Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should keep Wandering Oaken's Trading Post in HS year-round because with a 2 hour wait time to get in, it's OBVIOUSLY very popular, and gives families a chance to experience Frozen WITHOUT taking over pre-existing rides. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but it has no place in the WS.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Interesting:

672f888b46596e7f70b171aba6817e88.jpg

So then, a test of interest? A farewell?

http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1009902/?RMID=20140804_ParksNewArrivalsLap&RRID=7806806&CMP=EMC-eml

SpaceMountain77

I received this e-mail this morning. To date, I have purchased most of the limited-release attraction poster tees. I believe this will be the second Epcot offering as Horizons was offered last fall; there were three versions, one for each ending. Aside from Horizons, I recall all of the other limited-release attraction poster tees were for current, classic attractions. Given the timing and news circulating the web, it certainly seems to be a peculiar choice for their next release.

I will certainly purchase one before the deadline. Now, if only I can encourage 4,999 other people to purchase the tee and join me in the courtyard of the Norway Pavilion on September 27th.

SpaceMountain77

The eye glows in-the-dark and Epcot Center appears on the back. It is certainly an incredible shirt that I will buy. However, deep down, I know this is Disney's way of exciting the Epcot loyalists and exploiting their attachment for money :cry:

Although I was not the first to pass this way, I suspect that in August, I will be among the last.

FigmentJedi

The eye glows in-the-dark and Epcot Center appears on the back. It is certainly an incredible shirt that I will buy. However, deep down, I know this is Disney's way of exciting the Epcot loyalists and exploiting their attachment for money :cry:

Although I was not the first to pass this way, I suspect that in August, I will be among the last.
I think the design's actually been around for a while in the park. It just seems like it won't be for long.

squidward

Really didn't believe at first that they were going to go through with this, but now it seems pretty definite.

My bet for next overlay is to remove Mark Twain and Ben Franklin from the American Adventure and replace them with Adam Sandler and Lady Gaga.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
What doesn't make sense is the argument that they should give tons of floor space in a shop if those items are not selling well. That isn't good for the company and it isn't good for the customers.[/QUOTE

Place making. The shops serve a duel function, or, they should. The shops should not just be there to fleece guests. They should keep you in the land/time period/theme of wherever you are. Modern Disney seems to forget that though. Princess dolls sell, so Princess dolls take over every shop, regardless of theme.

Haymarket2008

What an awesome shirt. Bought it this morning. I'm nervous that this shirt is grouping Maelstrom in with "extinct" attractions with the use of the original WDW & Epcot Center logo. It definitely is an interesting time to release a shirt...time will tell :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom