on the horizon, and the song “Virginia Company” on the background. As you board your canoe, Grandmother Willow informs you to keep your hands and arms inside the canoe all the times, and watch your little kids. The canoes then depart.

First Scene (Steady as the Beating Drum):
As you exit the loading dock, you can see far fields full of Indians harvesting the necessary for their village. They look at your canoe like it’s something that they’re expecting for a long time, and you can see them pointing to the village, while the song is being played on the background, where more canoes are docked, and Powhatan, the village’s chief, is talking to everyone (as an advanced Audio Animatronic). He then turns to Kekata and asks “Where is Pocahontas, my daughter?”. Konata answers that she follows the wind, and you can see the wind pulling some leafs from the trees and leading you to the next scene.

Second Scene (Just Around the Riverbend):
Just as you enter the second scene, you can immediately see an enormous waterfall on the right side of the tracks. You can hear Pocahontas singing on the background, and as she enters the chorus, she falls down the waterfall, coming out with Meeko on her canoe. She continues to sing as she steers around the track, disappearing on one side and reappearing on the other. The wind dances with her, and as she begins to wonder if she should marry the man that her father wants to marry and have a life steady as the beating drum, and an effect projects her and Kocoum on the water where you are steering. But, as you pass over it, the projections disappear, and you can clearly see Pocahontas entering the place where Grandmother Willow stays.

Third Scene (Listen with your Heart):
The trees make way for a more darker area. You circle around Grandmother Willow and Pocahontas. Grandmother Willow is a mix of effects and animatronics, as she seems to give life to the things around you, such as the wind and the trees, that shake and dance as Pocahontas begins to listen with her heart. When she does so, Grandmother Willow’s voice begins to become faint, as you can clearly hear something else in the background. The sounds on the background begin to overcome the music and the sounds of the forest, and suddenly the trees in front of you fall, leading you to the beach.

Fourth Scene (Mine, Mine, Mine):
Guests now are in the middle of a small river in between a beach with a docked English ship and the forest. On the beach, there are dynamites, and people mining for gold, while Governor Radcliffe sings, exploding parts of the forest around you. On the other side, you can see John Smith exploring the forest, climbing a mountain and more. On the ceiling, you can see projections of dirt being throwed over you, and Pocahontas is observing from a bunch of trees. An explosion makes the trees fall once again and the path is clear for the next scene.

Fifth Scene (Colors of the Wind):
Pocahontas and John Smith have just met, and this is the Colors of the Wind section. The whole scene appears to change in front of you as the wind passes through it. The colors change, and the projections on the ceiling change from day and night. Animals appear in the forest, and on the other side, you can see Pocahontas running through the forest, followed by John Smith. The wind appears to lift you so you can see the mountain, the river, the beach, everywhere you just went through. However, drums and fire overcome the wind and you get dropped back in the water.

Sixth Scene (Savages):
Both sides have declared war against each other. On the right side you can see the British camp, with Governor Radcliffe giving everyone guns and drums, telling they’re going to fight because the Indians are different, so they must be evil. On the left side, the Indians are also preparing for war, and they have captured John Smith. You can hear Pocahontas crying until you finally see her and Grandmother Willow. Pocahontas then realizes that John Smith is the one that she truly loves. She runs to the meeting grounds where the two factions are going to fight. The lights go out just as Powhatan is about to kill John Smith and Pocahontas interrupts her.

Finale (Colors of the Wind reprise):
Both sides agree to stop the war in this next scene, but Radcliffe has a different idea and accidentally shoots John Smith. He gets captured by his men and throwed in the ship. The ride ends with you on a rock, looking at the ship depart, together with Pocahontas, as Colors of the Wind plays on the background.

CharlieD

Woah! The detail you guys have put into your projects is astonishing. I'm definitely going to have to improve Thunder Mountain (which I've put straight into the PDF if thats OK).

I'll put the finished project with everything in it up this evening.

Stratofarius

Original Poster
Woah! The detail you guys have put into your projects is astonishing. I'm definitely going to have to improve Thunder Mountain (which I've put straight into the PDF if thats OK).

I'll put the finished project with everything in it up this evening.

Yay!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom