Future Corps - Frontierland Work Thread

techiegsy

You guys work fast, I go out for a few hours...

How 'bout this.... an attraction called "Legends of the West."

Guests all board simulated horse shaped vehicles, in a CircleVision Theatre. The horses will move with the screen, and the guests will ride through elaborate Frontierland landscapes, along the way seeing legends such as Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, and Zorro.

I love it, I can see the other actors riding on horses to one side. So all the horses would be articulated, and overall on a turntable so we can control where they are headed?

Western River Expedition or Geyser Mountain anyone? Or how about Haunted Mansion even?

Maybe... It could fit the brief storyline.

But maybe like we suggested back in the Fantasyland brainstorm- a Pocahontas ride?

Sure, just around the river bend has been stuck in my head for weeks!

I'm liking the Legends Of The Wild West idea. But how about bringing a shorter version of Paris' Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show to our Frontierland.

Keep both

Or another idea... how about splitting Frontierland land into two areas: Thunder Canyon, the booming wild western town and Indian Village, a Native American land.

I'm still not keen on defining sub-lands, I like to mix things up... I think its better to have ONE story threading through all rides, not putting them in specific sub-lands

Here's how the attractions would be split up:

<Snip>

OK and while I'm here I had a backstory idea for Thunder Mountain. The locals are giving mine train tours through the Rainbow Caverns, home to the legendary rainbow crystals, when suddenly something goes horribly wrong and the legendary Thunder Bandits hijack your train and make it change track, sending it blasting down the mountain. It's not perfect, I'm still thinking about it.

Brilliant! I think it's a nice link, and different to the others...

Phew!

Here's what we got:

Thunder Canyon
Attractions
1. Thunder Mountain Railroad
2. Legends of the West
3. Riverboat
Shows
1. Buffalo Bill's Golden Horseshoe Revue
2. Wild West Stunt Show
Shops
1. Thunder Canyon Mining Co.
2. Thunder Canyon Mercantile
Meet and Greets
1. Meet the Legends of the West
Restaurants
1. Thunder Mesa Restaurant- Table Service
2. Pecos Bill Cafe- Quick Service

Critter Country
Attractions
4. Splash Mountain
5. Country Bear Jamboree
6. Pocahontas
Shows
3. Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends
Shops
3. The Briar Patch
4. Indian Trading Post
Meet and Greets
2. Pocahontas' Indian Village
Restaurants
3. The Hungry Bear- Quick Service

I kinda changed some things around, so we didn't have to many attractions and we can have whatever we want... passing it off as a meet and greet or shop.

All good

glowfoto

Don't worry, just because it looks small on the map, doesn't mean it is.

It all seems a bit broken up (I know it's roughish) but in Disney a lot of the ride buildings link, and I like how that works, just a thought?

Thunder Mountain should go on an island in the Rivers Of The Far West or whatever we call it.

Definatly

figmntal95

Techie, In response to you saying that everything is too spread out, I suggested that we add some building facades in between the Stunt Show and the Golden Horseshoe, with a entrance to Frontierland from Adventureland in a small space midway between the facades.

techiegsy

Techie, In response to you saying that everything is too spread out, I suggested that we add some building facades in between the Stunt Show and the Golden Horseshoe, with a entrance to Frontierland from Adventureland in a small space midway between the facades.

Yes, I think that would work well, give a bit more of a link...

figmntal95

Tell me what to revise.

Place BTMR on an Island with a bridge connecting to where it currently is.... but put the shop on the mainland part. Add building facades to the large area in between the Golden Horseshoe and the Stunt Show, with a small space in between to serve as another entrance to Frontierland from Adventureland.

figmntal95

So, should we split up what we're doing?

I'd like to do Legends of the West, Country Bears, and Buffalo Bill's Show.

I think CharlieD should do BTMRR, and Stratofarius and Techie, you guys can do whatever you'd like. If you really want to do any of the ones I wanted to do, I guess you could...

techiegsy

I'm not well aqquainted enough with Pocahontas to do the dark ride, so I guess I'll do the golden horseshoe review

Where did we want to go with this?

figmntal95

Just FYI we might have to change it if they add a secret project, but here's what we got:

figmntal95: Legends of The West stuff and Country Bear Jamboree

CharlieD: Big Thunder Mountain, putting everything together

Stratofarius: Pocahontas Dark Ride and Meet and Greet

Techiegsy: Splash Mountain and Riverboat

And IMHO we should all work on Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, because it's kinda our main focus of this project.

techiegsy

Just FYI we might have to change it if they add a secret project, but here's what we got:

figmntal95: Legends of The West stuff and Country Bear Jamboree

CharlieD: Big Thunder Mountain, putting everything together

Stratofarius: Pocahontas Dark Ride and Meet and Greet

Techiegsy: Splash Mountain and Riverboat

And IMHO we should all work on Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, because it's kinda our main focus of this project.

Is splash not a clone?

figmntal95

Thunder Canyon
Attractions
1. Thunder Mountain Railroad
2. Legends of the West
3. Riverboat
Shows
1. Buffalo Bill's Golden Horseshoe Revue
2. Wild West Stunt Show
Shops
1. Thunder Canyon Mining Co.
2. Thunder Canyon Mercantile
Meet and Greets
1. Meet the Legends of the West
Restaurants
1. Thunder Mesa Restaurant- Table Service
2. Pecos Bill Cafe- Quick Service

Critter Country
Attractions
4. Splash Mountain
5. Country Bear Jamboree
6. Pocahontas
Shows
3. Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends
Shops
3. The Briar Patch
4. Indian Trading Post
Meet and Greets
2. Pocahontas' Indian Village
Restaurants
3. The Hungry Bear- Quick Service

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom