Future Corps - Frontierland Work Thread

Stratofarius

Original Poster
"Yee haw partners! This is Yeehaw Bob, saying hi to y'all and welcome to Frontierland, the wildest place on this side of the river!"

"Please hang on to your hats and glasses and be prepared for the most diverse range of fun and excitement you can find- like the Diamond Horseshoe Salloon, this week's re-imagined project!"

"Oh yeah, that fella Edward Highway, with his son Hughes I, and their crazy "roads" ideas... I'll tell ya fellas, it'll never lift off the ground!"

figmntal95

:lookaroun

Diamond Horseshoe? We should probably do something reminiscent of the original Golden Horseshoe Show. It was fantastic.

Stratofarius

Original Poster
:lookaroun

Diamond Horseshoe? We should probably do something reminiscent of the original Golden Horseshoe Show. It was fantastic.

We need to re-imagine it, and there's a secret project.

Are we going for a new Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain.

techiegsy

Ok guys, lets go!!

Erm, I think we keep Splash as a Clone and look at Big thunder. But we defiantly need both (In my opinion).

I like the idea of one theme/back story for the whole land (see DLP) so we can keep it cohesive.

Something like: During the gold rush people from all walks of life rushed to the frontier using what ever they could find to dig everywhere and anywhere. Stores and places to eat were set up in old building, or some shacks built in the middle of nowhere, but as the gold ran out the people started to leave and things begin to shut down. Then, one heavy winter, rain fall flooded some of the caverns and caves around the Frontier and critters from all walks of life rushed into the flooded land. The few remaining people started to notice the attraction of these critters and used the old buildings to serve food and sell their wares. But all this movement disturbed the old mining train and one day it took off without warning taking surprised tourists on a hair-raising tour of the town.

Ok, it needs work, but it's a starting point...

figmntal95

I agree with techie that we should have a centric Frontierland theme, but I think we could do something truly more creative. For instance, our Tom Sawyer's island could be the home of a mythical beast that created Frontierland. Our we could have three sublands... each with a different backstory:

-The Town
-Critter Country
-Thunder Mesa

And why wasn't Tom Sawyer ISland the reimagined project? I say we reimagine it anyway.

figmntal95

Here's what we can start with:

-Splash Mountain-Clone
-Big Thunder Mountain-Reimagined
-Golden Horseshoe- Show, reimagined
-Tom Sawyer's Island- Reimagine
-Maybe the Canoes
-Country Bears- Reimagined
-MAybe a dark ride--- Bambi, Home on the Range
-Woody's Roundup--- Show or Interactive Dark Ride
-Mine Train through Natures Wonderland?
-Circlevision Reel Ride

figmntal95

How 'bout this.... an attraction called "Legends of the West."

Guests all board simulated horse shaped vehicles, in a CircleVision Theatre. The horses will move with the screen, and the guests will ride through elaborate Frontierland landscapes, along the way seeing legends such as Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, and Zorro.

CharlieD

Western River Expedition or Geyser Mountain anyone? Or how about Haunted Mansion even?

I think the central story is good but please- no Critter Country sub land.

Or how about instead of Splash, a new log flume ride called Gold Mountain?

And can I just get this off my chest. As well as no Critter Country- no Toy Story, Home and the Range or Bambi (it just doesn't fit!).

But maybe like we suggested back in the Fantasyland brainstorm- a Pocahontas ride?

I'm liking the Legends Of The Wild West idea. But how about bringing a shorter version of Paris' Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show to our Frontierland.

Or another idea... how about splitting Frontierland land into two areas: Thunder Canyon, the booming wild western town and Indian Village, a Native American land.

Here's how the attractions would be split up:

Thunder Canyon
Big Thunder Mountain
Legends Of The Wild West/Buffalo Bill
Golden Horseshoe
Possibly Western River Expedition or Gold Mountain or Geyser Mountain
Possibly Canoes and/or Mark Twain Riverboat
Maybe Haunted Mansion?
(No Tom Sawyer Island because Thunder Mountain should be on an island like in Paris)

Indian Village
Pocahontas Dark Ride
Indian Village play area
Lewis and Clark River Expedition or Splash Mountain
Possibly Country Bears
Pocahontas and her forest friends show?

No wait... forgot Lewis and Clark, we've already got rapids in Adventureland

OK and while I'm here I had a backstory idea for Thunder Mountain. The locals are giving mine train tours through the Rainbow Caverns, home to the legendary rainbow crystals, when suddenly something goes horribly wrong and the legendary Thunder Bandits hijack your train and make it change track, sending it blasting down the mountain. It's not perfect, I'm still thinking about it.

Phew!

figmntal95

Western River Expedition or Geyser Mountain anyone? Or how about Haunted Mansion even?

Gonna have to debunk those two. Fire Mountain and Pirates are similar to both. And we have to put HM in a new land, Frontierland's been done.

I think the central story is good but please- no Critter Country sub land.

Maybe..

Or how about instead of Splash, a new log flume ride called Gold Mountain?

Uh... I'm gonna have to disagree....

And can I just get this off my chest. As well as no Critter Country- no Toy Story, Home and the Range or Bambi (it just doesn't fit!).

Eh, those were just suggestions.

But maybe like we suggested back in the Fantasyland brainstorm- a Pocahontas ride?

Yeah I forgot about her. That'd work.

I'm liking the Legends Of The Wild West idea. But how about bringing a shorter version of Paris' Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show to our Frontierland.

Sure, we can do both. How about Buffalo Bill's show in the Diamond Horseshoe?

Or another idea... how about splitting Frontierland land into two areas: Thunder Canyon, the booming wild western town and Indian Village, a Native American land.

That'd work.

Here's how the attractions would be split up:

Thunder Canyon
Big Thunder Mountain Yes
Legends Of The Wild West/Buffalo Bill Yes, BB to Golden Horseshoe
Golden Horseshoe Yes
Possibly Western River Expedition or Gold Mountain or Geyser Mountain No
Possibly Canoes and/or Mark Twain Riverboat Yes
Maybe Haunted Mansion? New Land
(No Tom Sawyer Island because Thunder Mountain should be on an island like in Paris) Good thought

Indian Village
Pocahontas Dark Ride Yes
Indian Village play area Yes
Lewis and Clark River Expedition or Splash Mountain Splash Mountain
Possibly Country Bears Definitely Country Bears
Pocahontas and her forest friends show? Why not, we need shows

No wait... forgot Lewis and Clark, we've already got rapids in Adventureland

Yeah....

OK and while I'm here I had a backstory idea for Thunder Mountain. The locals are giving mine train tours through the Rainbow Caverns, home to the legendary rainbow crystals, when suddenly something goes horribly wrong and the legendary Thunder Bandits hijack your train and make it change track, sending it blasting down the mountain. It's not perfect, I'm still thinking about it.

I like it.

Phew!

My two cents

figmntal95

Also, let's just call Indian Village Critter Country.... having SM and CBJ doesn't make sense in an Indian Village, but I could see Pocahontas in CC.

Stratofarius

Original Poster
Those are actually sounding good. We'll go for Thunder Mountain and Critter Country. Figmental, post another one of yours updated lists so we can check everything we have. Besides, remember we have to COUNT how many attractions/shows/etc we have, there's a limit, fella, and we can always remove some stuff from Fantasyland.

CharlieD

So Frontierland attractions.....

Thunder Canyon
1. Thunder Mountain
2. Legends Of The Wild West
3. Mark Twain Riverboat
4. Thunder Canyon Mining Co. (Gold panning for a small fee)

Critter Country
5. Splash Mountain
6. Pocahontas Dark Ride
7. Country Bear Jamboree
8. Pocahontas' Indian Village

There.... plus Buffalo Bill's show and Pocahontas show

figmntal95

Here's what we got:

Thunder Canyon
Attractions
1. Thunder Mountain Railroad
2. Legends of the West
3. Riverboat
Shows
1. Buffalo Bill's Golden Horseshoe Revue
2. Wild West Stunt Show
Shops
1. Thunder Canyon Mining Co.
2. Thunder Canyon Mercantile
Meet and Greets
1. Meet the Legends of the West
Restaurants
1. Thunder Mesa Restaurant- Table Service
2. Pecos Bill Cafe- Quick Service

Critter Country
Attractions
4. Splash Mountain
5. Country Bear Jamboree
6. Pocahontas
Shows
3. Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends
Shops
3. The Briar Patch
4. Indian Trading Post
Meet and Greets
2. Pocahontas' Indian Village
Restaurants
3. The Hungry Bear- Quick Service

I kinda changed some things around, so we didn't have to many attractions and we can have whatever we want... passing it off as a meet and greet or shop.

Stratofarius

Original Poster
glowfoto

Don't worry, just because it looks small on the map, doesn't mean it is.

figmntal95

We should definitely add some building facades like in the other Frontierlands between the Stunt Show and the Golden Horseshoe. Then, we can have one big entrance to FL from AL between GH and The Legends Ride, and a small tunnel-ish area (like in WDW, to the right of the Tiki Room there is a tunnel that exits out near the Country Bears.) exiting out near the Stunt Show or Golden Horseshoe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom