Frozen complainers are finally making headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magenta Panther

I remember wearing my 'Nevermind' t shirt to school and my teacher freaking out because of the babys little ding dong showing. LMAO. good times!

Part of me wants to trust the Disney "financial geniuses" because maybe they know something we dont. Cant blame them one bit for all the events they keep spewing out. The other part of me believes you are exactly right as far as this movie being one those "once every 20 years" type hits. Theyre long term plans are where I start to scratch my head. If the Maelstrom layover is the 'big one' then thats just a shame. And for the love of God, please dont anyone take that as an attempt to save Maelstrom. Its not about MAelstrom, never has been (for me at least).

I think they very well could continue to make this movie spin gold for them for years to come. It seems like thats what theyre hoping to do with Avatar, but not Frozen, and Frozen is insanely more popular and has a better market for merchandise. Why have a long term strategy for a more risky franchise (Avatar) but shake the golden goose of Frozen until its dead?

Very good points. It drives me crazy that Iger seems to think Disney NEEDS stuff like Avatar. I don't think he has the highest regard for Disney-generated creations, and he also seems to have no clue as to how the public regards Disney and its classics. Does anyone really believe the public would prefer an Avatar land in DAK instead of, say, a Lion King Pride Lands area, with a dark ride and a new show, etc.? As you say, it does seem like the suits at Diz are thinking short-term with the Frozen phenom and are satisfying guests demands for it on the cheap, while investing major bucks into Avatar. Very stupid of them. Very stupid indeed.

raven

Just heard grumblings that they've now inserted songs from Frozen into Epcot's Candelight Processional. Don't know if there's any truth in that but I wouldn't be surprised anymore.

Kman101

That is not something they should mess with, and I hope it isn't true.

Considering I was hoping to attend one this year finally I really hope not, and I'm not even at the point where I hate the songs yet. Some things really need to be left alone.

mm121

Good.

Meet n greets? A must.

Parade integration? Needed.

Fireworks? A crowd puller to a park that needed it.

The ride? Don't go there.

Evicting Cinderella? Wrong.

adding frozen to Norway in Epcot the one place in the parks that doesn't have characters.

and evicting Cinderella from her castle would be the two things that irk me the most

is Mickey featured during his very merry christmas party at all as part of the castle shows? if not thats just SAD

that he can't attend his own party.

Bairstow

adding frozen to Norway in Epcot the one place in the parks that doesn't have characters.

I think you mean, didn't have characters.

Gran_fiesta_sign.jpg

jensenrick

Stop the presses guys. Disney has FINALLY listened to reason and decided to incorporate something from Frozen into their huge resort. I mean, it's amazing that a film this popular had to wait this long to get something Frozen into their parks and resorts. Maybe now they'll finally consider adding other Frozen things.

CIC6903246.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but when I think Contemporary Resort, I think Frozen.

ZOMG, that holiday gingerbread display has FROZEn characters!!! Oh the HORROR!!

(Eyeroll)

Kman101

I still fail to see the issue in the castle lighting. It clearly draws the crowd. I'm over the Frozen phenom but to me it's one of the better additions. The original holiday wish was cute but does having Mickey and Cinderella there make it all that much better? Would having Cinderella give permission suddenly make the same exact show better? I just don't understand the complaint in that. I mean, I guess in the overall grand scheme of Frozen-ification of everything I can see the complaint of "evicting" her but that just sounds so dramatic to me. It's a lighting show of ice. How does it NOT make sense to have Elsa do it, honestly?

It's not like the castle is now listed as Elsa's.

Now, shoehorning Frozen into Maelstrom. Yeah, that's a problem.

imagineer boy

Just heard grumblings that they've now inserted songs from Frozen into Epcot's Candelight Processional. Don't know if there's any truth in that but I wouldn't be surprised anymore.

I seriously hope that is not true because that would be beyond distasteful.

"... for there there was no room for them in the inn. In that case Mary and Joseph just had to LET IT GOOOOOOO, LET IT GOOOOOO"

Great, now I just puked all over my keyboard.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I seriously hope that is not true because that would be beyond distasteful.

"... for there there was no room for them in the inn. In that case Mary and Joseph just had to LET IT GOOOOOOO, LET IT GOOOOOO"

Great, now I just puked all over my keyboard.
I just rolled off the couch laughing

Dgeek

Can someone explain to me why everyone is calling the Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom an overlay? Because to me that implies that they are just covering up everything Maelstrom and putting Frozen stuff in front of it, kind of like what they do with the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. With the money they are spending and the time that they are taking, I would think they are remaking the ride not redressing the ride, no?:angelic:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Can someone explain to me why everyone is calling the Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom an overlay? Because to me that implies that they are just covering up everything Maelstrom and putting Frozen stuff in front of it, kind of like what they do with the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. With the money they are spending and the time that they are taking, I would think they are remaking the ride not redressing the ride, no?:angelic:

Because what used to take 60 days now takes 18 months, Remember tiny Walt Disney Productions built EPCOT in 2 years. The 100 billion juggernaut 'The Walt Disney Company' took 4 years to build a kiddie coaster...

Matt_Black

Because when you say it like that, it's harder to justify the fanboy/ girl outrage?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It took them six months to refurb splash so that the animetronics partially worked...but worked much better I grant (no more seizure chickens like the past 3 years on the finale boat)

So...how long are they spending again on the frozen ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom