Frozen - Live at The Hyperion

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

JediMasterMatt

The show will be an hour long

If they've upped it to an hour, that's great news for making the show potentially better. When I was last at DLR in January, I was told they were shooting for the same ~:45min as Aladdin to allow the show to be turned around in an hour at peak season.

Of course, now allowing beverages into the theater may slow down the turn around time a bit more... and making the show longer may mean more people needing to leave for the restroom when combined with the drinks.

Andrew_Ryan

In a world where Hollywood, Disney included, leans towards white as being the default skin color for it's characters, seeing these stage shows break through those boundaries and allow for more diverse casting is a positive move. There is a severe lack of representation of people of color in Disney's catalog of characters.

That said, the show hasn't even come out yet and I'm not entirely certain that they are actually doing this. It would be cool if it is true.

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
I love all of the new things Disney Parks is currently doing. They've got their mojo back for sure. I'm cautious, but this looks like it'll be a big hit.

mickeyfan5534

That stage looks so small and close to the ground the way it's shot. It's pretty looking but kind of dinky. Or is the stage terraced with more performance space below the stairs?

Rich T

If the actress playing Elsa captures the spirit of the character and can belt out an amazing "Let It Go," that's all that matters. I never did see the Aladdin show. I might try to see this one.

Old Mouseketeer

My rebel spies tell me this show has great potential, including some awesome special effects. I hear reports of conflicts between the Broadway creative team and the suits. Rehearsals are not going as well as planned and they are focusing on preparing the first cast, who were involved in the workshop phase, while the other two casts are mostly watching. The goal is to have the first cast ready for opening while they continue to rehearse the others. Those first weeks after opening are going to be rough on the first cast.

Most of what I hear makes me cautiously optimistic--but the next two weeks are going to be brutal. I haven't heard any talk of postponing the opening. I just hope they don't make any boneheaded moves like they did with the opening of Light Tragic where they were locked into dates they couldn't be ready for. If Rivers of Light at WDW is any indicator, they may be less inclined to box themselves into a corner.

GiveMeTheMusic

I spoke with some Arendelle refugees yesterday and it will be a small miracle if Frozen Live is ready for its press debut next week. The show's team is working around the clock to overcome late obstacles and suffice to say, they're not where they wish they were at this point in the process. There will certainly be no soft openings and the show is over an hour long.

The current plan is to perform three shows a day starting on the 27th, and showtimes should be released soon. Disney's new favorite thing, dining packages (some extravagantly priced as you might imagine) will be available in the near future as well.

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
It is long, but, as everyone here likes to remind us, the Anaheim parks are a magnet for locals who tend to tour the place at their leisure throughout the year. In that context committing an hour to see an elaborate well produced musical stage show shouldn't be an issue for the average DLR guest interested in seeing it, especially considering it takes almost the same amount of time (or longer) to wait in line for certain attractions on busy days.

GiveMeTheMusic

It is long, but, as everyone here likes to remind us, the Anaheim parks are a magnet for locals who tend to tour the place at their leisure throughout the year. In that context committing an hour to see an elaborate well produced musical stage show shouldn't be an issue for the average DLR guest interested in seeing it, especially considering it takes almost the same amount of time (or longer) to wait in line for certain attractions on busy days.

I don't mind the length at all but I have concerns in this instance for two reasons: the theater has no bathrooms, and they're selling alcohol, Cokes and snacks. Combine those factors with a very long show and I have...concerns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom