Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan1

Original Poster
I read an article today that said since Frozen has done so well, talks have already started about creating a ride and that it would replace Maelstrom at the Norway pavillion.

I really hope this doesn't happen. I would love a new ride in Epcot but it should be built not replace a classic ride, especially a still popular one.

Has anyone else heard about this?

asianway

I read an article today that said since Frozen has done so well, talks have already started about creating a ride and that it would replace Maelstrom at the Norway pavillion.

I really hope this doesn't happen. I would love a new ride in Epcot but it should be built not replace a classic ride, especially a still popular one.

It would be a shame only because the ride isn't long enough to do Frozen justice. A huge ice castle in place of the oil rig is something I can get behind

JohnD

No. But WS rides/attractions should be about the countries and not Disney movies or past entertainment. I'm already on record as saying that Mexico should revert to the original Mexico ride and not be based on The Three Callaberos. No other WS attraction is like this right now. Want character M&G? Knock yourself out but don't "Disney up" the main attractions.

Voxel

President of Progress City
No. But WS rides/attractions should be about the countries and not Disney movies or past entertainment. I'm already on record as saying that Mexico should revert to the original Mexico ride and not be based on The Three Callaberos. No other WS attraction is like this right now. Want character M&G? Knock yourself out but don't "Disney up" the main attractions.
I will only make amends for Disney Characters in World Showcase/Future World if the Disney Characters are teaching. Like Von Drake Teaching about Energy or Mulan taking guest through China her home teaching facts.

JohnD

I will only make amends for Disney Characters in World Showcase/Future World if the Disney Characters are teaching. Like Von Drake Teaching about Energy or Mulan taking guest through China her home teaching facts.

I see your point but I guess you have to pick your battles. Originally, characters were off limits, unless they originated in Epcot ( eg Figment). But WDW needed guests. Now the characters are everywhere -- Mickey in FW, Snow White/dwarfs in Germany, Alladin in Morocco, etc. I get it. Just keep the attractions focused on the countries in WS.

Voxel

I see your point but I guess you have to pick your battles. Originally, characters were off limits, unless they originated in Epcot ( eg Figment). But WDW needed guests. Now the characters are everywhere -- Mickey in FW, Snow White/dwarfs in Germany, Alladin in Morocco, etc. I get it. Just keep the attractions focused on the countries in WS.
I will agree with you. For the longest time I was against Disney Characters except originals. But like you said times are changing. As long as they are education and keep the attention with the countries the focus I am okay.

FrankLapidus

Could you post a link to the article?

I'm not a fan of the idea but it beats a themed bathroom which is all that Tangled got.

Voxel

At the risk of countering my own posts about M&G, I was already upset enough about turning the Stave Church into a M&G for Frozen characters. I mean it's a church replica, not Epcot's version of Princess Fairytale Hall. Can't they M&G somewhere else?
Its not a M&G its still the Stave Church. Its dedicated to the life and structures that inspired Frozen now.

JohnD

Its not a M&G its still the Stave Church. Its dedicated to the life and structures that inspired Frozen now.

Okay, I guess that's good then. It was closed the last time I was there to, apparently, reconfigure it for Frozen one way or the other.

CDavid

Considering that aside from the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Avatar if construction actually gets underway this year, Disney is building nothing in regard to new attractions, and nothing further formally announced. Hence, the chances of a Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom are probably pretty slim.

And again, characters have no place in World Showcase attractions.

luv

I love Maelstrom. Since the most recent change to SSE's narration, Maelstrom is my favorite ride in Epcot.

Adding characters or screens with cartoons couldn't make it better, but would run the risk of making it worse.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sounds like Disney is sending its trial balloons through Jim Hill again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom